Royal Gossip
November 13, 2018, 11:18:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shootings reported in eastern Paris  (Read 4427 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2015, 03:39:21 pm »

^Oh yeah.  Sooner the better.  Their heads aren't screwed on right and if you're underlying message is that you are all about destroying yourselves for an unknown better place then you're on the path of self-destruction.  Odd that they don't see that.

SO, I'm totally on board to giving them their glorious wish and bring them to their nirvana or whatever toot de suite.

In good Paris news:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/19/suspected-mastermind-paris-massacre-killed-in-terror-raid/?intcmp=hpbt1

DEVELOPING -- The man widely known as the suspected mastermind of last Friday's Paris attacks that killed 129 people, who bragged that he could always stay one step ahead of Western intelligence, was killed in the police raid north of Paris Wednesday.

Officials also confirmed that his cousin was killed, when she apparently blew herself up.

Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 27, had been linked to as many as four thwarted attacks since this spring, including the plot to kill passengers on a Paris-bound high-speed train in August, a plot that three young Americans helped foil. He was identified from skin samples after the Saint-Denis raid, the French prosecutor's office reported Thursday.

Abaaoud had claimed he successfully moved back and forth from Europe to Syria coordinating terror attacks, and narrowly escaped a January police raid in the Belgian city of Verviers. “Allah blinded their vision and I was able to leave... despite being chased after by so many intelligence agencies," he told the ISIS magazine Dabiq.

Major kudos to the investigators and attack groups in France!  Bravo!

OH!  And of course the tireless efforts of the Belgian police who are working major overtime with their arrests and raids and working so well in conjunction with the world's intelligence people.  Amazing.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 04:07:23 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2015, 04:01:38 pm »

Yup well done thumbsup
Unfortunately it but one head of this hydra they cut off and theres lot more heads to go....

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2015, 06:14:34 pm »

Question:  I collect Christmas ornaments and have purchased memorial/charitable ones.  Does anyone know of anything being planned for the terrorist attacks/victims of Paris and the situation in Europe?  9/11 had many but it took a while. 

Thank you!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2015, 09:06:39 am »

^ What do you mean by "something planned" ?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2015, 10:12:13 am »

^City/country-wide governments, charitable organizations or just those who want to help, under most circumstances, create some kind of remembrance or token for a tragedy such as what happened in Paris and what is happening in other parts of the globe.  Since it's Christmas, and probably because I'm thinking like a fundraiser because I am one, it occurred to me that somebody is probably planning some sort of "portions of your purchase will go to - world peace/foundation freedom/nationale securitie/police force/whatever for the upcoming holiday season".

After 9/11 the Mayor of New York ok'd a project to support the families of police officers who died by offering commemorative you-name-it.  I purchased the cufflinks, which are amazing, for my husband and 80% went to the NYPD's surviving families of 9/11 (for example). 

Since it's Christmas time, it would seem a particularly appropriate time for some organization to acknowledge Paris, I believe, and wondered if I was just missing something or if it's just too early but if anybody has heard of anything.  Thank you.

Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2015, 02:09:24 am »

You mean like a badge with the 'pray for Paris' logo or a bulb with 'je suis charly'?
or more like the poppy the English use for remembrance day?

'cause frankly the first sounds rather opportunistic to me  thumbsdown (don't *despise* me but it just doesn't feel right! hide)
The second is well known and connected to a charity for military-vet's. thumbsup
With 9/11 I think there's a charity for firemen and police men who might sell such things, right?

I think it would be hard to start a charity for 'the fun loving, outgoing joy-de-vivre Parisians' who were the victim's of this attack.
I don't think the Spanish did that after the attack's in '04 nor the Londoners in '05.

Maybe an 'stop-ISIS' symbol?
But that doesn't sound very Chrismas-like....it's a feast of forgiveness, peace and love after all, and I don't think many ppl are feeling that way about ISIS...yet (if ever! sauer)

What we need is a symbol that's universal against terror and honor's the vic's, like the poppy is for the world war's.
Something that say's 'don't forget, don't repeat' with out being focused one just one specific attack.
Something that all ppl, even moderate Muslims, can wear to show that they don't agree with what's being done in the name of 'god'.
Like the peace sign or the V hand sign but different.
It's something that usually begins spontaneous but is lasting.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2015, 02:14:09 am »

^That's where I was going with this.  A tribute where the proceeds are directly sent to the victims and/or the police and intelligence communities.  It wasn't meant to be celebratory or anything like that.  I have a NYFD/9-11 Christmas ornament that is so special to me and a reminder, that's all.  And the monies went to a great cause.  There's also the monies given to build the Pearl Harbor memorial (from my mom - her day) as well as 9/11 that I have.  

It's just my fundraiser mind at work!

The Vatican, I believe, is already all over this and the Pope has declared 2015 as the Year of Mercy and I think has designed a dove with proceeds to go to Catholic relief agencies who serve the displaced/hurt during war, which the Vatican has declared this to be.  One of the brave and aware few who have.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:15:52 am by YooperModerator » Logged

Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2015, 02:54:04 am »

If something like that ever appears I'll let you know though I doubt it.

This is gonna sound bad  sorry
But compare it with wound's: these attack's are like knife cut's, they hurt like heck but aren't as harsh or life threatening as the dagger in the back you guy's had back with 9/11
9/11 was a world wide life changing moment that left you 'in ER' for months our attack's need's 'stitches' and a few week's rest at home.
The cut's heal faster and the scar's are less noticeable.

You know what I mean?
Besides each country in Europe might have a national pride but we lack that patriotism for Europe as a whole.
It's not like in the US there's not much of a 'we the ppl of europe' feeling even in the EU. (brexit anyone)
We may share cash, trade and open borders but we are far from 'the united states of Europe' our political idea's are too diverse for that. (our rather our politicians fear the lost of individual power..)

― Stuart Chase

― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2015, 03:07:44 am »

^Your response really made me sit up and take notice.  Kind of shocked me, really.  I know where you're coming from but I wonder if it's just a kind of shock that hasn't worn off yet.  I'll grant you, 9/11 was f'ing awful.  Nearly 3000 people dead, God knows how many wounded and our gov bldgs attacked.  It was huge and we mourn but never forget.

But, when I think of the people in Paris who were shot down for nothing, no reason.  I get why people are angry with the US.  We always all get that but I don't understand the hatred towards people at a soccer game or rock concert (was it because it was a US band playing?).  For us, in the US, we're all busily writing checks and sending flowers and praying in churches and crying for what happened on the same level as 9/11.  If you look at it population percentage-wise, it's almost a bigger deal.  Not to downplay 9/11 but still pretty awful and maybe more than that, it tells the whole world that everybody's got a target on their back and there's no rhyme nor reason to it.

Not sure.  But, I admire your point of view.  It is true that the US is one big dysfunctional family that hates Uncle Whositz at the Thanksgiving table but if anybody else picked on him or any one of us, heaven help you.  We've been called the Sleeping Giant before and I swear nobody would care how much it cost them to defend this country.  If somebody invaded or hurt someone in Podunk, Arkansas, the fury would be unbounded.  So, maybe it is a 'we the people' thing vs the invisible separation in the euro countries.

You guys, and you Akasha, are always a wealth of knowledge for me.  I'm very grateful.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: