Royal Gossip
October 18, 2018, 10:57:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Unromatic Step Into Married Life for KM  (Read 1563 times)
Yooper
Princess

« on: February 01, 2011, 10:22:24 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8293701/Royal-wedding-route-Kate-Middletons-most-unromantic-step-into-married-life.html#disqus_thread

Major kudos to this journalist.

"Brian Haw’s 'people’ didn’t really want to speak to me. “Telegraph? Smellygraph,” said a man when I approached him. “We don’t trust the media.” Was he unhappy at the attempts to clear them all out like rubbish in time for the royal wedding? “We live in a feudal dictatorship,” he barked, before adding, once more for good measure, that he didn’t trust the media."

THIS is The Press, or the way it should be!

Yoop

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:32:34 am by Yooper » Logged

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 07:08:07 pm »

Why are they so worried about the tent village? They're just a bunch of harmless hippies.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:59:38 pm »

Everything about this coupling is surreal. It's no wonder that Kate and the UK as a whole does not want to be faced with the reality while heading to the altar. This whole relationship has been billed a fairy tale, bordering on fantastical claims. I think it's very poignant that the journalist refers to the escapist attitude surrounding this wedding. Collective escapism, in the form of a national celebration, causes me some concern for their collective psyche! oooh
The refusal to face reality about this couple, and the long standing effects this marriage will have for their country, is going to come back on them and hit them like a ton of bricks! thumbsdown I'm in many ways an idealist, but I don't ever purposely try to blot out the reality of the bigger picture, in any given situation!  Shocked 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:03:43 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 09:18:23 pm »

The events in Egypt and Tunisia are occupying the forefront of the US Headlines and TV Program. Now some in the press are worrying that these street protest might spill into Jordan and are hoping it doesn't because if it does the Royal Family there may have it's own trouble to deal with. Kate and William I hope are seriously taking note of the mood of the people, because all hell could break loose if they don't!

Visions of Marie Antionette is all I see with Kate and the Middleton's on the Throne.

P.S.
I see thousands are already protesting in Jordan, but so far it's not against the Royals, but against Parliment.
http://politicom.moldova.org/news/thousands-protest-in-jordan-similar-to-those-in-tunisia-egypt-216705-eng.html

Thousands of protesters have taken to the streets in Jordan, calling for government reforms and the resignation of Prime Minister Samir al-Rifai.

Chanting demonstrators marched through the capital, Amman, and several other cities on Friday.

Opposition supporters in the country have carried out a string of protests over the past week, similar to those in Tunisia that led to this month's ouster of the country's former president.

Jordanians have been demanding relief from high food prices and have also accused the government of failing to fight corruption.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:22:02 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 10:32:33 pm »

Actually there was some articles here and I saw something on TV that protesters start to target the royals. That's why Queen Rania started to do charity events in Jordan and laying real low, after spending the last few years all over the world, jet setting with rich and famous while supporting global causes but totally negletting her own country. The King is doing some changes to avoid trouble. They feel threatened, political analists say Jordan could be next...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 10:52:14 pm »

Well i think this situation is indeed very serious!!! And of course they want to keep their place!!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 05:32:51 am »

Actually there was some articles here and I saw something on TV that protesters start to target the royals. That's why Queen Rania started to do charity events in Jordan and laying real low, after spending the last few years all over the world, jet setting with rich and famous while supporting global causes but totally negletting her own country. The King is doing some changes to avoid trouble. They feel threatened, political analists say Jordan could be next...

Rania and some of the other princesses/Queens haven't been smart in that respect. Maxima was quite the jet setter and you would think that having a little country to preside over would be fun and enriching instead of treating it as SUCH a chore or bank account.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 04:12:36 pm »

^  Good posts !  (about Rania  thumbsdown and Maxima   thumbsdown). You know I always thought it was rather stupid of Rania and her "cool day job..." bio on idiotic Twitter.
How shallow and childish, really. Doesn't she have REAL duties to do instead of acting like a "star" , which she is NOT. I never liked her. I wanted a son of Noor to rule, and so did Queen Noor. Maybe, at the time (after all King Hussein's death was VERY sudden) Noor's son was way too young.
Grow up, Rania, nobody respects you for jet-setting and appearing in leather pants (LOL) when you should be respecting and working in Jordan with your headscarf on out of respect. Duh.   screaming  thumbsup  laugh
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 04:28:36 pm »

Did Noor actually try to usurp Abdullah's position for a son in her own right?

Thanks for understanding my view of Rania and Maxima. It isn't smart for Rania to be around those celebs and the LAST thing anyone needs is for Rania to get mixed up with Naomi Campbell and that scene. Musliim men are horribly controlling enough and Rania should be setting an example, that it is possible for a Muslim woman to live a modern life while being moral. If Rania ended up in a catfight with some model (like Naomi) or mixed up with a drug crowd (like Uncle Gary) it would have hiddeous repercussions.

Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 05:50:30 pm »

KF  -  Yes. I recall that QN was VERY upset that HER son (perhaps over 18 at that time yet still too young huh) did not succeed as King of Jordan. She wanted to remain in the palace but left (not enough room for 2 Queens).   there  laugh

KF , is Rania mixed up with Naomi Campbell   easter-James  laugh ? (WHY does it seem like EVERY fancy schmancy chick is mixed up with her ?!) I know Daria Zhakova (sp) is too.

Yes, IMHO, Rania is too "free", considering that she rules in Jordan (well her hubby does, but still). For the record, I always LIKED Queen Noor, who is American Lisa Hallaby as you know.  thumbsup
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 11:32:20 pm »

I think Queen Noor is the one person whose autobiography I could not finish. Her bigoted ranting about Israel and the Jews in it sickened me. I am disgusted that Noor would try to interfere with the legal succession, bit NONO and I for one think that was out of line.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: