Royal Gossip
October 22, 2017, 03:56:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Presidential Election Tuesday, November 8, 2016  (Read 36345 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 11:59:02 pm »

The New Hampshire Primary is today and here is how it works and it's completely different than the mess that was Iowa:

The New Hampshire primary is Tuesday – and don’t worry, this should be easier to follow than last week’s Iowa caucuses.

Unlike a caucus, a primary is a more straightforward process where voters simply show up and vote. But there are some distinctions in the Granite State.

The New Hampshire primary is considered what is known as “semi-closed,” meaning registered members of each party can vote in their respective primaries – but independents can too. That means anyone registered as undeclared in New Hampshire can essentially affiliate with a party at the polling location, and then vote in that primary.

They are the largest voting bloc in New Hampshire, and a big part of why the Granite State primary can be so hard to predict.

The voting, meanwhile, begins after midnight Tuesday and mostly wraps up by 7 p.m. ET, though some precincts continue voting for another hour.

So, within another hour or so we should have some strong preliminary results.  In short, this Primary is highly interesting because the "unknowns" or independent/undecided are in the majority so...time will tell. 

It's a good barometer, however, and most look to NH for an early indication although, again, with this election, I don't think anybody can really predict anything but historically, this has been the case.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 02:14:31 am »

Early results but, Wow:

Democrats

Bernie Sanders:  56%
Hillary Clinton:  42%

Republicans

Donald Trump:  34%
Kasich (!):  15%
Cruz:   12%
Jeb Bush:  12%
Marc Rubio:  10%
Chris Christie:  8%
Carly Fiorina:  4%
Ben Carson:  2%

Bad bad bad night for Hillary.    And Bill is still doing his half-dead standup routine, I see.  What an election.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 02:15:03 am »

Victory for Trump! The Donald wins in New Hampshire with a third of the vote in early counting - as Kasich takes second place

With about 22 per cent of the votes counted in the Granite State, Trump led the field at 34 per cent of the total vote
John Kasich, the Ohio governor who made a late surge, was sitting in second place at 16 per cent
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush held in a tie for third place with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, at 11.6 per cent
Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton was bested by Bernie Sanders, who swept to victory on the Democratic side

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3439859/Trump-claims-victory-New-Hampshire-vote-early-counting.html#ixzz3zj9q2Ez5

Go Trump!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 03:05:50 am »

^ This is a very bad look for Hillary, who seems to have been struggling forever to get momentum. I'm glad Sanders is doing well. If Trump wins here it will be a blow to the elders of the GOP, one would think. Interesting times, but we must await the full results I guess.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 04:18:54 am »

I think Hillary is toast and won't get the nomination; it would sink the Democrats and with her record and alleged crimes, she's dead-weight. I think Trump has a chance and I believe that Sanders is going to lose the election if nominated. The Dems aren't offering much by way of prime candidates. As for Trump, he's younger than the GOP elders and I believe he has the vigor to get the job done for once.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 06:17:10 pm »

^I think Sanders might get the nomination, but don't really see him winning... He is much too left wing for this country, IMO. I have heard talk that Bloomberg might get in the race if Sanders and Trump look to be the likely nominees. That would prove an interesting twist.. All this would be much more entertaining and amusing if so much wasn't at stake. nervous nervous

Much as I fear a Sanders' presidency, I would be glad to see he and Trump as the nominees, simply because they are NOT championed/wanted by the establishment and the media. Those two institutions want the populace of this country to be easily controlled and led to do as the 'powers that be' want us to do.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/08/politics/michael-bloomberg-2016-election/

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJpAbUk6JnjqKCAp97wTfU-sPEPluOxvyfflkqjw0cXoA94h2a9Q
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 07:23:26 pm »

^Bloomberg concerns me.  He has a snow ball's chance in Hades of winning and would just muck things up for both parties at this point so he would end up being highly reviled by both parties as well as NY citizens themselves.  We'll see.  He's got just a few weeks to make up his mind.  March something is the deadline and nobody outside of the east coast really knows the guy.  Former Mayor of NYC and a screaming Democrat, anti-gun to the max which may help but other than that, I dunno.  So, running as a moderate is kind of a joke.

S. Carolina primary should be interesting.  Again, they do it differently.  The Republicans have their primary on February 20, the Dems on Feb 27.  I think Trump has that one nailed, maybe.  Not so sure about Hillary there, either, so she may take two hits in a row.  Nevada, which follows after, I know very little about but considering how many people work for Trump in Las Vegas he may have an edge.  It's fascinating to me to see just how wrong the media has read this election and those who are supporting which candidate. 

For a long time they've classified the young people going for Clinton and that hasn't been true at all in reality and that all the idiots would go for Trump and that hasn't been true.  I'm surprised how many broad spectrum people are supporting Trump.  And the Latino community in particular.  Here's their logic:  "We came here, became citizens, are working and did all the right things.  We escaped to get away from the very people Trump is trying to keep out and don't want to go broke supporting illegals.  We don't want that trash in our new lives, too."  Didn't see that one coming and the media sure didn't.

Rubio may be a dark horse.  Not sure yet.  Kasich?  This was a one hit wonder, I think.  And Cruz?  People don't like him or his face so not sure. 

VERY interesting, if exhausting, election year.  Never seen such a colossal departure from the established criteria in my lifetime and high time it happened.  Even in the debates, the politicians wasted so much time going over nit picky issues in bills and so forth and those outside the beltway (Wash, DC) actually got down and dirty with what people are frustrated with which is the politicians themselves.  Huge turnouts, tho, and that's super great.

Super Tuesday is the date to watch.  It is the next single most important prep day for the elections and where a lot of states have their primaries all at once.  Here's the info for those who may not know anything about it:

Super Tuesday in the 2016 election cycle is scheduled to be held on March 1, 2016.

The participating states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado caucuses, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota caucuses, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming Republican caucuses.[5]

Waaay down the road, California, I believe, is going to be the main battleground.  Last I checked, it was heavily for Hillary/Trump right down the middle. 

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 04:07:23 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3442065/Donors-urge-Clinton-sharpen-message-ahead-debate-Sanders.html

I like the comment ". . . her career has been the result of her marriage and not her achievements . . ."    So true.   She has ridden coattails and expected to be handed positions.   She cannot believe it is all falling down around her ears and she knows this is it.  There are no more campaigns for her. 

I think BO wants Biden to jump in.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 05:27:53 am »

Hillary won't make it; her charity is being subpoenaed and she's going to likely lose the nomination and end up in prison. I do think she's past her peak time and people are sick of the same old, Clintons and Bushes (thank God!) and they're tired of the political parties choosing the president instead of the people.

^Bloomberg concerns me.  He has a snow ball's chance in Hades of winning and would just muck things up for both parties at this point so he would end up being highly reviled by both parties as well as NY citizens themselves.  We'll see.  He's got just a few weeks to make up his mind.  March something is the deadline and nobody outside of the east coast really knows the guy.  Former Mayor of NYC and a screaming Democrat, anti-gun to the max which may help but other than that, I dunno.  So, running as a moderate is kind of a joke.

S. Carolina primary should be interesting.  Again, they do it differently.  The Republicans have their primary on February 20, the Dems on Feb 27.  I think Trump has that one nailed, maybe.  Not so sure about Hillary there, either, so she may take two hits in a row.  Nevada, which follows after, I know very little about but considering how many people work for Trump in Las Vegas he may have an edge.  It's fascinating to me to see just how wrong the media has read this election and those who are supporting which candidate. 

For a long time they've classified the young people going for Clinton and that hasn't been true at all in reality and that all the idiots would go for Trump and that hasn't been true.  I'm surprised how many broad spectrum people are supporting Trump.  And the Latino community in particular.  Here's their logic:  "We came here, became citizens, are working and did all the right things.  We escaped to get away from the very people Trump is trying to keep out and don't want to go broke supporting illegals.  We don't want that trash in our new lives, too."  Didn't see that one coming and the media sure didn't.

Rubio may be a dark horse.  Not sure yet.  Kasich?  This was a one hit wonder, I think.  And Cruz?  People don't like him or his face so not sure. 

VERY interesting, if exhausting, election year.  Never seen such a colossal departure from the established criteria in my lifetime and high time it happened.  Even in the debates, the politicians wasted so much time going over nit picky issues in bills and so forth and those outside the beltway (Wash, DC) actually got down and dirty with what people are frustrated with which is the politicians themselves.  Huge turnouts, tho, and that's super great.

Super Tuesday is the date to watch.  It is the next single most important prep day for the elections and where a lot of states have their primaries all at once.  Here's the info for those who may not know anything about it:

Super Tuesday in the 2016 election cycle is scheduled to be held on March 1, 2016.

The participating states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado caucuses, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota caucuses, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming Republican caucuses.[5]

Waaay down the road, California, I believe, is going to be the main battleground.  Last I checked, it was heavily for Hillary/Trump right down the middle. 

I love every minute of this; we have so many varied candidates and Trump is outstripping them all. He's just what we need, an infusion of vigor and his wife is hot hot hot. I love how stylish and upfront she is and she'll be a refreshing injection of glamor. He's  the one wearing a cap that says "Make America Great Again" and Sanders might get the nomination, but not the presidency. Trump is the best chance since he understands business and his fortune is proof that he knows how to make things work right while making the right decisions.

Val
Princess

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2016, 06:52:55 am »

Here in the UK we are enjoying every minute of this and I personally hope Trump gets in.  A big thank you to our friends across the pond for their valuable and much appreciated insights.   flower
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 02:24:03 pm »

Trump as president? God help the world. The man throws a tantrum whenever he doesn't get what he wants, starting Twitter rants against people who criticize him. And as a CEO (and not a very good one, he had to declare bankruptcy on some of his projects in the past, leaving plenty of debtors with the losses) he isn't used to the workings of democracy.
As a CEO he has more power than a president has. As CEO he doesn't have a Congress that has to agree with him and approve of some of his appointments.

Trump will be the president for the top 1%, the people who want less government so it interferes less in their business of getting richer over the back of regular people (you think Flint is bad...wait and see what happens when the Koch Brothers get their way under a Trump-presidency). Now that might be all nice for the people who make more than 250K but frankly I never got the idea that any of us are part of that demographic.

As for 'making American great again'...what do you mean 'again'? The Dow Jones is 3 times higer than when Bush left office. The unemployment-rate is now lower than in November 2008. The US is more respected than it was in 2008. The deficit is going down again, the car-industry was saved. The biggest American foe was killed and unlike in 2008 the US doesn't have to receive dozens of deceased US troops from Iraq or Afghanistan.

As for the chances of Bernie Sanders...I think he does stand a chance. Both in Iowa and in Vermont he has been able to take the youth vote, even more so than Obama did in 2008 and 2012. And if he manages to draw them to the polls in November (after winning the nomination), I think he will give the Fox News hosts a nice little cardiac arrest. The meltdown of Karl Rove over Ohio back in 2012 will be NOTHING compared to the meltdown we will see then.

Anyway, I seriously doubt Trump will win the nomination. With less and less candidates in the GOP field the attacks on Trump from all sides will intensify and he won't survive that. Either because he has too many dead bodies in his closet or because he looses it himself over criticism he receives, which he can't stand.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 02:39:30 pm »

Here in the UK we are enjoying every minute of this and I personally hope Trump gets in.  A big thank you to our friends across the pond for their valuable and much appreciated insights.

I love how drama filled our elections are; every four years it's always some kind of drama and excitement.

Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 04:23:34 pm »

^^ You're joking right?huh!!!!!!!!    lols lols
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 04:54:43 pm »

No, I never joke about politics. Trump..that's the joke in this story.

But hey...if Americans are keen to have Trump as a president, be my guest. His decisions will impact your life more than mine. I will just have to look for a different vacation destination but there is plenty to choose from.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 05:12:30 pm »

Hillary won't make it; her charity is being subpoenaed and she's going to likely lose the nomination and end up in prison. I do think she's past her peak time and people are sick of the same old, Clintons and Bushes (thank God!) and they're tired of the political parties choosing the president instead of the people.

I love every minute of this; we have so many varied candidates and Trump is outstripping them all. He's just what we need, an infusion of vigor and his wife is hot hot hot. I love how stylish and upfront she is and she'll be a refreshing injection of glamor. He's  the one wearing a cap that says "Make America Great Again" and Sanders might get the nomination, but not the presidency. Trump is the best chance since he understands business and his fortune is proof that he knows how to make things work right while making the right decisions.

Indeed.  He has turned the establishment on its ear and they are in a tizzy on both the liberal and conservative sides.  He has set the issues for this campaign and everyone is struggling to keep up.   His critics can't lay a glove on him, and the people love him anyway, and he is savvy enough to use social media to get his message out.   Will he get the nomination?   Still to be determined.   Again, both liberal and conservative sides are gunning for him.  He has more pressure on him than any other candidate, ever, in my opinion.  But he is a New York City businessman, knows all their dirty tricks, has, as you said KF, such a vitality about him to see this through, and the American people are furious with their politicians (and the media) and are looking for a leader with b**ls.   
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2016, 05:23:24 pm »

^^Why do you think that the media/political establishment dislike Trump and devote so much airtime to negative stories (some of which are exaggerated or outright false)? Because he isn't their puppet. Both political parties fear Trump because he isn't afraid to speak out boldly and say things that politicians will NEVER admit to because they are consumed by always being politically correct.

Most Americans that I know are sick of that. People want someone who will say and do what needs to be said/done regardless of how popular it is. Those who think Obama has done that are in a very small, deluded group. This country is in danger of being lost forever to liberalism and socialism and I, and many others will vote Trump proudly and hope that it isn't too late for the American public to wake up and see that the politicians in DC have sold us up the river and that the country we have loved has indeed been radically transformed.

If you will no longer care to vacation here if Trump wins in November, fine by me, just don't let the door hit you on the way out... wopedo
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2016, 07:39:18 pm »

REMINDER to everyone:  Take it easy, easy with each other.  One thing that we treasure in the United States is our willingness to accept any point of view no matter whether we agree with it or not so I encourage everyone to be respectful of each other's pov as well as their country's.

I wills say this, though.  Unless you've lived under the Obama regime it is impossible to describe how it has affected you whether good or ill so be mindful of that towards any US citizens.  We welcome all input but it's one thing to look at it from the outside and another to live with it.

As for me, I can see why some people are heavily invested in this election.  Our/my country has been through 8 years of the most upheaval I've seen since the late 1960s.  Never before has there been such outright anger, frustration, division and loss of identity as during this recent administration.

In many ways, it needed shaking up, but it was shaken so fast that we're all kind of dealing with a dizziness that requires a time of grounding and balancing out.  You can't even have a Christmas tree in some grade schools now.  Nor the Easter Bunny because someone might be 'offended'.  Right now, the minority rules on far too many levels and that goes against our Constitutional law.

The ACA is hurting more of my friends financially now than helping.  The word 'racist' has lost its true meaning and become a platform for every kind of indulgence known to man.  Our national debt is approaching 20T.  The completely biased media has told one story but we, as Americans, live in another world than what they sell. 

So, I see a kind of revolution at hand.  We have high turnouts (yay!), major interest from all age groups and a groundswell of support for the values that we have long held dear that we all feel are being expunged one after the other. 

I don't know any one person who can fix this but it's truly an historic time in the US and very exciting to watch the People take charge and not the politicians nor their bought and paid for media stormtroopers.  Personally, I don't know if Trump will make it to the Presidency but if he doesn't, I hope they use him as a financial and Trade Master in the new administration at the very least.  Putting America First has to be a priority or we're sunk if our debt looms more out of control.  Absolutely sunk.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2016, 04:06:24 am »

Trump will be the president for the top 1%, the people who want less government so it interferes less in their business of getting richer over the back of regular people (you think Flint is bad...wait and see what happens when the Koch Brothers get their way under a Trump-presidency). Now that might be all nice for the people who make more than 250K but frankly I never got the idea that any of us are part of that demographic.

As for 'making American great again'...what do you mean 'again'? The Dow Jones is 3 times higer than when Bush left office. The unemployment-rate is now lower than in November 2008. The US is more respected than it was in 2008. The deficit is going down again, the car-industry was saved. The biggest American foe was killed and unlike in 2008 the US doesn't have to receive dozens of deceased US troops from Iraq or Afghanistan.

--The Koch Brothers are not supporting Trump and are actively working against him.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/conservative-koch-brothers-political-network-stumped-trump-n508296

--Many are concerned the Dow Jones is artificially high.

--The unemployment rate is not being accurately reported.  This is the reality of employment in the U.S. under the present administration.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/10/carrier-cuts-1400-indianapolis-jobs-moves-to-mexico/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/28/ahead-of-gop-debate-two-ex-disney-workers-displaced-by-h1b-foreigners-speak-out-for-first-time/

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/607700/mondelez-oreos-nabisco-chicago-mexico-plants

--There is evidence to the contrary that America is more respected.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rudolph-giuliani-barack-obama-foreign-respect/2015/06/02/id/648351/

--Deficit going down, a little, while debt under this administration soars.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/378009/budget-deficit-falling-stephen-moore

--Car industry saved, and leaving the country.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2246256/fords-compact-car-production-leaving-michigan-and-the-usa-can-you-guess-where-fords-going-instead/

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2016, 03:02:55 am »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/20/politics/republicans-south-carolina-primary-highlights/index.html

Tonight:  Trump takes S. Carolina Republican primary, Hillary Clinton wins Nevada, Jeb Bush suspends his campaign

CNN)Donald Trump has won the South Carolina Republican primary, a tremendous show of strength in the heart of the Deep South that validates his status as the GOP's national front-runner.

Trump's win, following his victory in New Hampshire earlier this month and a second-place finish in the Iowa caucuses, gives the former reality television star a critical burst of momentum heading into Nevada's Republican caucuses Tuesday and the slate of 13 states voting on Super Tuesday, March 1.

Latest numbers:

SC

Trump 32.6%
Rubio 22.4%
Cruz 22.3%

NV

Clinton 52.6%
Sanders 47.3%  (Not a huge comfortable lead for Hillary, really)

Dates ahead:  Feb 23 - Republican primary Nevada,  Feb 27 - Democrats South Carolina, March 1, Super Tuesday (huge deal breaker)

Full schedule:  http://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2016-presidential-primary-schedule-calendar/

Clinton wins Nevada

Earlier Saturday, Hillary Clinton won the Nevada Democratic caucuses, a crucial victory that could ease concerns about her ability to secure the party's nomination.

Clinton's win provides a jolt of momentum to the former secretary of state as she heads into the February 27 South Carolina Democratic primary and Super Tuesday.

Clinton faced a surprisingly spirited challenge in Nevada from Democratic rival Bernie Sanders. The two were in a virtual dead heat in recent days. A win by Sanders, who trounced Clinton in the New Hampshire primary, would have dealt Clinton a dramatic setback.

(CNN)Jeb Bush is suspending his campaign for the Republican nomination, he announced Saturday night.

Bush struggled for months to make inroads against Donald Trump, who constantly mocked the former Florida governor's "low energy" and for spending tens of millions of dollars on his campaign.

But it was Bush's disappointing finish in South Carolina, where his brother, former President George W. Bush, and mother, former first lady Barbara Bush, campaigned for him, that was the final straw.

Anybody hear?  Has Carson bowed out yet?

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2016, 05:09:51 am »

Prediction + or - spread for Super Tuesday:

Christopher Ingraham @_cingraham
 Super Tuesday:

AL Trump +23 (Alabama)
AK Trump +4 (Alaska - I think a higher spread here)
AR Cruz +4 (Arkansas)
GA Trump +9 (Georgia)
MA Trump +14 (Massachusetts - this surprises me)
MN Rubio +2 (Minnesota - this doesn't surprise me)
OK Trump +5 (Oklahoma)
TN Trump +4 (Tennessee)
TX Cruz +5 (Texas)
VT ?  (Vermont -NO surprise.  Voters don't pre-declare in this state)
VA Trump +6 (Virginia)

For those who don't know, Christopher Ingraham is a political heavyweight reporter from the Washington Post (WaPo).  A voice that is noteworthy for having a strong sense of political realities.  IF these predictions come true, Trump will be unstoppable for the nomination.  That's just how the numbers work and other candidates will then drop out after Super Tuesday.   What an historical election this is.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: