Royal Gossip
April 23, 2019, 05:34:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William: Press Articles & Random Chat 2016  (Read 50877 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #480 on: November 09, 2016, 01:19:42 am »

Wills is 'drifting away' say friends after the Duke of Cambridge misses another of his close friend's weddings, writes SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE
The Duchess of Cambridge’s absence from a string of social events last year left some friends bemused.
Now they have reason to be even more bewildered, as I hear that Kate and William failed to attend the wedding last weekend of one of the Prince’s closest chums, Oliver Hicks.
Adventurer Olly, 34, tied the knot with Rose Kingscote — who works for Sir Richard Branson’s space programme, Virgin Galactic — at a ceremony in Somerset where the congregation read like a reunion of Royal Wedding guests because so many of William’s closest friends were present.
Princess Charlotte’s godfathers James Meade and Thomas Van Straubenzee helped create a ‘guard of honour’ using rowing oars as the couple left the church in Kingston St Mary.
‘Court jester’ Guy Pelly and Charlie Morshead, who was once spotted taking Kate to Mahiki nightclub in London’s Mayfair, were among the other royal pals who held up oars.
‘It was a real surprise that William and Kate were not there,’ says one of those present at the ceremony on Saturday.
‘William does seem to be drifting away from his old friends.’
At the age of 23, Olly became the youngest person to row solo from America to Britain in 2005, when he was greeted by William on the quayside at Falmouth, Cornwall.
Solicitor’s son Olly, a former pupil at £37,350-a-year Harrow School, met the Old Etonian Prince through a mutual friend several years earlier.
‘One of my best friends was at Eton,’ Olly said at the time.
‘He is a great friend of Willy’s. We had holidays together, things like that.’ Kate hit the headlines last year when she and William missed the wedding of the Prince’s friends, estate agent Bear Maclean and socialite Daisy Dickson, in Devon.
The hosts on that occasion appeared to have been informed so late that Kate’s name was still on the seating plan at the reception, according to a wedding guest. But William turned up with his sister-in-law, Pippa Middleton. William and Kate attended dozens of weddings in the run-up to their own nuptials in 2011, but Kate went to none in the two years after the ceremony at Westminster Abbey.
Royal watchers noted that William had been to at least five weddings on his own.
A Kensington Palace spokesman declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3918582/Wills-drifting-away-say-friends-Duke-Cambridge-misses-close-friend-s-weddings-writes-SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE.html#ixzz4PTBt4Lwg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
 eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #481 on: November 13, 2016, 04:44:42 am »

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Phasing out the Fogles! Prince William distances himself from Ben Fogle and his wife
They have been friends for five years but now I hear whispers that Prince William is ‘phasing out’ Ben Fogle and his wife Marina.
Royal insiders tell me William fears TV presenter and adventurer Fogle, 43, is too often encouraged to talk about him in public and thinks it’s best to put some distance between them.
They are not thought to have seen each other since September. 
Marina had grown close to Kate after their children shared play dates, but they too have seen little of each other of late.
‘William feels his name crops up in Ben’s media appearances too often to be tasteful,’ says my source.
‘Ben is being kept at arm’s length for now.’
That’s him off the Christmas card list then!
quote]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3930926/GIRL-TOWN-Phasing-Fogles-Prince-William-distances-Ben-Fogle-wife.html#ixzz4PrQTgYWQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook[/b]

Keep Calm and Carry On
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #482 on: November 13, 2016, 06:34:37 am »

^^, ^ Omg, Waity removes everybody near Willy and William The Weak obeys.  bored3

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #483 on: November 13, 2016, 04:53:57 pm »

Classic abuser behavior. Cutting him off from his support system and certainly, isolating him from those who see right through her.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #484 on: November 13, 2016, 04:56:23 pm »

Sounds like a bs reason, it's not like Fogle is all the time in the media and talks about Bill as he makes it out to be. We have other epople who use him much much worse, but I don't see those people cut off or reprimanded. Must be sth else.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #485 on: November 14, 2016, 10:08:59 am »

Willy goes to weddings alone or not at all. I think Waity is behind it but Willy is paranoid.

Val
Princess

« Reply #486 on: November 14, 2016, 10:57:39 am »

^^

Check Members section, Possible Surrogacy thread.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #487 on: November 14, 2016, 10:49:19 pm »

^ Thank you Val, I saw that and agree  thumbsup It's only the inofficially official reason given is so dumb, that even others who don't keep a close-ish eye on the Cambs should notice that soemthing's way off...  shifty
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #488 on: November 20, 2016, 11:44:34 pm »

You know, when William comments about how his kids are annoyances, it reminds me of how a lot of teen kids feel when they end up being teen parents. The teen mom prefers to go out and have a good time, while the 'dad' moans about having to do this or that for the kid all the time. He's always moaning about this or that and Kate must like to pretend they don't exist. Both a leading pointless lives, but William seems to miss being able to do what he wants, when he wants and he seems to view life as passing him by when he should be mature enough to admit he chose his life.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #489 on: November 21, 2016, 12:40:13 am »

Yes, it is hard to not do what you want, when you want, but that is part of being an adult. We can't always have our way. Most people learn that at a younger age, even if they don't have kids in their teens, but PW has a lot of money and never really had a real job (his military "career" was more photo op than anything else). His hardest "work" was probably university, but even during those years he partied pretty hard from what I heard. I think fatherhood is going to be a good lesson in selflessness for PW. Although he really should complain less, it doesn't look good.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #490 on: November 21, 2016, 02:07:30 am »

Thing is, he's never matured emotionally or mentally. Boozing your brain isn't a way to grow up and grow out of childhood. He never did appearances unless he HAD to with no other way out and I think it was the biggest mistake in the world to let him hide from life. If he had been put on a routine of making appearances and doing charity work, real charity work in England/Scotland/Ireland, I am certain he would have been so used to it that he would have in fact become leery of Kate the minute she tried to move in with him and would have fended her off and told her to bug off. At this point in time, the time of exploration and fresh starts are over and frankly he sounds like a teen dad who wishes he could party like his friends.

While his friends are getting married and having kids, they have more of a social life, more of a life filled with adventure, while he's stuck with an emotionally immature 'wife' who wants her parents to do everything while she parties and plays around and he mooches off of his parents. I do think a few in his life failed him, but he chose to throw his life away. The worst part about his choices is that it has been all one big waste. His twneties could have been filled with so much glory, enjoying the best education, enjoying the best travel, most exciting causes, meeting and mingling with his people, and basically having, literally having, IT ALL. He blew it all on his own though, he had a free ride and blew it big time.

Sophie
courtier

« Reply #491 on: November 21, 2016, 08:33:51 pm »

^ it makes me wonder who, if anyone, has guided him (or tried to).
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #492 on: November 21, 2016, 09:18:35 pm »

Homeless Helpline Christmas Appeal: Prince William's plea to Londoners to help young homeless
The Duke of Cambridge today joins us in telling Evening Standard readers they have “the chance to save young lives” in a letter marking the start of our Christmas Appeal.

We are partnering with Centrepoint, the youth homeless charity of which Prince William is patron, to launch a helpline for 16 to 25-year-olds who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.

As the charity warns that 25,000 young people could be at risk this Christmas, we echo William’s call that we must help “our most vulnerable young people”.

The money raised will do vital work by launching the Centrepoint Young and Homeless Helpline, the first such service to deliver essential information to desperate young people in London and beyond.
http://www.standard.co.uk/homelesshelpline/homeless-helpline-prince-williams-message-over-vulnerable-young-people-as-we-launch-centrepoint-a3400436.html
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #493 on: November 21, 2016, 09:45:05 pm »

^This is an appalling pandemic and I applaud anyone who is helping the homeless, young and old, during this season or any time of the year.  Major kudos to the good people who work on the Helpline.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #494 on: November 21, 2016, 10:47:02 pm »

I want Wimpo to follow up on this and make it his first priority.
Now this ONE time Wimpo is actually in a position to do something and change things.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #495 on: November 22, 2016, 12:41:03 am »

Yes, this will help a lot of people. I think it's important to help people of all ages, not just young adult homeless people. But one step at a time. Get people food, water and shelter. Give them education and skills so they can find jobs and eventually earn enough money to rent or buy a home.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #496 on: November 22, 2016, 01:09:31 am »

William had better be ready to really dig in and make this something solid. Not just pontificate, but really work at and dedicate himself to. If he has the ability to knuckle down, great, but if this is just another 'fix' for his addiction to drama, I am certain that he'll just look like a dilettante.

Sophie
courtier

« Reply #497 on: November 22, 2016, 04:02:27 pm »

Oh come on now, he has already struggled enough transitioning from an independent single man to husband and father of two!  Give the man a break.  Shocked
sandy
Princess

« Reply #498 on: November 22, 2016, 04:51:12 pm »

And oh the struggles with George being Mischievous. What's a prince to do!?
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #499 on: November 23, 2016, 08:11:00 am »

^ Oh yeah, what else? bored3

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: