Royal Gossip
June 23, 2017, 07:42:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate dodges St. Patrick's day  (Read 11044 times)
Stephanie
Princess

« on: March 16, 2016, 09:55:12 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3494358/EPHRAIM-HARDCASTLE-Kate-Middleton-break-115-year-old-tradition-pulling-presenting-St-Patrick-s-Day-shamrocks-Irish-guards.html stop stop
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 11:16:54 am »

it's too bad te did't sa "thanks but no thanks, bring us Bea or Eugenie from this point forward!"
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 12:42:26 pm »

Bring the Irish Guards a true princess now that Waster can't be bothered ick
Wimpo should not cover her behind, this tradition has to be carried out by a female.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 01:23:35 pm »

My source says: 'It appears that Kate, in London for Commonwealth Day, was keen to get back to Norfolk and her children. So William will dole out the shamrocks. Naturally Irish Guards officers are deflated.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3494358/EPHRAIM-HARDCASTLE-Kate-Middleton-break-115-year-old-tradition-pulling-presenting-St-Patrick-s-Day-shamrocks-Irish-guards.html#ixzz434VO2sQC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yes of course the kids.

sigh when she's there the headlines are about Kate ,and now she's not its still all about her

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 02:05:56 pm »

Another tradition broken and she has gall; I can't get over how she's literally throwing the role she strove for away with such determination. Even Fergie showed up and did her part to the best and got flamed on a regular basis, often unfairly. I don't think HM should let this farce of a marriage go on any longer. The monarchy is being derided and frankly Kate is so useless to her country that it's mind boggling; the comments are crucifying her and frankly what a huge letdown. These troops likely looked forward to meeting her and enjoying the ritual of shamrocks and she selfishly welshes.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 02:26:37 pm »

She takes a good many liberties. She always breaks the rules, that's what she likes.  nervous

Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 02:34:32 pm »

Waity wants to lazy about but not a word about what the Irish Guards want:respect and honor.
Instead they just have to deal with Miss Thang's disdain and watch her and Wimpo take another vacay.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 02:43:46 pm »

This is very strange that she did not show.  I don't believe she was longing to be back with her tykes.   I think there is more to this story.   eating cookies
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 02:52:22 pm »

Waity caught having an affair with one of them?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 03:46:14 pm »

I'm sure there must be a few military men/women who would be 'keen' to get back to their families and children any day of the week.  What an insult.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 03:55:10 pm »

This is very strange that she did not show.  I don't believe she was longing to be back with her tykes.   I think there is more to this story.   eating cookies

Yes... has she begun a Walk of Shame ?
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 04:08:06 pm »

^
I think so!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3494700/Kate-Middleton-pulls-presenting-shamrocks-Irish-Guards.html

The battalion, which still draws the majority of its recruits from Northern Ireland, was founded in April 1900 by a royal decree from Queen Victoria to commemorate the Irishmen who died fighting during the Boer War.
The custom of handing the soldiers shamrocks was started by by Queen Alexandra in 1901 and the role was later taken on by the Queen Mother.
Since then the Guards have fought in all the major 20th century conflicts and, more recently, led the British advance into Basra during the Iraq War in 2003.

Waity might have a problem with Northern Ireland for all we know.

nervous
And this.
But now it is understood the duchess will spend the next few weeks with the children ahead of her trip to India and Bhutan with Prince William in April.

Waster arrogantly quips she will be holed up at the hairdresser for the coming MONTH! stop

« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:16:15 pm by Stephanie » Logged
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 04:26:43 pm »

She has an engagement on Friday so why not also skip that to spend time with her kids

meh she just didn't feel like going this year

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 04:36:18 pm »

what if she wasn't wanted there. every year her appearance is a major embarrassment for everyone. maybe she se silently booted out ... so that she can spend time with her kids. first the royal work, now family engagements, next is Ascot and the balcony ... and the final straw: the divorce. and if we can dream on further: paternity test ... and out with the alimony and with "mother of the future king" priviledges
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 04:51:02 pm »

^
If she isn't going to India we know that's probably the scenario.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 04:55:26 pm »

As the daughter and wife (now ex) of members of HM forces o can't tell you what a big deal this is. If it's her or them not wanting her, it's a big, big deal. I've not a clue which it is, I suspect it's her, it's unprecedented to have her removed. I do know a couple of people connected to the Irish Guards, and I know there's not the affection there that there had been for other members of the RF. To put it nicely.
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2016, 05:13:00 pm »

Anyway it's sure it doesn't interest her. I wrote 'Walk of Shame' but she has no shame. I just think recent events have been so bad for them it is the first excuse she can get to avoid the event.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 05:18:50 pm »

Waity and the Bag of Bones did not have the wisdom to see beyond trapping PW -  the required expectations of future royal wife such as duty, loyalty, respecting tradition, observing protocol, having a sense of decorum etc  were not even considered in pursuit of that wretched ring.

Well, I for one, am delighted that Carole's pigeons are gradually coming home to roost and are dropping lots of poop over her and the Cambridge.  
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 05:48:31 pm »

Duchess of Cambridge pulls out of presenting St Patrick's Day shamrocks
THE Duchess of Cambridge has left royal watchers and soldiers disappointed after pulling out of presenting St Patrick's Day shamrocks to the Irish Guards.

For the past four years, Kate, 34, has taken on the duty, usually performed by a female member of the Royal Family since Queen Alexandra began the tradition in 1901.

The Queen Mother did it for many years. Princess Anne took up the honour until Kate began in 2012, seemingly continuing the female tradition.

But it is understood that this year, the future Queen wanted to stay at home at Anmer Hall in Norfolk with her two children, Prince George, 2, and 10-month-old Princess Charlotte.

She declined to attend Thursday's ceremony at the headquarters of the 1st Battalion Irish Guards in Hounslow, west London, leaving it to her husband, Prince William, who is Colonel of the regiment.

Aides said that the Duchess had enjoyed the duty in previous years and would undoubtedly do it again in future but did not want the public to think that she was taking on the responsibility annually.

Her decision fuelled criticism that both she and William as well as Prince Harry are not doing enough to warrant their taxpayer-funded lifestyle.

Last year Prince Philip, 94, undertook more royal engagements than William, Kate and Harry put together.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/653106/Duchess-of-Cambridge-St-Patricks-Day-shamrock

FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2016, 06:30:00 pm »

Hope the press tracks down her real whereabouts & she gets called out, just like in France. Well, except I don't wanna see her nude again  Embarrassed
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: