Royal Gossip
September 23, 2017, 08:38:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Charlotte Thread II (Read post #1 before posting)  (Read 57310 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: December 03, 2015, 04:52:47 pm »

If we read one more posting alluding to, insinuating or out right mentioning anything associated with the surrogacy that poster will be immediately banned for 30 days.  Thank you.

Mods

Princess of the high street! Charlotte wore a £21 dress bought by the Royal children's Spanish nanny for her first solo picture

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3344554/Princess-Charlotte-wore-21-dress-bought-Spanish-nanny.html#ixzz3tHGYnC3X
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:53:09 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 05:19:24 pm »

^ The nanny is having to buy her clothes?  huh
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 10:23:25 pm »

I find it very odd.  First of all a Spanish nanny for British royals.  Bill and cath medd brought her out of Lindo Wing wearing a woolen bonnet given to her by the mother of the Spanish nanny.  Now we have an official photo with her wearing a frock bought by the Spanish nanny. Seems weird to me to take an official photo of a British royal wearing Spanish clothing, what is wrong with British clothing for a British royal, does not make sense to me at all.
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 01:59:56 am »

^ The nanny is having to buy her clothes?  huh

Honestly what is going on?  I thought she was a hands on mother.  What is the nanny buying anything for these children? 
Stephie
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 03:57:27 am »

^ Don'tcha know? The nanny does all the clothes shopping, handles the play dates and does all the other fun stuff. Meanwhile, Waity slaves away dressing Charlotte, cooking organic baby food from her garden vegetables, and changes all the nappies! Shocked
logically
courtier

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 12:49:24 pm »

Char is wearing these clothes because the Nanny has better, more sophisticated taste and knows what is APPROPRIATE for children to wear.  WK put the lovely cap on inside out in her rush to pose on the steps at the hospital.  The little outfits are lovely.  They are traditional but not freakishly old fashioned that we see WK putting on PG.  PG always looks better and comfortable when the nanny dresses him.
Nanny probably dressed them and they got a photographer to take picture and WK just put her name on it.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 01:07:59 pm »

^^^^@GB - I wonder what else might be Spanish - but that's for another thread Lips Sealed
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 02:41:31 pm »

Although I think there is nothing wrong with a foreign nanny especially not if she is also teaching George some Spanish along the way, it is odd that the xenophobe Windsors have a foreign nanny.

Perhaps it is a money issue? Not sure, but it could be that English nannies are much more sought after by the Russian billionaires so they can ask a higher income. And we all know that the Windsors aren't keen on paying good wages to their staff.
So perhaps a Spanish nanny, yet English-trained (she did attend Norland IIRC), was the best they could get with the income they were willing to give a nanny.
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 03:17:09 pm »

^People Magazine is pushing that story, too. One of the boutique owners said "I think the nanny understands what Kate likes, and she is happy for her to buy things – it's easier because it's more discreet." Really, how much discretion do you need to buy an outfit for a 6 month old dontknow And who is paying for the Spanish outfits ? Is it coming out of Nanny Maria's own pockets ? Because I can see Kate being that cheap & petty

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20971077,00.html
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 03:41:23 pm »

Who does this?
What kind of "mother" has the nanny buy clothes for her children?
When my daughter was a baby I loved nothing more then picking out cute items for her-no way a stranger would dress my baby.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 08:26:54 pm »

Also the little matter of why is the sprog wearing a Spanish made and purchased frock for an official photo for the British people who fund every last nappy for her.  There was the bonnet they put on her to come out of the Lindo Wing, that was allegedly a gift from nanny Maria´s mother, and I did read in one article that nanny Maria bought this frock for sprog II.  Obviously cath medd has a lot of interest in what sprog II wears  -  not.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 09:25:30 pm »

Spanish children clothes are worn by a lot of royals. It's the way I found out it was popular at least in some circles?

What I find weird is that the nanny had to buy it in her home city and then bring it back. You can know the taste but I would prefer to choose and then order the clothes. Also that brand doesn't seem very popular, is not a shop you find in any shopping center.

My theory for the spanish nanny is that as she will be more isolated in UK it's more difficult for her to spread info and her family won't understand english journos. Also I doubt the problem was money, she must have had good references and it worked out well with her.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 10:08:42 pm »

i think that since it is an official picture of Charlotte  and since not many picture at all were released of her ( 2? 3?) clothes should have been definitely british, since she is the princess of Britain and not of Spain. Waity  Kate-Horror-Queen already wore not british fashion, for example that overpriced purple Dolce e Gabbana dress during the  visit of  China' s prime minister ( and she' s got the same dress in black thumbsdown bignono wopedo ick). I find it desrespectful and uncaring since she' s supposed to represent a nation, and  then of course in non official pictures and in her spare time she can wear whatever she wants and she can put any kind of clothes on her kids, but not in this occasion to me.
The dress is lovely to me flower btw and i wear spanish designer as well, i really like them thumbsup and as you said i find really bad that her nanny even buy her kids clothes. Not quite an hands on mum tehe
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 10:45:37 pm »

The more they say one thing the more they shoot themselves in the foot when we find out another. I think the kids are mostly raised by Maria, it makes sense with their greater sense of ease around her. Also, I thought Kate was supposed to be representing British fashions, she likes shopping so much so why not go shopping for Charlotte and help companies. What is this need for discretion over baby clothes? To show that she can't really be trusted with clothes shopping because she had no idea how to dress her daughter for the age she is?

Also Charlotte is dressed in a rather Spanish way besides the clothes being from whatever brand, I have seen pictures of some Spanish babies and she's dressed very much like them.
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 10:59:18 pm »

It could just be me but I think if Boney Baloney could deck her kid out in high end designer duds like KTrash, a story like this would not even exist.  She would be all over that and picking some things out for herself as well. 
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 11:59:11 pm »

True, but it makes sense not to buy expensive baby clothes, they outgrow them too fast. But for her to go ahead and not buy them herself or to have someone else dress her kids when she's supposed to such a "hands-on mum" but we then get evidence to the contrary by her actions not matching up with what's behind said. I'm honestly beginning to think that she doesn't really know what she's doing with the kids besides just taking George out on play dates, but the actually raising of them and she's leaving that to someone else.

Case in point after George was born she left him mostly in the care of her mother, when anyone with kids knows that the first few hours and weeks are essential bonding periods for parent and child. If George and Charlotte look more comfortable with Maria than they do with Kate it's because Maria is their main caregiver, they've developed a closer bond to her because she's the one providing them with more attention than their own parents. Babies always look at mummy they try follow her with their eyes even if she's behind a camera, now I know it may be that Kate caught her in a moment when she was looking off to the side but it looks more like she's focused on something, how much do you want to bet it's Maria?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:01:00 am by Mandosiel » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 11:47:39 am »

I am not overly bothered about what brand of clothing royal babies wear, what I am bothered about is that in these days of austerity, with many businesses etc struggling to keep going, then IMO sprog II should have been dressed in an English made frock, the article could then state it was bought at "Bond Street Babies" (to my knowledge no such place, just picked it out of thin air), and it was quite reasonalbe at 21 GBP.  Then if the sugars want to copy and buy the frock an English business will benefit from the custom.  I am sure nanny Maria is delightful and an excellent nanny, no problem with her, but she has not been raised British, no matter if she is Norland Nanny trained.  There is a difference, a big difference.  But it is very odd that she buys a frock in her own home Spanish town, in turn giving good advertising for said frock to the shop she bought it from.  The British taxpayers fund this family, the least they can do is try and encourage people to buy British.  They can dress both sprogs in Spanish clothing from top to toe, their choice, but rather an insult to release an official photo with them wearing Spanish clothing and giving the name of the shop where it came from.  If they like Spanish stuff so much and want support from the Spanish taxpayer to fund their lifestyle then let them all move there and give British taxpayers a break.
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 08:01:32 pm »

thumbsup hug worship
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2015, 12:14:43 am »

The daughter looks nothing like William or his parents or anyone on his side of the family...
Just like the boy the girl looks just like Catherine & her side of the family.
The uneven eyes ... just everything like the facial features...

Why is the press still so damn desperate to recreate or make up crap that the kids look like anything on William & his side?  blink

Gawd they are so lame.  eating cookies
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 02:23:43 am »

My first thought when I saw Hello-mag?
"Ha! She finally got the hints we've been dropping for week's and released a few nice pic's of her, like half a dozen of 'em!....oh wait no.. it's just.. two pic's?!....dang"
It's soo... underwhelming (like anything with Kate) so little effort, and she get's soo much kudo's from her sugar's for it, it's maddening! Kate-Horror-Queen
I expected some family shot's maybe with Lupo in the background (how is the dog doing anyway?) or brother and sis playing on the carpet ...you know something....MORE!

dontknow

I feel like in those fancy restaurant's: you spend mucho dinero yet end up going home still hungry! thumbsdown

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: