Royal Gossip
May 30, 2017, 06:28:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Political News  (Read 21525 times)
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« on: February 02, 2011, 02:13:27 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1352467/Ministers-impose-controls-foreign-students-jobs-British-graduates.html

I realize their system is being abused and needs to be reworked, but this is hardly an advertisement for a land of opportunity, trying to recruit foreign business. The U.S. doesn't discriminate foreign or domestic when it comes to employing the best and the brightest and such is why the U.S. is considered the land of opportunity. ...

I just see this reform, occurring at this time, as a contradiction to the push for economic development. If the U.K.'s homegrown aren't being picked for jobs, ummm, maybe there's a good reason they're unemployed. A systemic one that begins in primary or secondary school perhaps?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:16:15 am by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 03:31:52 am »

One problem I've noticed is that many native Brits choose to NOT work and simply mooch off of benefits. A lot of Eastern Euros come to Britain and end up working on jobs that the regular Brit sniffs at, meanwhile in the US we have much of the same problem, mainly with our underclass that does the same. So the 'underclass' jobs go to Mexicans or Asians who use them as a way to make a much better living and spring into better things in time. Look at KM, chose to not work despite having a good degree and connections; if not for her degree and parents, she would be no different than a Chav really. Same with a lot of students, they choose not to work their way through and therefore end up with a degree, but no experience and then they disdain a job where they will be starting out.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 10:36:36 pm »

RAF jets scrambled after Russian bombers seen off Cornwall

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31530840

this creeps me out  nervous

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 10:56:14 pm »

^It should.  Well, it makes me nervous, too, I must say.  From the map and the area covered, those bombers were in NATO country.  So much for the talks last week.  Nobody bought that on any news channel in the US anyway.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 11:24:46 pm »

Putin as dreams of Czarist grandeur.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 09:55:21 am »

Just be on the watch. He is said to be a dictator and crowds are behind him.

Little light
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 11:44:42 am »

The rouble is rapidly losing any value and the oil fields in Russia are not cost effective to extract, so he is eyeing up other countries to go after their oil. Hence his friendship with the syrians and Iranians et al.

He is dangerous and I wouldn't trust him for all the salt in the sea.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 11:49:59 am »

Nor should you trust him. He's been building a cult of personality around him and of course, making sure he contrasts with Obama, looking more favorable. I do think something is going down in Russia right now behind closed doors.

Just be on the watch. He is said to be a dictator and crowds are behind him.

I keep saying on another forum that Putin is rebuilding the Russian Empire and seeks to crown himself Czar, but apparently no one is taking me seriously.

Little light
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 04:10:42 pm »

^ I take you seriously KF.

And I'm going to go slightly off topic here too, but please bear with me.

There is a photo on another royal forum, (I'm only a member here), and it is of Putin eyeing up a crown of the Georgian Royal Family.

Now I did go onto the Georgian Royal Family part and it was pictured there. I'll try and post it, but can't remember what the forum is called.

Two "heirs" of the GRF married and had a son Georg Bragationi, some thought, including me, to reunite the GRF. (Some members of the GRF fled to Spain in the 1920's, the others stayed in Georgia, which became USSR, now back to Georgia again.) Some historians think they were descended from the House of David, 3000 years ago. Anyway, .......

But under Putin, there was an invasion of Georgia, for  access to oil fields in the ME Middle East possibly?, and this is why the couple, both HRH's, were thought to have wed. To reunite the family in the face of a hostile and huge neoghbour, Russia. She was already married and had two of a family when she this marriage was arranged. Her name is Princess Anna and her husband is Prince David. And some have said it was to prevent Georgia from being incorporated into 'Russia' again. A bit like is happening in Ukraine now, IMHO.

Also, the old Soviet Union anthem is now used when it is Russia that is being represented, so Putin obviously thinks of himself as a latter day Czar. IMO. And that anthem being used is a huge red flag for me. So I think you are right on the button there KF and he is a man to be watched and be wary of.

Little light
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 04:33:19 pm »

dp

Sorry Mods but I've only just worked out how to post. (Tried it in the kitchen first).

So please don't ban me.

thankyou

But this is the forum i saw and you will need to scroll down to see the first picture of Putin.

http://royaldish.com/index.php?topic=6815.0

Hopefully the link will work.

And apologies again Mods.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 05:45:24 pm »

^You've been reprieved. J/K.  Since you're aware of the double posting, no worries at all.  I am curious, though.  Is it easier posting in the kitchen?   tehe   YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 06:19:23 pm »

Thanks for that YM.

No I'm using a new iPad, not having had one before, and I didn't know how to copy text, let alone a link so tried it first in the 'kitchen'.

But now I know how to do it, I shan't be double posting again. (Nearly did it by accident though. Oops).  easter-lol

Thanks again. thankyou
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 06:21:58 pm »

http://dailyreckoning.com/circle-may-9-calendar/

The most concerning thing to me is that Russia is generating new weapons all the time, while the west is not. Russia sees the west as the enemy and much of their populace does too. Regardless of one's political views, Obama isn't, IMO, a strong enough leader to counter Putin. His sole focus seems to be on improving his golf game. Meanwhile Putin is playing the game of nations.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 07:16:39 pm »

^You have a great point.  The US is still #1 in arms manufacturing and study and we just came out with some monster of a machine.  But, being the peacenik I am, it's a hard road for me.  As much as I *despise* to admit it, with the world the way it is now, it's time for a leader in the US who at least disarms our enemies instead of trying conciliatory progress.  Some of that works but I unfortunately or fortunately see a hawkish new President on the horizon.  Putin isn't somebody I'd mess around with.  The man has no conscience and if, God forbid, he went to bed with ISIS we'd have a holy horror on our hands.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 07:38:37 pm »

Cameron's response - "this does not deserve the dignity of a response" is translated by Putin as "the UK lacks sufficient military resources to do anything about this".  Which is true.

Like the Italian President who when ISIS beheaded people in Libya got all excited and said "we need to do something and respond militarily" but then he took a look at the state of his military and the next day  he started talking about how the UN needed to do something.

Europeans may yet regret gutting their militaries.

The planes off Cornwall is a bit alarming because normally the Russians only fly into the Northeast coastal areas - that is quite a trek for them to get to Cornwall and it is worrisome that the Brits failed to pick them up.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 07:56:02 pm »

^Another great point.  I was shocked, while doing a little research, that Germany has such low military strength that they used brooms during war games.  The last thing I want to do is advocate building more bombs or anything like that but when you have a burglar or murderer entering your house, sitting down and talking it over may not be your best defense.

Little light
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 08:06:25 pm »

This is what is happening in the UK now.

Regular soldiers are being laid off now and they are also advertising for more TA, reservists, basically to cut costs.

So I wouldn't be surprised if something militarily bad did happen to us and we didn't have the resources to defend ourselves. And all in the name of saving a few extra pounds.

In the UK, we always try to do things on the cheap, and it does not always pay to do it that way.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 01:24:48 pm »

MP asked to justify voting to block official secrets act amendment.

Published on Apr 5, 2015
MP for West Suffolk Matt Hancock denying blocking the amendment that would have provided a limited amount of protection for people willing to give evidence against MPs involved in child abuse and those involved in covering it up (most of them). This was done whilst he was on a walk about in a suffolk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQvrfIohsaw
Val
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 07:50:28 am »

The UK getting heartily sick of all the spin going on re the forthcoming Election.   Just part of similar comments all over the net.

'What the politicians don't get is that no one trusts any of them any more.  It is all about ridiculous PR spin that is just too obvious and manufactured.   People don't want to see them on 'date nights'  cooking up a storm  in their kitchens, taking children to school, bathing the baby or whatever.  Don't they get it, we want politicians we can respect and are truthful not the rest of the nonsense - all a bit too late for that now.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 09:48:51 am »

Part of a dialogue on another forum

PR spin is as bad in the USA - this is a fascinating but long interview with an ex head of the FBI. It goes all the way to the top - the white house, instead of a palace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BplUD6kQYuU

The cover up of child abuse should be central in the general election - but no its 'date nights, or walking the kids to school etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: