Royal Gossip
June 29, 2017, 01:36:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ken Wharfe: William is sly and spoiled  (Read 2526 times)
Stephanie
Princess

« on: December 19, 2015, 06:16:43 pm »

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/adam-helliker/626197/Princess-Diana-former-bodyguard-Ken-Wharfe-rejects-Royals loveshower
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 07:55:56 pm »

In fairness to William, Ken Wharfe should shut the heck up and move on. He's no longer Diana's bodyguard, hasn't been since before she died, and frankly I think it's irritating that William is still tarred with who he was as a kid and these past staff members don't know when to shut up and move on.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 08:21:48 pm »

He's not wrong and sounds like soundbites from this very Forum:

Wharfe, 68, who wrote a best-selling book, Closely Guarded Secret, about his time with Scotland Yard’s royal protection unit, fears that the image of some of the “more workshy, minor royals” may jeopardise the monarchy’s future.

“There’s a danger that unless the Family is seen to be achieving something then people like Corbyn and the republican movement will become every stronger.”

“People like Prince Andrew and the Duke of Kent should go. Ultimately I see the British royals going the way of European monarchies, but I’m not certain that Prince Charles wants to slim the operation down that much.”

Not even William may be able to secure its future, says Wharfe, who now has little regard for the prince who he used to play with while William was growing up at Kensington Palace and Highgrove.

“He was always a sly little boy, and now he’s become arrogant and spoilt. I hear from people who work for William that he can be very difficult.

“I liked Harry better and I feel sorry for him because he was never really able to engage in his military career.

"But I think he’s the answer to the family’s longevity, and I bet if there was a vote on who should accede to the throne; the people would go for Harry.”

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 08:56:13 pm »

There may be some truth in his viewpoint, but the fact that he wrote a book about his former employer tarnishes his credibility for me.  He jumped on the Diana bandwagon for personal profit.   
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 09:31:50 pm »

^I get that but how else do we get an accurate man-on-the-ground pov?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 10:11:59 pm »

I am pleased he did write the book, and give us his viewpoint of how things were.  I do not see that it taints his credibility re telling the truth.  Might not do his street cred much good by badmouthing the people he worked with, but does not mean he is being untruthful, and in fact many have said similar, even some of the schools he went to, peer birthday parties etc.  A lot to support what he said and good to have his point of view.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 09:19:54 am »

I think it's good to read this book and knowing his viewpoint of how things were. It is the other side of the "truth" which is hidden from public.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 04:36:33 pm »

^
^^
^^^  I get what you are saying, and insider info is enlightening, but it's one thing for Diana to talk about her own life or for a housekeeper or valet to write remembrances of their time in royal service, and quite another thing for a man who is literally there to take a bullet for his charges, to write gossip.   That's just my personal moral code.   He could have given an interview.  But instead he wrote a book to make money.   
india
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 09:15:27 pm »

And what he has said is absolutely the truth. As a matter of fact, using the words "sly and spoiled" were probably being too kind.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 10:07:56 pm »

^Yup, absolutely the truth India.  Paul Daniels was asked to do magic at some ariso party, and one of the kids there was rude, obnoxious and a right little brat, and yes, it was bill medd.  They say the truth hurts, well good on Ken Wharfe for putting the truth out there is my view, and that of many others.
india
Princess

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 10:19:32 pm »

It would be nice if others came forward.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 05:25:24 am »

Truth or not, a bodyguard writing a book for nothing more than profit is himself "sly and slimy".   There were lots of other people telling about about the Wales marriage, and there were plenty of stories about William's willfulness from when he was a toddler.  Wharfe told us nothing we hadn't heard before or could see with our own eyes.

But, now, if Sophie's bodyguard wanted to spill the beans as to why she went beserk on the sidewalks of London five years ago, screeching at him like a fishwife, that could be amusing.  But, so far, he's been a professional . . . and Sophie was stripped of her bodyguards, so he was able to escape.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 05:30:37 am by Miss Hathaway » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 10:35:59 am »

^ Excellent post.

This guy has no right to pull stuff like this and I don't like how former staff don't just shut up already. It's irritating how this guy was included in documentaries about William and Kate and I'm sick of hearing about how willful William was as a kid. It's long past and frankly pathetic.

As for Sophie, when were her guards yanked?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 03:04:41 pm »

I understand the pov of street credibility and all of that but these people are not private citizens.  Therefore, they are not entitled to the same level of public privacy especially when they themselves manage the information so heavily about them with the media who are not given the same right to freely use investigative journalism.  If this guy is breaking some kind of muzzle law then it is for the Windsors to take him to task in court.  I don't see any signs of that yet, so he may be free from that.  It's an unknown.

For me, I believe the People have a right to know what truly is going on to be able to make a fair assessment if this is something that they feel is prudent to continue supporting.  Any other information is merely supposition.

But, I do know that I should read the book before making any kind of judgement call.  Right now, it's just blanket statements and clips from the book so my look at it is broad spectrum.  Over all, though, the BRF should not be immune to examination and publicly so.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 03:57:27 pm »

Wharfe breached an unwritten code of conduct.   

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1404762/Ex-bodyguards-Diana-book-breaks-police-code-of-silence.html

And, Kuei Fei, Sophie's bodyguard was removed a few months after she abused him in public.  But so far, he has been a professional and said nothing, even though it would be highly amusing:

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/adam-helliker/283356/Sophie-upset-as-bodyguard-axed
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 04:06:37 pm »

^Legally, it's meaningless. 

It is not known whether Mr Wharfe signed the Official Secrets Act and as he retired on July 31, 2002, there is little action that can be taken against him.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 04:17:45 pm »

Sure, but morally, he's a weasel!!     royalguard
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 07:00:16 am »

Exactly; he's been interviewed, he's surely showing himself to be a complete and utterly shameless opportunist, and willing to talk for money.

Wharfe breached an unwritten code of conduct.   
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1404762/Ex-bodyguards-Diana-book-breaks-police-code-of-silence.html

And, Kuei Fei, Sophie's bodyguard was removed a few months after she abused him in public.  But so far, he has been a professional and said nothing, even though it would be highly amusing:
http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/adam-helliker/283356/Sophie-upset-as-bodyguard-axed

Of all the people who should keep their mouths shut, it should be retired security officers. I do believe that since they are privy to security, it makes me wonder if they would be able to be amply bribed to open their mouths in private, this time to someone who has murderous intentions. No matter how long a security officer has been retired, all it takes is a smart enough terrorist to learn the methods and possibly, through observation, deduce how things are done.

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 09:14:53 am »

What could have motived him doing it? Money or something else?  eating cookies

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 09:44:06 am »

It could just be he wanted the world to know that bill medd has never changed over the years, and that he was always a petulant, nasty bully boy, with everyone covering up for him. The tide is turning and people need to know what an unpleant, nasty bully he is.  If he made a bit of money out of it then so be it, selling info is done the world over.  He was not exactly giving out state secrets, he was telling us what a dreadful child he was, that info, ñand many of his group will know that info anyway. I personally can´t say I blame him for for it at all.  Bill medd is an adult now, he could have chosen to change his ways, I believe KW was letting us know that he had not changed, and obviously in that case does not want to.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: