Royal Gossip
March 21, 2019, 02:21:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Political News  (Read 36770 times)
marion
Duchess

« Reply #340 on: March 18, 2018, 04:04:22 am »

It's about time someone spoke out
Val
Princess

« Reply #341 on: March 20, 2018, 04:20:25 pm »

Many questions being asked everywhere about the convenience of the Salisbury poisonings.  An interesting comment in the DM today about May calling
a security meeting regarding Putin.  Have

Big Piglrim, Southampton, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Strange how Police Officers from Salisbury nick, have been sworn to silence, because none of them actually know the alleged Sgt. involved. Perhaps he was called in from a neighbouring force...

Val
Princess

« Reply #342 on: March 24, 2018, 02:27:59 pm »

From another forum

'May is just prevaricating, dissembling and lying to the British people.  The EU has no intention of letting us leave their evil empire and our waving goodbye will be in name only.  She's just carrying on with the selling-out which started with Heath.'
Val
Princess

« Reply #343 on: March 24, 2018, 02:40:25 pm »

- and another

May is playing with fire if she takes on our Armed Forces who are completely and utterly p-----d off with the way in which they have been treated by successive Governments.  Maimed and badly injured veterans have to fight to get any kind of disability benefits, whilst May has let men who fought for ISIS back into the country.  She is allegedly a determined Remainer who hides her ambition, her vanity and her treachery behind her oh-so-Christian exterior.   Everyone saying that there is much Remain pillow talk between her and hubby Philip.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #344 on: March 24, 2018, 04:12:26 pm »

Re the armed forces, it's all so obvious now. The running down of the troops, no ships, opening them up to degrading trials on human righst grounds when they used to have crown immunity and the relentless PC nonsense. it was to get them to such a state TPTB would turn around and say we can't afford to keep this up we need to join forces with the EU. And then Vote Leave happened and scuppered it all.

Dear God what have we come to?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #345 on: April 02, 2018, 12:35:37 am »

Is this noticeable and true?  I’m shocked, tbh. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/london-murder-rate-beats-new-york-as-stabbings-surge-f59w0xqs0

London overtook New York in murders for the first time in modern history in February as the capital endured a dramatic surge in knife crime.

Fifteen people were murdered in the capital, against 14 in New York. Both cities have almost exactly the same population.

London murders for March are also likely to exceed or equal New York’s. By late last night there had been 22 killings in the capital, according to the Metropolitan police, against 21 in the US city.

Eight Londoners were murdered between March 14 and March 20 alone and the total number of London murders, even excluding victims of terrorism, has risen by 38% since 2014.

This morning, another person became a victim. A 20-year-old man was stabbed to death moments…

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Val
Princess

« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2018, 07:40:38 am »

Story in the DT and same one on Breitbart saying Fox news inLondon has been raided by EU Commissioners. Computers and documents taken away.  It is quite extraordinary that they can even do this. The RSPCA can't do this and they're 'ours'. Good job we're leaving.

Breitbart also running a story re Soros having given even more money to anti Brexit activity. People commenting he is evil etc. Personally, Many now thinking, well let him waste his money we're going and any underhand stuff by him has now been rumbled.
Val
Princess

« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2018, 07:46:30 am »

The CBI gets funds from the EU to promote its aims.  Carolyn Fairbairn, the CBI's Director, is alleged to be a model Eurotwat; Cambridge,  INSEAD, McKinsey, the BBC...

Apparently, Soros has now pumped £800,000 into the 'Best for Britain campaign'.  He's not a British citizen, so, in effect, this is foreign money trying to subvert British democracy.  And this unethical funding is being allowed because TPTB are turning a blind eye to it.

Blair, Branson, Obama, Mandelson etc, etc to name but a few are all alleged to be in cahoots with Soros with the common purpose to derail Brexit.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2018, 09:04:58 am »

May is so weak and no match IMO for these evil people. Anyway, she is a Remainer and I don't believe her assertions that she will implement the wishes of the British people regarding the Brexit referendum.

As for Fox News offices being raided, I presume the EU bods had a warrant?!!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 09:07:33 am by marion » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #349 on: April 12, 2018, 11:57:38 am »

^^^^ Very true and quite noticeable. Even in very good parts of London, you turn one street and you feel like you're in another world and you have to watch your back... Edgware Rd is one such example, a street in the posh centre of London, leading straight to Hyde Park/ Mayfair/ BP-ish, but a large chunk of it is quite run down and it's like you're in an alternate world... I haven't noticed this in any other major city frankly. In my experience, outside London, when you're in a "good" (upscale-ish, but read "safe") part of a city, it's "good" throughout, not "turn one street and boom!"
There have been acid attacks even in Ken Gardens, a place you wouldn't quite expect this to happen.

I love London and lived there for a while, but the state of London is beyond shocking. I could not imagine raising my (nonexistent) children there or living there for good. For bits and bobs, yes, for good? Heck no. Not even a longer period as it is currently.

Besides the rampant crime (stabbing, acid attacks, mugging), there's the terrible air quality throughout London, which shortens life expectancy and has horrid health repercussions. I am frankly amazed that Liz the qmum and Liz and Phil have made it to their 90s/ 100s. I also don't understand why the super rich choose to buy there and live there huh Most rich prefer the countryside and yet billionaires are snapping up London property like there's no tomorrow, in a city that is so bad (now).

I also don't understand why Madeleine and Chris live there with their kids, and not some place "healthier" with a better quality of life (which is even for the very rich compromised in Ldn due to air quality and crime) that's also a financial centre (for Chris's business), like Frankfurt or Zurich or Geneva... I don't quite get it. I also don't quite understand how London could go so terribly to the gutter, and let's not start on the state of the rest of the country outside London.... blink
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #350 on: April 12, 2018, 12:56:57 pm »

I'm sorry to hear that!  What's an "acid attack"?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #351 on: April 12, 2018, 01:06:08 pm »

^ You've never heard of it? They are happening all the time in London and also outside London, but London seems to be the capital for that.
Anyway, it's a tw*t acquiring acid in liquid form and throwing it at someone, either at someone nilly willy, but it's usually preferably on the face. There's also been an incident a few months ago when a minor reality celeb threw acid onto a whole crowd in a Ldn nightclub. It's also a popular way for ex-boyfriends to "punish" their ex-girlfriends for breaking up with them or moving on, they either do it themselves or pay someone to do it for them. Some throw it at people randomly, no motif, just "for the fun of it" and ruin people's lives or even kill them that way.

The most well known case is Katie Piper in England, she's had countless surgeries but is luckily happy now with a new man, kids and a good career.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Piper

The acid attack that happened in Ken Gardens was some idiot throwing it at an unsuspecting victim for the fun of it.

London, definitely not the place to be! ick nervous

PS Don't even get me started on the state of living there, rent prices and all that!!

PPS ^^ By "outside London" when I said I have never noticed that in other cities, I mean cities in other European countries.

PPPS YM, you've never heard of acid attacks which are a daily occurrence in Ldn, the same goes btw for stabbing "incidents". Someone's always stabbed somewhere. Same as with the acid attacks, either as revenge, or for the fun of it. A victim is either chosen with motif or randomly (esp when it's done "for fun"!).

I don't think that I hear anything on a similar scale concerning other major cities like Paris, Berlin, NY...

PPPPS Shootings too. Randomly or also planned, out of a moving car. The person shot is also either at the wrong place at the wrong time, or has been chosen with a motif.

Aaahhh, London!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:14:55 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #352 on: April 12, 2018, 05:28:10 pm »

Important article, to survive London visits/ life  sigh

First aid expert reveals her 'simple steps' to help stabbing and shooting victims amid a wave of knife and gun-related killings in London

Six people were killed from stabbings and shootings in just four days last week
    London's homicide death toll has now reached 55 since the start of the year
    Emma Hammett, founder of First Aid for Life, has revealed how to stop bleeding

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5608117/First-aid-expert-reveals-simple-steps-help-stabbing-shooting-victims.html

Good comments from the article

"Is this in a tourist guide to London now? Remember when it was just places of interest to visit? Now it's 'How to apply a tourniquet if you're stabbed'"

"How the country has slumped. I remember when a murder was headline news..."

"Is this going to be the response to violent crime in Britain? Teach the public first aid for stabbings, shootings and acid attacks?"

"The best way to avoid being stabbed in London is to avoid going to London sadly."

Sad.

And then you have another megalopolis, Tokyo, where it's so safe, people send their primary school kids on their own to school, where they have to travel by train and change trains throughout their journey to school! I think it was in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7YrN8Q2PDU
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:39:04 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #353 on: April 12, 2018, 08:52:32 pm »

^^That’s just horrible!  I’ve no desire to see London again but this cinches it.  It’s too expensive for what you get anyway.  Same goes for NYC, too, tho.

Kins
courtier

« Reply #354 on: April 12, 2018, 10:19:44 pm »

^^Wow. London used to be in my top 10 of cities to visit. After reading that, it has definitely fallen. How sad.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #355 on: April 21, 2018, 09:05:43 pm »

Two more people are knifed in London outside Tube station just hours after death of 20-year-old took this year’s fatal stabbing toll in the capital to 40 as top surgeon predicts ‘summer of carnage’

A 20-year-old man has been knifed in fatal stabbing in Finsbury Park, London
    Separate murder investigation has been launched by the Met Police following a 32-year-old dying in hospital following a stabbing Morden, southwest London
    Two men were stabbed outside Tooting Bec station in south London this evening
    It comes amid warnings from leading trauma surgeon of a 'summer of carnage'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5641801/Young-man-20-knifed-death-Londons-39th-fatal-stabbing-year.html

Visits to Ldn best to be postponed spy
Val
Princess

« Reply #356 on: April 24, 2018, 05:33:18 pm »

From another forum re UK politics

May was chosen by Cameron, not the Party membership, because he knew she would carry on with the appeasing and the capitulation to Brussels that he'd started.  She was an awful choice for PM after her disastrous tenure as Home Secretary.  Davis seems to have been worn down by the EU and by the pro-EU Civil Service - the latter needs to be given a damn good kick up the backside and reminded that they are told to do the Government's bidding and not vice-versa.  Unfortunately, Bliar gave too much power to the senior Civil Servants and those ruddy SpAds and this is the result.

The Mogg, as usual, speaks so much common-sense - no wonder May doesn't want him in her Cabinet.  He should be on the  EU negotiating team, but he would show up May with her Remain credentials.
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #357 on: April 25, 2018, 07:14:38 pm »

Good man, the best possible for this country.  He is needed and wanted by the British people.  Decent and honourable.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #358 on: April 25, 2018, 11:51:56 pm »

Which British people? I'm a Tory (well am by nature, not keen on this lot though could never vote for anyone else) but have no time for this out of touch ghost.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #359 on: April 26, 2018, 11:36:33 am »

Knife crimes soars by more than a fifth across England and Wales driven by weapons epidemic in London - where the murder rate increased by 44%

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5659471/London-murder-rate-soars-44-cent-knife-crime-one-fifth-year.html
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: