Royal Gossip
November 20, 2018, 12:46:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shootings reported in eastern Paris  (Read 4469 times)
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 07:33:09 am »

^ What if these madmen are young and radicalised homegrown terrorists, French-born or with French nationality? They are often radicalised not just by sites on the internet but inflammatory sermons from the Mullahs preaching at their local mosques.

You are possibly right. Jihad John was educated in the UK. I did wonder if this was retribution for taking out Jihad John and France was the easiest target.

We should stop taking in people who do not like our way of life. I cannot understand why people want to do these heinous crimes. My thoughts are with the people that have lost loved ones in this latest attack on innocent people.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 08:24:14 am »

Its time we in the UK sent the army to protect the channel tunnel and the rest of Europe should close its borders.....Shenghen policy died along with those in Paris last night

When we had the 7/7bombings in London they were home grown terrorists and people who knew them/neighbours etc said what nice kind people they were..that's what I find so frightening..they are in our midst but we don't know who they are.

Our hearts go out to the victims and I do hope everyone here is safe
marion
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 10:53:41 am »

Meanwhile our useless PM is chairing a meeting of Cobra -  that will do a lot to protect us - our politicians are just a load of hot air - or to put it another way all mouth and no trousers.

Meanwhile the four terrorists arrested in the nth east re the plot to kill British diplomats were all Iraquis given official asylum.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2015, 11:25:22 am »

^^^^Thank you, Ariel.   hug

I'm with those that think a war is unavoidable.  This is this generation's Pearl Harbor or something.  I'm still in shock, I guess.  Wake up call, that's for sure.  So many lives lost, though.  It's horrific.

But, I also agree that this is a ghostly enemy that will take all of our subversive powers to annihilate or at least cripple into submission.  They don't care.  They hit soft targets, innocent citizens, children and don't even have the ba@@s to wear uniforms to identify themselves.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/14/world/paris-attacks/index.html

ISIS CLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR PARIS ATTACKS

Paris (CNN)ISIS claimed responsibility for gunfire and blasts that targeted six sites in Paris, killing 128 people in one of the nation's deadliest massacres.

In an online statement distributed by supporters, the terror group said eight militants wearing explosive belts and armed with machine guns attacked precisely selected areas in the French capital.

In addition to the people killed, 180 others were injured, according to the Paris Police Prefecture. More than half of them are in critical condition.

President Francois Hollande blamed the attack on ISIS, calling it "an act of war" by the militants. He said it was planned from the outside -- "with inside complicity."

"When the terrorists are capable of doing such acts, they must know that they will face a France very determined," he said.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:14:59 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2015, 12:37:29 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318312/Gatwick-North-Terminal-evacuated-armed-police-arrest-man-grenade-bag.html

Gatwick North Terminal has been evacuated after a terror scare involving a 'suspicious article', with bomb disposal experts called to the scene and one eyewitness reporting that there will be a 'controlled explosion'.

Witnesses said that armed police arrested a man with a 'grenade in a bag' and screamed 'get down, get down' before they restrained him.

Hopefully, not another crazy at 'work'. 

Thinking of you, akasha, today.  What a nightmare you must be experiencing in security at the airport in Belgium. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2015, 01:51:11 pm »

I live in France (not in Paris) and I'm safe.
No, France did not close its borders and did not allow its citizens to carry guns (like in the USA). They are doing more controls on the borders.
However, they did set an 'emergency state' which roughly allows curfews and things like that.
Public places are closed in Paris and it is recommended not to leave one's home.
David Cameron has just stated there may be British citizens amongst people dead or casualties.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 01:59:48 pm »

Glad to hear you are safe - take care and stay that way.

I thought Holande said all borders now closed or are you talking about before the attacks?
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 02:37:22 pm »

our politicians should wake up. soon the police won't be able to stop them. they come with millions to Europe. And they are attaching simultaneously many places at once. we should not even be giving the asylum status.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 03:32:28 pm »

At last someone states the obvious
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318439/KATIE-HOPKINS-Britain-just-going-sit-wait-day-reckoning-going-remember-value-start-fighting-save-it.html

And it looks like it's not over yet for  France.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318390/Explosions-shooting-heard-Paris-suburb-amid-reports-police-cars-helicopter-chasing-three-suspects.html

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2015, 03:48:16 pm »

^We're a long long way from this being 'over', I fear.

marion
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2015, 04:05:33 pm »

ITA but I didn't think France would be threatened by another attack so soon

The car being looked for is apparently suspected of being involved in the attacks but as it went through a road block going towards Paris it looks like another attack may be imminent
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2015, 04:10:30 pm »

Just came over Reuters that there is a raid going on right now in Brussels.  Anybody got anything on that?  Poor Akasha today.

^I don't think there's any rhyme nor reason anymore.  We can throw that out the window and start getting people to infiltrate these terrorist cells. Globally.

Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 04:42:45 pm »

Glad to hear you are safe - take care and stay that way.

I thought Holande said all borders now closed or are you talking about before the attacks?

Yes he did but he was mistaken. French officials corrected it afterwards.

ITA but I didn't think France would be threatened by another attack so soon

In June someone beheaded his boss and claimed it was for ISIS. There was much less coverage because it was a personal revenge, and that sick man took the opportunity to make it a crime for ISIS. ISIS never claimed it was their doing.
You forget the Thalys train attack. And there were rumours of planned attacks in shopping malls or department stores.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2015, 04:47:24 pm »

^^

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/paris-attacks-belgian-police-raid-6832856

One of the cars that were used by the terrorists is thought to have a Belgian number plate. 
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2015, 04:48:36 pm »

^ thankyou

Freya
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2015, 04:54:55 pm »

^
Looks like one of the first  victims to be named is a Law graduate from the LSE. He had all his life in front of him. So sad and my thoughts go out to his family and the families of the victims not yet named.

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/london-school-of-economics-graduate-named-as-paris-victim-11364016621895

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2015, 06:59:45 pm »

mind boggling. LSE ... where there are no scholarships , where it's difficult to get in, where you graduate with lots of opportunities
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2015, 07:52:18 pm »

Puh what a day!
A raid not two miles from the airport,
Plane grounded at schiphol amsterdam, couple of weird tweet treathning brussels airport oh and we got the kevlarvest back from under the dust.
Feds are assisting with border id check
Im knackerd smashed

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2015, 07:54:10 pm »

^Thank you for your service!   there

At least it's not your birthday:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11995869/Prince-Charles-condemns-bestial-attacks-in-Paris.html

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2015, 08:53:42 pm »

Pope Francis calls Paris massacre part of ‘piecemeal Third World War’
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-francis-calls-paris-massacre-part-world-war-article-1.2434854?utm_content=buffer12706&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: