Royal Gossip
August 21, 2017, 01:02:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 1019 times)
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« on: December 14, 2015, 07:46:12 am »

Just a few days for The Force Awakens.  loveshower Hopefully not a dissapointment like the prequels. Who else is going to see it?
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 03:45:09 pm »

My bf, I gotta work  bored3

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 03:48:18 pm »

I will wait until the hype disappears. But yeah hopefully it's better than the god awful prequels.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 09:01:14 pm »

The prequels were a disaster; first, it launched Natalie Portman into stardom (pretentious twit that she is) and it was pretty much all graphics and green screen. As for technology, ti was way too advanced for the time. During the real trilogy, the technology was very basic and solid but in the prequels, insanely advanced. Jar Jar destroyed it and it was all based on marketing to the kiddies. All around, a major disappointment. Cool fashions though.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 09:51:05 pm »

My son and I watched the first, original, Star Wars last night and it was fantastic.  I haven't seen it since I saw it in the theater.  The reviews on the Force Awakens are phenomenal so this could be, they say, the biggest selling/viewing movie of all time.  Time will tell.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 05:16:50 pm »

^ No, it won't ! The film was released yesterday in France (as in other countries in Europe it seems). Like everywhere else, the French reviews on official medias are rapture. Except they were forbidden to disclose any details of the plot, not to wreck the fans' surprise. Do you know why ?

Because it is roughly a 'Copy-Paste' of Episode IV ! I didn't see the movie, but read reviews by anonymous people. The moment when it is revealed who is hiding behind Kylo Ren's mask is ludicrous : everyone (adult) laughed in the theaters (at the expense of the writers, not Kylo Ren !). The soundtrack is fade. In short, it is just a movie aimed at kids and teens, with all the flaws it sounds. It is up to the extent fans regret the prelogy and consider it a masterpiece !

And @YooperModerator, don't rely on the (official) reviews ! They work exactly the same as the articles on the BRF, so you know what it means !
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 05:20:07 pm by Liquorice » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 08:38:15 pm »

^Well, thanks for the letdown.  Allow me to rephrase that.  It will be the biggest box office hit of all time.  You can't get tickets here for DAYS. 

For the true fans and I've read the Trekkie sites, they love it and that's cool.  Can't please everybody.  Hey, the critics and public gushed and loved Birdman and it stands, for me, as the worst movie I've ever suffered through.  I don't drink very often but in California they serve drinks at the theaters and this time? I drank.  My friend fell asleep 20 minutes in and id have walked out and demanded my money back but we had one person who loved it.  We don't discuss it.  MST3000 should watch it.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 09:07:02 pm »

^ I'm sorry if I hurt you. The thing is, Disney implemented a total plan of propaganda. To speak about Internet articles, well: the medias can't say anything about the plot, lately Disney gave them the idea of publishing articles about "How to avoid spoilers".  It was in Disney's interest not to reveal anything the script because... well... from the start it is obvious they copied Episode IV.

I don't know what will become of Star Wars in the Box Office. What is sure is reviews about the plot already hit IMDB. CBO said today Star Wars made the 4th best start ever in France... except that James Bond's Spectre did better. Apparently Disney doesn't want to release the figures.

Again I'm sorry if I disclosed these facts about the scenarios, but I highly suspect Star Wars' officials reviews were bribed, whether in France or in the USA.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 09:46:09 pm »

^A Spoiler Alert woulda been helpful because I've really avoided all hints at the plot and only read trusted sites but it's ok.  Somehow I'll live through it. 

My sons are huge fans so it's always been a standard in our home and will make a fun evening going to it at a real grown up theater with one of my boys who's coming with me to CA for NYE.  So...Fun!  Incidentally, in light of the recent terror attack in California, most theaters and huge events are being manned by the Special Ops and a friend of mine's husband is in the SO so he's going to be guarding the first night dressed in a custom-made Storm Trooper get-up.  Only in California...

Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 07:19:45 am »

^ I'm truly sorry. I was just warning you not to have too high  expectations because lots of fans seem to be disappointed. But it is a film fit for young people indeed, I think kids will excited by the new movie.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 10:43:49 am »

^Well, so far, everybody I know who's seen it here just loved it and they aren't kids.  Not little ones, anyway.  It's a hit.  I'm looking forward to it.  Sorry it didn't pan out for you.

Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 04:29:13 pm »

I'm not dissapointed in the movie. Yes I also noticed that a lot of events were from A New Hope, though I think it is a good way to introduce to the new story line. It isn't like ESB or RotJ, but it does have the Star Wars feel. I'm already looking forward to the next one. Hopefully I will get to see a few things of it when I attend Star Wars Celebrations in London.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: