Royal Gossip
June 19, 2018, 12:04:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Charlotte Thread II (Read post #1 before posting)  (Read 81061 times)
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #740 on: December 18, 2017, 08:07:04 pm »

A 2 year old at a nursery school??
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #741 on: December 18, 2017, 08:41:22 pm »

^ Can't get rid faster of the sprogs if they tried.

If boarding school were acceptable from birth on, you can bet that's where the Cambs spogs would be.

Princess Charlotte's nursery revealed: Young royal will enjoy pottery and poetry classes at outstanding-rated £9,000-a-year Willcocks school from next month

Princess Charlotte will attend Willcocks Nursery School in Kensington, London
    William and Kate, pregnant with third child, will send her there from next month
    Charlotte will first be invited with parents for a short 'stay and play' at nursery

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5190553/Princess-Charlotte-attend-nursery-January.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #742 on: December 18, 2017, 08:54:14 pm »

Photo op time
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #743 on: December 18, 2017, 10:45:10 pm »

^But of course! The Waitster missed out on the pap stroll on Georgie's first day. No way she's missing out on Charlie's walk in her cute little uniform.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #744 on: December 18, 2017, 11:32:03 pm »

Will Charlotte be a cygnet, swift or swan? How pupils at the Princess's nursery are split into groups, receive lessons in poetry and given grades for their behaviour

Willcocks Nursery, attended by Princess Charlotte, near Kensington Palace
    Charlotte will progress to afternoon sessions & can participate in Lunch Club
    The young Princess will be expected to make milk for her classmates
    Morning sessions cost £3,050 a term, while afternoon sessions are £1,800

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5192451/Day-day-running-Princess-Charlottes-nursery.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #745 on: December 19, 2017, 02:06:48 am »

Who are the people who keep commenting that CHarlotte looks "just like" the Queen. Now the DM is claiming this (what drivel). Some commentators call the Queen Charlotte's Grandmother! Sycophancy in action. The kid looks nothing like the Queen. DO they want the Queen to have "magical" DNA which wipes out resemblance to all others in Charlotte's genetic makeup. Charlotte looks like Ma Midds and PIppa. Down to the eyes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #746 on: December 19, 2017, 03:44:45 am »

Yes, Charlotte looks like her mother's side of the family. Nothing wrong with that, stop trying to push a resemblance to the Queen. It's not there.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #747 on: December 20, 2017, 03:04:56 am »

Will Charlotte be a cygnet, swift or swan? How pupils at the Princess's nursery are split into groups, receive lessons in poetry and given grades for their behaviour

Willcocks Nursery, attended by Princess Charlotte, near Kensington Palace
    Charlotte will progress to afternoon sessions & can participate in Lunch Club
    The young Princess will be expected to make milk for her classmates
    Morning sessions cost £3,050 a term, while afternoon sessions are £1,800

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5192451/Day-day-running-Princess-Charlottes-nursery.html

She will be a Swan if Ma has any say in the matter,
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #748 on: December 20, 2017, 05:33:27 am »

IMO, two is too young to go to school. She should be home with her parents, or the nanny when they are away on tour.

Maybe when she's three, and only for a few days a week (possibly M/W/F). I hope Charlotte's new school isn't five days a week.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #749 on: December 20, 2017, 09:53:06 am »

^Oh, don't get me started on that.  It doesn't say, though, if it's every day for Charlotte.  A 2 or 3 year old a couple of months days a week for play and social activities for a few hours is fine but there have been studies for years that 6-8 is the better time for starting.  Children who start piano at 3 and those who start at 8 are at the same level by age 15 for instance, unless they're prodigies.  And the ones who start at 3 have developmental and emotional problems.

I home schooled one of my children and one in the public school system.  The home schooled child simply wasn't a good fit in any grade based on his learning speed and their firm age to level system.  By the time he got to college his studying habits and knowledge enabled him to enter college two years higher than if he'd been pegged into a structured grade-by-age system.

The public school child had nothing but problems and struggles and once he was in the system too long there was no correcting it.

But, that's me.  Each child, I believe, has a different rate that they learn. It took me a long time to figure that out, unfortunately.

With Charlotte's advantages, I don't see why being tutored at home along with organized group activities for socializing isn't what's done here.  It requires, however, a good work ethic example and attention with supervision at home, however, and a lot more hands-on parenting.  It's a sacrifice that not many are able to do but, if possible, the pay off is huge for the developing brain and emotional well being of the child.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #750 on: December 20, 2017, 11:22:18 am »

The Telegraph says that Char will attend Willcocks five days a week, seven hours a day, eating her lunch there too, while her parents 'concentrate on fulltime royal duties' and after April Kate bonding with the new baby.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/18/princess-charlotte-attend-nursery-full-time-allowing-parents/
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #751 on: December 20, 2017, 12:12:50 pm »

^I think that's an awful lot for such a little child.  My goodness.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #752 on: December 20, 2017, 12:34:55 pm »

^^ Sorry, but I find that unbelievably cruel. C will also feel resentful towards Cambs3 and what, Waity can't "bond" with C3 because C is at home? Wtf? How do others do it? W&K are so hands-on!! Unbelievable.

It would be best for her to stay at home and for socializing to attend eg ballet classes once a week and maybe some group play thing. There's plenty to do in London when you have unlimited funds. Socializing for kids is overrated though imo, my cousins were home until they were 5 and had no problems at all and I was put into Kindergarten at age 4 and also had no problems. That is of course a very limited pool of "experience" and no clue what experts say on the topic, but there you go.

Very interesting about eg piano lessons, didn't know that YM!

I think overall parents are too quick and eager to enroll their kids into classes and activities, which often drives the kids nuts and has quite a negative effect on them, their development and confidence. I do know for instance that it's best for children to also play on their own and also to be bored, it's healthier for their mind and it develops their imagination and some more stuff I forgot about.

Anyway, wow the Cambs are really hitting it out of the park, 1st with their creepy cold and horrendous "Xmas card" that's as per usual weirdly photoshopped and old, and then 2nd with shoving off C, cause the palace too small folks and the parents have too much work to do! sauer sly thumbsdown
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #753 on: December 20, 2017, 12:42:06 pm »

^ Cruel is a better word.  Full time duties my fanny, too.  As if they don't have a support team in place at home.  Nonsense.  I, too, think the socializing for teeny kids is overrated.  Mine did just fine with an occasional sledding party or swim class.  They require, frankly, more parental nurturing, not coddling, but nurturing at that age.  What's the matter with these two parents anyway?  Cold, lazy fish.

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #754 on: December 20, 2017, 06:19:52 pm »

I know plenty of kids who started nursery/daycare when they were months old and are absolutely fine. Those kids had working parents though. In Charlotte's case, I don't see the point when they already have a nanny employed. If they kept her home with Maria until she turns three, the situation would be no different than when G was that age and she was taking care of the both of them. Considering what she's experienced so far, tossing her in to a full day schedule might be a shock (especially since there will be a new baby in the mix). Then again, she may be like a lot of kids who adapt very quickly and love it.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
sandy
Princess

« Reply #755 on: December 20, 2017, 06:25:52 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5198963/Princess-Charlotte-leaves-Queens-Christmas-lunch.html

Charlotte's appearance has changed since that photo taken of her a few months ago. Would an updated photo have hurt them for the Christmas card?

The Sugars are in there pitching about how the kid looks "just like" the Queen.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #756 on: December 20, 2017, 09:08:48 pm »

^^ Parents who have to work and no other choice and no other options are different though. What must be done, must be done, even when it sucks. The Cambs have 2 nannies employed and likely even a 3rd part time. Is another one coming on board?

^^^ Agree.

^ C looks so different, I didn't even recognize her at first!
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yOCnaeyDBFY/Wjp-6uD0aOI/AAAAAAABkHk/HYS6iXNTF9oBN2NWasmhsvwXcOCVOoSpACLcBGAs/s600/British-Royals-1.jpg

https://s14.postimg.org/w8tifgmhd/174_CD4_F7-2_F25-450_A-_A0_CF-718284_D929_CA.jpg

https://s14.postimg.org/hpmde1lmp/ADC1_A9_FB-9_A9_B-470_B-9757-45_EF2_F911_BBF.jpg

Still a Goldsmith girl.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #757 on: December 20, 2017, 09:39:55 pm »

^looking like mummy and auntie
https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/kate-middleton-300-1.jpg?w=300&h=400&crop=1
https://pmchollywoodlife.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/pippa-middleton-reportedly-pregnant-ftr.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6qr7sKvgQxg/maxresdefault.jpg
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #758 on: December 20, 2017, 10:18:29 pm »

I didnt recognize Charlotte....she is a small Pippa middleton!  Shocked
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #759 on: December 20, 2017, 10:19:18 pm »

yeah, Charlotte looks like a little boy with long hair like Kate when she was young a child as well, looking like a sickly boy.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: