Royal Gossip
June 20, 2018, 08:54:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EU Referendum in the UK 2016  (Read 17066 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 10:34:08 pm »

^ Why are we not surprised.  From what is coming ut now the whole government appears to be built on lies, with HM on their side of course, it was said she was delighted to have hameron remain in No. 10  -  he does her bidding in many areas.  Talk about keep it in the family.  A rotten barrel of apples the lot of them.
Val
Princess

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 11:00:38 pm »

It's all coming out now - no hope for a fair and honest EU Referendum.  Hopefully it will at least make people more vigilant.

Incidentally this is an account of those missing ballot papers, says they were intended for Sussex. Highly dubious particularly as we never heard another thing about them.

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news/local/breaking-news-blank-eastbourne-election-ballot-papers-stolen-in-van-theft-1-6716437

After all who would want to steal ballot papers? I think they were printed for Thanet and all this is bluff and bluster.

marion
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 11:13:22 pm »

Agree all very suspicious and as you say Val, they're all in it together.  So much for democracy and the press is gagged on all sorts of issues.  It is great that, through the internet, so much is exposed, but if we can do anything about it i sometimes wish we were still,living in ignorant bliss, but then I think, to hell with the bastards, one day they will get their comeuppance and I feel on course to fight another day.  However long it takes and however  hard the struggle we must ensure right prevails in the end
marion
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 08:36:02 pm »

The migrants can't be sent BACK to Kent because they were never there in the first place. We in the UK, need  a strong border force to deal with these illegals. 
marion
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2016, 09:07:00 pm »

Willy wades into the EU referendum.  It really is time the RF kept out of politics.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3449484/Prince-William-gives-strong-signal-wants-Britain-STAY-EU.html
Val
Princess

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2016, 10:25:31 pm »

Willy really isn't very bright and now TPTB are saying his speech was 'misinterpreted'.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 06:20:17 pm »

^Oh yes, "misinterpreted" - I don´t think so, there was a hidden message in there and sadly for bill medd people were sharp enough to catch on.  He is bone idle and useless, who is he to be sticking his ugly beak into politics, the rf are not meant to do that, or so they keep telling us, even though they continue to stick their beaks into everything that they are not meant to.  Caught out, again, no change is there.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2016, 11:28:08 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/19/europe/britain-eu-talks/index.html

Cameron: We have a deal with the EU

(CNN)[Breaking news update, posted at 5:22 p.m. ET]

European Union leaders have reached a deal that will keep Britain in the organization, UK Prime Minister David Cameron announced at a press conference, saying he'll present the deal to Parliament on Saturday morning.

[Previous story, posted at 5:09 p.m. ET]

European Union leaders have reached a deal that will keep Britain in the EU, tweeted UK Prime Minister David Cameron and Donald Tusk, president of the European Council.

Cameron tweeted late Friday that the UK has gotten special status within the EU. "I have negotiated a deal to give the UK special status in the EU. I will be recommending it to Cabinet tomorrow. Press conference shortly," he said.

Tusk tweeted: "Deal. Unanimous support for new settlement for #UkinEE."

So, does it go to Parliament now?  I'm confused.  Thank you.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2016, 01:05:08 am »

^ You bet! The deal will be debated in Parliament and outside following the Cabinet meeting. Then, even with this deal signed and sealed, it will be up to the British people to decide in a referendum whether they want to stay or to leave the EU.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2016, 04:45:43 am »

^Thank you!  'Should be interesting to see the next developments. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Val
Princess

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2016, 06:18:38 am »

^

The trouble is that we in the UK don't trust Referendums and Elections any more as they appear to get rigged as did the Scottish one and the General Election.   It is well known that most British want out but there are many campaigns, selected interviews etc etc to make it appear that we want in.   As you say Yooper, it will be interesting - very.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2016, 06:51:30 pm »

You're so right Val, it will be rigged I'm sure
marion
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2016, 07:12:30 pm »

Not only has Cameron forbidden the #civil Service to draw up contingency plans if the "Outs" win but those campaigning to leave the EU will not  will not be able to draw on the support of departmental civil servants to do so, relying instead on their own politically-appointed special advisers, unlike those voting to stay in

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi15ZX5xonLAhWJuBQKHck6D7kQFggsMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.civilserviceworld.com%2Farticles%2Fnews%2Fgus-odonnell-civil-servants-will-be-mentally-working-brexit-plan&usg=AFQjCNE_65G-ghsyrnGHh1ydo1_r4oUPKQ
Val
Princess

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2016, 09:38:48 pm »

^

One sided as ever, what's new?
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2016, 11:48:12 am »

^
Great post and the truth of the matter is that the majority of the UK citizens want to leave.  They have however no faith in the voting system and fear that it will be rigged to remain in.   It is a well known fact here in the UK that General Election and Scottish Referendum were rigged.

Sorry but that just isn't true. I've never heard that apart from in here. The only vote rigging I've heard if was the postal votes for Asian labour candidates in (I think) Rochdale or Burnley.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2016, 11:50:04 am »

^ I do agree though that certainly the majority of people here in the north want to leave. Can't speak for the south.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2016, 01:09:25 pm »

Most in the south seem to want to leave  but fear the vote will be rigged.  In the last General #election 4 ballot boxes from Thanet constituency went missing for several hours and when they were found the seals had been tampered with. 
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2016, 01:47:18 pm »

The EU is the future with or without UK. Fifty years of peace and economic integration cannot be undone. The EU is not going to explode, it didnt during the economic crisis not even Greece decided to leave. There is too much to lose even to consider it.

IMO Uk will do a Scotland. People fear change and economically it will be quiet damaging to the country. Just now the pound is having the biggest fall since 2010.

Two cents from maybe the only proeuropean here  tehe

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Joanna
courtier

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2016, 03:57:02 pm »

^ You're not the only proeuropean, I'm one too. My only concern is that we need a different EU, a more democratic one but I'm not sure on how that could be done. The inequality between member-states and the loss of soverignity is in my opinion apalling, it goes against the principles of the foundation of the EU. IMO the policies adopted so far have increased the differences between member-states, especiallu between the nations of the north and the south of Europe. EU as we know it is cracking because it seems that when it was decided that we should go from the EEC to the treaty of Lisbon, the only goal in mind was to establish the Euro and the Eurozone, they didn't care about implementing policies that would have made sure that the conditions for a stable and profitable economy existed. Now everybody is burying their heads in the sand.
 I believe that if the Brexit goes through the EU will have lots of trouble to deal with. I'm sure that UK could survive without the EU but for the EU it would be very difficult to mantain stability in that scenario.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2016, 05:14:52 pm »

What I know about Brexit and the EU vs the pound you could put on the head of a pin but I have on interesting insight.  Our new rector in La Jolla, California is from London.  Keep in mind that La Jolla or S. California, next to Hawaii and New York City is probably one of the most expensive places to live in the USA.  I asked him what really drew him from his church in London and he said, "It's nice to be able to afford to live reasonably.  We could actually buy a home here."

And, trust me, our church doesn't pay that much of a salary nor provide that much for our rectors.  Nice house but inland and a two bedroom affair.  Nothing ostentatious.  We can't.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: