Royal Gossip
October 20, 2017, 11:46:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big UK charities 'are spending less than half their income on good work  (Read 411 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« on: December 13, 2015, 05:16:12 pm »

Quite shocked to read this article, the worse one, top of the list is Lloyds REgister Foundation, whoever they might be, total income for last financial year was £1,062,537,000.  Average spending on charitable activied 1% = £14,490,000.  Shocking, where does the rest go.

One in five of the UK's biggest charities are 'spending less than half of their income on good causes' (and some spend as little as ONE PER CENT on charitable work)
Big UK charities 'are spending less than half their income on good work'
Nearly 300 allegedly spent just 10% on charitable activities in three years
And Lloyd's Register Foundation used only 1% of money on such causes
Other accused charities include the British Heart Foundation and Age UK
They have been branded 'utter disgrace' following release of new report
Many of the organisations have disputed the 'totally misleading' figures
By MAILONLINE REPORTER

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3357458/One-five-UK-s-biggest-charities-spending-half-public-donations-good-causes-spend-little-ONE-CENT-charitable-work.html
marion
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 07:04:03 pm »

The salaries they pay their executives is outrageous for  charities and they even get bonuses as well.  I know people who have worked for 3 of the biggest charities and the way they waste money is outrageous.  Their donations will plummet after this revelation, just like they did a few years ago when a similar story came out; the recent scandal of cold-calling and pressurising people (esp the elderly) to give hit them hard too.   
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 08:06:17 pm »

I think the era of charity organizations being big are going to go away and it'll be individualized and run a lot more effectively. If for example, the accounting dept is eliminated and handled by a bank, it would streamline a lot more and only a few charities are really run as they should.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: