Royal Gossip
September 24, 2017, 05:57:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II - 90th Birthday Celebrations  (Read 32970 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« on: January 15, 2016, 09:22:46 am »

Surprised HM gave authorisation for this  -  her grandson making money from an event to celebrate her 90th birthday. My, members of the rf definitely into money making in any way they can these days.

Charities attending Queen’s birthday party face £150 bill – even though it’s in their honour

The Patron’s Lunch, which will see 10,000 guests gather in the Mall in June, is being run by the monarch’s grandson Peter Phillips

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/charities-attending-queens-birthday-party-7182153#ICID=sharebar_facebook
Val
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 10:42:10 am »

^

It has always been said that his furniture company would have never taken off in the way it did if it wasn't for the Royal connection.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 11:18:54 am »

delete
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:21:01 am by meememe » Logged
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 11:22:24 am »

Val..the furniture company is from Viscount Linley, son of Princess Margaret and nephew of the Queen.

This is Peter Philip, son of Princess Anne.

As for the party. This morning I saw a short interview with him on BBC Breakfast and the hostess said: "150 pounds, that is quite a lot of money, what do people get in return" and he paused and twitched his mouth and then said: "It is a once in a lifetime event".

I got the idea that his first thought was...really? 150 pounds a lot of money? And as for the 'once in a lifetime event'...I can think of other ways to spend that money on once in a lifetime event. Anyway...if people are willing to spend that kind of money on a luncheon...be my guest.

However, if the Queen is really keen on her charities and their causes, she will ask the public to spend that money on donations to the charities instead of some silly luncheon in the streets of London.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 02:46:14 pm »

I (obviously) don't believe the 'Lizard people' stuff, but I am currently wondering if they are from this planet after the ridiculous details of this farcical arise licking spectacular are being released. £150? Supposedly a reward for charity volunteers, some of whom wouldn't be able to even afford £5. No doubt it'll be all the charity heads displaying their sickening obsequience. For a crappy massive security risk tea party with 9,999 other idiots. And one of the family organising it. No doubt he'll get a pat on the head and shiny pretend medal. I realise they're out of touch, but surely their PR could have picked up on this. This is a stunningly massive own goal.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 02:56:25 pm »

PR can give all the advice that they want, but the RF is the one that makes the final choice.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 03:53:41 pm »

^^^
C of H - thanks for correction.  I realised after I posted it but was out.   Much appreciated.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 04:12:17 pm »

Yes, the rf do get the final choice, so why has HM allowed this for anyone to do, let alone her own grandson.  Talk about ride the royal gravy train, they are all at it.  It should not have been authorised, let alone for her grandson.  He no doubt gets loads of perks having HM as his granny, why try to make even more money on the back of it, and she is as much to blame as him, she should have put her foot down and said no.  She is so weak and lily livered it is unbelievable.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 04:22:51 pm »

Guests will get an M&S food hamper, tea and Pimm’s.

Not liking this.  This means that any amount given for the event is also not tax-deductible.  Dodgy setup here that I'm really struggling to understand other than just plain greed.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 05:06:31 pm »

Peter Phillips says it's 'a little strange' having the Queen as his grandmother and admits he caused 'quite a bit of mayhem' with William and Harry during his childhood

Peter Phillips has spoken candidly about what it's like to have The Queen as his grandmother.

Appearing on ITV's Good Morning Britain, the 38-year-old son of Princess Anne and her first husband Captain Mark Phillips admitted that it is a 'little strange' but said his childhood was an extremely jubilant one.

Father-of-two Peter, who married Canadian Autumn Kelly in 2008, appeared on the breakfast programme today to discuss Her Majesty's forthcoming 90th birthday celebrations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3400960/Peter-Phillips-says-little-strange-having-Queen-grandmother.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
marion
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 05:10:58 pm »

The RF are a money grubbing disgraceful waste of space
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 06:52:36 pm »

Peter Phillips says it's 'a little strange' having the Queen as his grandmother and admits he caused 'quite a bit of mayhem' with William and Harry during his childhood

Peter Phillips has spoken candidly about what it's like to have The Queen as his grandmother.

Appearing on ITV's Good Morning Britain, the 38-year-old son of Princess Anne and her first husband Captain Mark Phillips admitted that it is a 'little strange' but said his childhood was an extremely jubilant one.

Father-of-two Peter, who married Canadian Autumn Kelly in 2008, appeared on the breakfast programme today to discuss Her Majesty's forthcoming 90th birthday celebrations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3400960/Peter-Phillips-says-little-strange-having-Queen-grandmother.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

It's always the same:

"My grandmother works harder than most her age
It's weird having HM for a grandmother
I don't benefit at all from having grandmother be the queen"

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 01:11:32 am »

The weird bit is that even at his age he probably doesn't think that most opportunities he gets is because of his family. Tit.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 04:43:42 am »

Queen's grandson plans his gran's 90th birthday celebrations
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NJXayhPObaw&ebc=ANyPxKrfWkurknwKgnrjVbpHUsBoq0JJ-rl9boGTsx1LLL_7_12HPvNJvwwDdvyLXhlg5sBlPz2i

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 10:46:30 am »

Found this on FB  -  makes some good points.  Hope the link works, it does for me.

https://www.facebook.com/PigGateuk/videos/498907190280473/
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 04:21:29 pm »

Queen turns 90: Happy birthday to me! Cough up, plebs - Fleet Street Fox - Mirror Online
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/queen-turns-90-happy-birthday-7185419

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 04:28:18 pm »

Well, this is a fine mess ^ and ^^ and so on.  HM had better step in and fix this...stat.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 04:51:53 pm »

She doesn't seem to stop anything these days unless it suits her.  Pretty obvious the grandson is making money out of it, wouldn't be doing it otherwise.

Another article about it

It's my birthday soon, so I'd like to throw a party for all my favourite people.

I intend to do this by closing off the road, irritating my neighbours, selling tickets, and avoiding having to talk to anyone by watching it all from 50ft up in a big box specially built outside my house.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/queen-turns-90-happy-birthday-7185419
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:54:33 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2016, 07:14:42 pm »

This topic was discussed on the Wright Stuff on Friday 15th Jan. The main issue was whether charities should be charged £150.00

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-wright-stuff/episodes
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 12:15:31 am »

150 for a food hamper, but they only mention some of the sponsors contributing "goodies" to it, not what food people are actually getting. And you're supposed to share a hamper without knowing how much food they'll be providing. What a ripoff

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/church-attendances-are-in-decline-as-people-fill-the-void-with-outpourings-of-grief-a6816896.html

http://www.theweek.co.uk/68601/charities-invited-to-queens-birthday-picnic-but-told-to-pay-150-per-ticket
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: