Royal Gossip
August 19, 2017, 04:37:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William to train as full time air ambulance pilot II  (Read 18552 times)
india
Princess

« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2017, 05:55:44 pm »

Willy and his slattern are a pair of freeloading, worthless louts.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #301 on: July 27, 2017, 06:31:07 pm »

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when he finally walks out the door! $5 says the team ends up at the bar, talking smack about him.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2017, 07:47:36 pm »

William don't get too excited

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/890605586521276417/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/890634018055573504/video/1

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail

From autumn future king Prince William will base himself and his family in London as he embarks on a new role as a full-time working royal.

I bet crew happy he's going yeah they will he pull his weight blah blah blah ,but having him going will be a relief for the crew

Prince William to pilot last East Anglian Air Ambulance shift
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-40728530
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:51:45 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2017, 07:55:13 pm »

imo interesting that he goes by "Wales" and not "Cambridge"...
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2017, 08:20:30 pm »

Prince William speaks of horrors that ‘cannot be unseen’ and experiences that will live with him forever as he begins his final shift as an air ambulance pilot

The Prince flew his final mission for East Anglian Air Ambulance today
    The Duke of Cambridge has worked for the rescue charity since March 2015
    He said he has gained experience on the job he will carry for the rest of his life
    Future king will now spend more time in London and expand his royal duties

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4736654/Prince-William-hands-final-air-ambulance-shift.html

The horrors that cannot be unseen = the list detailing the crew's shifts
--
>> Prince William wrote a letter sharing his ‘profound respect’ for his colleagues in the East Anglian Air Ambulance as he prepares for his last shift as a pilot for the charity.

"As I arrive for work at East Anglian Air Ambulance this evening, my last shift with this incredible team, I wanted to say thank you to my colleagues, team mates and the people of East Anglia who I have been so proud to serve.

Over the past two years I have met people from across the region who were in the most desperate of circumstances. As part of the team, I have been invited into people’s homes to share moments of extreme emotion, from relief that we have given someone a fighting chance, to profound grief.

I have watched as incredibly skilled doctors and paramedics have saved people’s lives. These experiences have instilled in me a profound respect for the men and women who serve in our emergency services, which I hope to continue to champion even as I leave the profession. I am hugely grateful for having had this experience.

From the moment I joined, when that phone rang at the base for the first time, it was clear that I was a fellow professional, a pilot with a job to do – in such a team there can be no other option, but still I am grateful to my colleagues for accepting me so readily.

At EAAA, our helicopters are airborne within four minutes of getting a call and can reach patients anywhere in the region within 25 minutes.

We land in residential gardens, school playing fields, beaches, roadsides, anywhere it is safe to do so. As a pilot, my job is to get the medical team to the patient as quickly and safely as possible, so they can give treatment as soon as possible after injury.

We are sent to only one per cent of ambulance call outs, where having a trauma team and getting the hospital to the patient quickly, can mean the difference between life and death.

I have watched our medical team perform surgery on a patient within minutes of jumping off the helicopter – their level of skill is astounding.

As a pilot at the scene, we will sometimes try and help by co-ordinating the area around the medical team, carrying their kit and doing whatever it takes to ensure they can focus on their work.

It is a joint effort, and everyone plays his or her role with great professionalism and dedication.

As a team, we travel to some very daunting incidents and we have been though some incredibly tough times together, witnessing some appalling tragedies.

One of the first call outs I made was to a young man who had taken his own life; it was an incredibly tough day and had a profound effect on all of us, not least in my determination now to draw attention to this issue.

Another rescue that sticks in my mind was to a young man who was involved in a road accident. His uncle in the car with him sadly didn’t survive, and I was sure that from what we were faced with he wouldn’t either – but thanks to the skills of our medical team he is alive today.

We were first on scene and in such circumstances we all had to pitch in to fight to save the young man’s life. It is days like this, when you know you have made a difference, that give you the determination to keep going.

I have seen at first-hand how our doctors, paramedics, police, fire and emergency services teams work together with such skill and professionalism in stressful situations.

I have also been very fortunate to work with an organisation which recognises the stress its staff deals with and puts their welfare as such a high priority.

You need to be physically and mentally fit to do this job properly and so we are encouraged to talk through the things we have seen, to share the trauma within the team.

I now know though that there are things that cannot be unseen and experiences that our first responders deal with on a daily basis that they will carry with them for life.

I have the utmost respect for the job that our emergency services carry out, without fuss, on a daily basis.

Having had the great good fortune to experience serving the East Anglian Air Ambulance, I would like to finally say thank you to the community who fund, support and keep the air ambulance flying.

As I hang up my flight suit, I am proud to have served with such an incredible team of people, who save lives across the region every day."

In the letter, the Duke of Cambridge said his two years in the role had exposed him to ‘moments of extreme emotion’, and promised to continue to support emergency services staff after his time with the charity was up.

He also expressed his pride at serving with “such an incredible team of people”.

He first flew for the charity in July 2015, working from its base at Cambridge Airport.

He worked a four day on, four day off rota, with his call outs often attracting attention.

He announced he would be leaving the role in January of this year and his last shift will take place tonight, July 27." <<

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/prince-william-writes-letter-thanking-colleagues-as-he-leaves-east-anglian-air-ambulance-1-5123315
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:26:08 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2017, 08:38:16 pm »

He missed hours so he did not really keep to the schedule.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2017, 09:21:29 pm »

He worked a four day on, four day off rota, with his call outs often attracting attention.

Yeah, sure; he wasn't even living in Wales for long stretches and frankly he was sometimes away on tour even right after his marriage. He didn't want to live on base and if he did, he should have put his foot down and ordered his wife to live there even if she didn't like it. I do believe that if he had, he would have in fact ended up actually fulfilling his duties and being an active officer.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #307 on: July 27, 2017, 10:48:07 pm »

It's already well known that Billy is not, and never has been qualified to fly solo.
After the engagement was announced, does anyone remember Mike Middleton's soundbite to the press about Billy landing his helicopter in their garden to surprise Kate?  sly

Yeah, never happened.

I haven't played since I stopped
deGuernsey
Baroness

Failte

« Reply #308 on: July 27, 2017, 10:59:01 pm »

^ Didn't the military try to defend it? It didn't happen, really? And Mike M made it up? Shocked What elae did the scumbag make up? Goes to show he is just as guilty as the rest of them. He just seems to try to hide deeper whilst in plain sight. thumbsdown  Thanks for the info.

Do you have the clip to the soundbite? eating cookies

Barnabe et Kitty...
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #309 on: July 27, 2017, 11:12:25 pm »

No, but there's this:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-560834/Prince-Williams-30K-stunt-lands-RAF-helicopter-Kates-garden.html

Tell me how this is possible when he was never qualified to fly solo, unless he had someone else do it?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:15:13 pm by Sheridan_is_appalled » Logged

I haven't played since I stopped
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #310 on: July 27, 2017, 11:28:52 pm »

Acting like that may have been cute if he were 15, but at 35 he should know how to behave.

I always assumed he was flying with someone when he landed in the Middleton garden.  dontknow
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #311 on: July 27, 2017, 11:46:24 pm »

I truly do hope that William ends up leaving for good and I believe that playtime should be fully over for him.

Him posing next to a stretcher was doltish and frankly that there and then told me he was a total fraud. As copilot his job is to remain in the cockpit, not interfere with the medics as they moved the patient inside. Then the other ones of him outside his cockpit and it was likely a sham from day one. 

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #312 on: July 27, 2017, 11:57:55 pm »

The heli landing did happen apparently, as according to this a spokesman for the Ministry of Defence made a statement about it. Apparently it wasn't the first time, according to this article as Willy used a helicopter to get to a party at Peter Phillip's place as well, and picked Harry up on the way. Willy did qualify to fly Chinooks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1896207/RAF-criticised-for-allowing-Prince-William-to-fly-Chinook-to-Kate-Middletons-house.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #313 on: July 28, 2017, 05:35:29 am »

I'm glad the fake job is over. The "donating" the salary attempts to make him look "heroic." "sacrificing" the salary appears to me very patronizing to those who live on that salary and support their families.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #314 on: July 28, 2017, 06:25:34 am »

The heli landing did happen apparently, as according to this a spokesman for the Ministry of Defence made a statement about it. Apparently it wasn't the first time, according to this article as Willy used a helicopter to get to a party at Peter Phillip's place as well, and picked Harry up on the way. Willy did qualify to fly Chinooks.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1896207/RAF-criticised-for-allowing-Prince-William-to-fly-Chinook-to-Kate-Middletons-house.html

It must drive those who actually serve in full WILD that William gets away with these antics.

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #315 on: July 28, 2017, 10:25:16 am »

^^ Yes, it is surprise from him to stop this fake job. He could been hardly seen there and people knew it.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #316 on: July 28, 2017, 12:38:38 pm »

Did we ever find out which "charity" he "donated" his salary to?  I donĀ“t recall ever hearing where it went  -  probably his own pocket.  Remidns me of Peter Phillips, standing down from managing the street party for HM 90th last year, then we read very .recently he made 750K from it. The whole family are greedy, grasping and rotten to the core, not just bill medd.

He was only ever at EAAA for photoshoots for pr, photographer and his you could not see his a$$ for dust.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:40:59 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #317 on: July 28, 2017, 03:31:25 pm »

It's already well known that Billy is not, and never has been qualified to fly solo.
After the engagement was announced, does anyone remember Mike Middleton's soundbite to the press about Billy landing his helicopter in their garden to surprise Kate?  sly

Yeah, never happened.

If this really happened, there was most definitely another pilot in the cockpit who was really doing the flying...
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #318 on: July 28, 2017, 03:33:24 pm »

I truly do hope that William ends up leaving for good and I believe that playtime should be fully over for him.

Him posing next to a stretcher was doltish and frankly that there and then told me he was a total fraud. As copilot his job is to remain in the cockpit, not interfere with the medics as they moved the patient inside. Then the other ones of him outside his cockpit and it was likely a sham from day one. 

I'm sure those pictures reside on many a dart board.
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #319 on: July 28, 2017, 03:41:08 pm »

He missed hours so he did not really keep to the schedule.

There are certain recency of experience requirements that have to continually be met in order to be "current and qualified" to act as a crew member.  So one of two possible scenarios could have occurred:

1.  He did the bare minimum, much less than a SAR line pilot's schedule, to meet those recency of experience requirements; or

2.  This air service somehow has a single pilot waiver in their ops specs that allow for a crew member to operate single pilot.  In this case, if Horsey Head de-qual'd, he could ride along with one of these guys for photo ops and literally just keep the seat warm.  In my mind, this scenario is very unlikely given the nature of these types of operations...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: