Royal Gossip
July 20, 2017, 07:42:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke of Cambridge Engagements 2016  (Read 12581 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2016, 01:06:52 am »

This might have escaped William's notice, but there is a collapsing economy, ISIS is on the march, a horrific refugee problem, and a deluge is about to be unleashed if Trump and Co. can't pull the US together. Right now, hipster hippos are not a main priority.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2016, 10:52:50 am »

All of those issues are political issues and as a result William isn't allowed to say anything or do anything that relates to them.

The BRF aren't allowed to get involved in political matters at all and so the issues you mention are simply outside his remit. He is allowed to get involved in conservation as that isn't a political matter and he is following a family tradition as his grandfather - Prince Philip - was heavily involved in the World Wildlife Fund.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2016, 01:55:27 pm »

An argument can be made that conservationism is indeed a political issue.  While I applaud PW's efforts, it is imperative that he keep his focus on bringing awareness to those organizations who actively work towards conservation or environmental concerns and to use his influence to also raise monies for various causes but causes that are already working, along with the scientific, zoological and ecological community.  The line needs to be drawn, however, if a particular country's policies, and they are political (public land rights vs personal land rights, trade), are directly confronted by a member of the royal family.  PP was always careful to make it clear that his objectives were his opinion and that he supported those who were aware of the plight of endangered animals.  PW is, in my view, stepping a bit over the line in calling his own country to task for not being more strident in making this or that illegal.

It's a delicate dance but it is, at least in the US, a political platform, and issue.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2016, 06:49:52 pm »

I'm not saying he should get political, just be a lot more involved with his own people and make sure that charity money gets to those in need instead of being wasted on bureaucracy. That would be a lot more effective than worrying about endangered tapeworms.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2016, 07:20:58 pm »

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
William wants his kids to be unmaterialistic and 'more simple' in their approach to life (well meaning but not entirely realistic, I'd say).

William says he 'adores' his children but admits that although he's a sweet boy #PrinceGeorge can be a 'right little rascal sometimes'

William says he didn't find transition from 'single, independent man' to a father easy but said Kate was an amazing mother & fantastic wife

Hugely candid interview with #PrinceWilliam in Vietnam: admits he has 'struggled' as a parent.

Prince William admits he's 'struggled' with parenthood

Prince William has admitted that he has 'struggled' with parenthood and that being a father has made him more emotional.

The Duke of Cambridge revealed his softer side during a candid interview with Talk Vietnam, a popular English-language chat show.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3950762/Prince-William-admits-s-struggled-parenthood-says-father-emotional-appears-Vietnamese-chat-show.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Sophie
courtier

« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2016, 07:31:21 pm »

'I would like them to grow up with more simple aspirations. I think there's a lot of huge aspirations and people living with an enormous amount of stuff that they don't necessarily need.
'The materialism of the world I find quite tricky"

That strikes me as hugely disingenuous and just a little judgy. 
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2016, 07:34:41 pm »

^^This should play well with the truly struggling parents working three jobs, or the single parent barely making ends meet, or, well, just about anybody else on earth.  Does he ever stop whining about his privileged life?  thumbsdown

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2016, 07:48:28 pm »

I do think he has no clue just how the mind of his wife works; he marries someone who seems down to earth (despite all the red flags) and thinks that now that he's married and titled, it entitles him to a grand life and he lives according to his title, not his actual abilities and talents. Easy for him to pontificate about materialism when he wants for nothing. Three kitchens and he shrieks about a materialistic world.

BostonLibby
royal watcher

« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2016, 11:06:41 pm »

Completely agree, KF.  Also, his wife and her family seem to see shopping as a hobby, which is definitely a path toward materialism, if she's not already a materialist.  His comments on wanting his children to have 'simple aspirations' is confusing at best.  George will be a King and Charlotte a princess.  It seems to me that neither role can be done well with having 'simple aspirations'.  IMO, it sounds like he's just saying what he thinks people want to hear.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2016, 11:31:23 pm »

Thing is, that William (I think) wants a more scaled back life, but his wife has very different ideas and he stupidly indulges her. He lets her fund her family out of royal coffers, he lets her refurbish their home all the time and frankly she's making him look weak.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2016, 12:51:22 am »

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
William wants his kids to be unmaterialistic and 'more simple' in their approach to life (well meaning but not entirely realistic, I'd say).

William says he 'adores' his children but admits that although he's a sweet boy #PrinceGeorge can be a 'right little rascal sometimes'

William says he didn't find transition from 'single, independent man' to a father easy but said Kate was an amazing mother & fantastic wife

Hugely candid interview with #PrinceWilliam in Vietnam: admits he has 'struggled' as a parent.

Prince William admits he's 'struggled' with parenthood

Prince William has admitted that he has 'struggled' with parenthood and that being a father has made him more emotional.

The Duke of Cambridge revealed his softer side during a candid interview with Talk Vietnam, a popular English-language chat show.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3950762/Prince-William-admits-s-struggled-parenthood-says-father-emotional-appears-Vietnamese-chat-show.html

William needs to avoid these public remarks about his children.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2016, 08:56:44 am »

^ He should.  stop Anyway this article is for PR.  bored3

Sophie
courtier

« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2016, 08:39:48 pm »

He is so ham-handed when it comes to expressing himself.  Nine times out of ten, he makes some sort of mistake, or talks badly about the children, or is offensive in some way.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2016, 08:50:55 pm »

His talking about George out of turn like that is so unattractive; I wish he'd stop that.  For his son's sake if nothing else.  I think he thinks it makes him seem like "one of us" when no parent who loves their children would do that.  Not this often. 

Sophie
courtier

« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2016, 10:01:08 pm »

Wouldn't be refreshing and lovely if he said something about them that shows how much he loves them?!
Joanna
gossip insider

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2016, 11:20:37 pm »

^ Yes, it would be. Some positive comment without mentioning how they cry or how George is a rascal would be welcome.
I find it disheartening that he says he struggled with transitioning from being a single, independent man, these kind of comments don't sit well.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2016, 07:38:26 am »

^

He has always done exactly what he wants anyway.  The nannies and staff bring up the children so his home life isn't disrupted either.  If the children become troublesome they are just handed straight back.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2016, 12:09:59 pm »

It would be refreshing for me if he'd just do his job cheerfully and not use every opportunity to cry and moan about his personal life.  I've never heard HM do that other than the annus horribilis comment, which, frankly, was understandable.

Joanna
gossip insider

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2016, 03:03:51 pm »

^^ Yes, Val! I totally agree, that's why I said that these comments don't sit well with the people.
^  :worship:Yooper.
Sophie
courtier

« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2016, 08:30:20 pm »

^^ His behavior doesn't command respect.  It isn't becoming of a future king.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: