Royal Gossip
November 13, 2018, 11:18:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter storm hits U.S  (Read 1131 times)
karla64
Baroness

« on: February 03, 2011, 03:26:32 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1352438/Winter-storm-Millions-US-suffer-blackouts-blizzards-cripple-country.html

[
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 09:46:00 pm »

Hey ladies from the US
Yooper, KF, EA, Ella, Spooky, Scarlet, Karla, Alis volat propiis, Gwendolyn, Alley Cat, Benign, Lanvin and other that I might have forgotten
help winter Are you gal's ok?!   TCP baking cookies
Speak to us, this article sounds worrying! nervous

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 01:24:36 am »

Yes.  I am fine, Akasha. BFF2

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 01:38:17 am »

thanks for asking akasha but yes i am fine  Hi Hi  I'm from the Midwest so we got hit pretty hard...
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 03:03:15 am »

winter It's all good here across NY. We'd didn't get hit with the brunt of the storm, as expected. Just inconvenienced, that's all!  thankyou for asking!

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Ella
Countess

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 09:14:47 am »

DFW is much better now so I'm great!  Hi
It's like, 3 in the morning but I'm staying here through the weekend 'cause we got 3inches of snow and it's still falling!   :eyes:

I grew up here and to my memory, this is only the third time we've ever got real, measurable, sticking snow! But we're good, I had gone to the grocery for my parents on Monday, we're borrowing power from Mexico so no more rolling blackouts, and now I can actually try to build a snowman! thumbsup

Thank you for asking!

(Side note: If any of y'all know someone in town for the Super Bowl, they're probably fine, most hotels in the area weren't hit by blackouts or had generators)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: