Royal Gossip
November 21, 2018, 06:39:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EACH_hospices to open their new charity shop March 18  (Read 9469 times)
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2016, 01:40:04 pm »

If so, they will make themselves ridiculous.

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2016, 07:38:58 pm »

I don't know about anyone else but the fact that she didn't donate anything for them to resell speaks volumes to me. Among other things, Diana would always donate dresses she had worn to the organizations that she supported because they were guaranteed to bring much needed publicity AND they would fetch quite a bit of money. Simple, yet I don't recall ever hearing of Kate doing anything like that. It really makes no sense if we are to believe the "Kate Effect" myth that they try to shove down our throats.

At first thought, I figured it's just because she's selfish & thoughtless. After thinking about it a little more, I'm beginning to wonder if it has more to do with the embarrassment of the item NOT garnering any interest/money. Such a public failure would sure take the wind out of the sails of the second coming of Diana image they've been trying to sell since the wedding.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2016, 07:54:02 pm »

^Very valid point, I personally would not want anything she had owned.  There is also, as we know, no  "kate effect"  .  she buys end of range/season, and then when they advertise it in the article and people go to buy it - voila - sold out.  The never mention it was from a previous season and was already sold out.  The clothes she wears I would not even look at, full stop.  Can you imagine the EACH shop saying in two years time that the clothes cath medd donated had been binned, nobody wanted them  easter-lol easter-lol easter-lol
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2016, 07:59:24 pm »

^And I believe that is EXACTLY what would happen and TPTB know it, too. It would be a PR nightmare trying to explain that one.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2016, 08:28:07 pm »

I don't know about anyone else but the fact that she didn't donate anything for them to resell speaks volumes to me. Among other things, Diana would always donate dresses she had worn to the organizations that she supported because they were guaranteed to bring much needed publicity AND they would fetch quite a bit of money. Simple, yet I don't recall ever hearing of Kate doing anything like that. It really makes no sense if we are to believe the "Kate Effect" myth that they try to shove down our throats.

At first thought, I figured it's just because she's selfish & thoughtless. After thinking about it a little more, I'm beginning to wonder if it has more to do with the embarrassment of the item NOT garnering any interest/money. Such a public failure would sure take the wind out of the sails of the second coming of Diana image they've been trying to sell since the wedding.

Kate has basically not even tried; she's not someone people want to be associated with, it's instinctive. She doesn't have the 'best stuff' because Charles isn't going to shell out couture for her own private use, she's not getting handmade designer gear because she has not proven herself. Even Diana had to prove herself before she was able to get free use of the credit card for couture and designer stuff. Kate doesn't give because she isn't trained to be a giving person who works with those less fortunate. She was raised to think of herself and to think of the world as being one big buffet of perks.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2016, 09:41:59 pm »

I agree Kuei.
Furthermore Kate isn' t a fashion icon at all, none of my friends want to get dressed as she does and actually she isn' t an icon at all
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: