Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 02:29:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wessex Family: News and Photos II  (Read 26006 times)
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #300 on: September 25, 2018, 03:23:01 am »

The only big income-producing estates that the monarch owns privately are Sandringham, (agricultural produce) Balmoral (ditto and sheep) to a lesser extent, and Windsor, (the Royal Stud: the Queen's racehorses.) None of these produce huge incomes but they allow the estates to keep running.

The Queen has the Duchy of Lancaster which produces a large income (it has to) and Charles has the Duchy of Cornwall (a very large income) Both these Duchies stretch back centuries.

Anne's Gatcombe Park has various income producing businesses on it, (horses, Peter's Sports PR endeavours, Zara's enterprises) because she and her children live on the estate. Andrew doesn't have anything income-producing at Royal Lodge and the Wessexes don't have anything either, apart from renting out outbuildings to businesses. Probably they grow their own fruit and vegs there for household consumption, same as at Anmer. The days of monarchs giving huge estates away with Dukedoms (whether to their sons or not) ended with Queen Anne in the very early 18th century.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #301 on: September 25, 2018, 03:49:16 am »

Oh I forgot about that!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #302 on: September 25, 2018, 05:27:38 am »

The only big income-producing estates that the monarch owns privately are Sandringham, (agricultural produce) Balmoral (ditto and sheep) to a lesser extent, and Windsor, (the Royal Stud: the Queen's racehorses.) None of these produce huge incomes but they allow the estates to keep running.

The Queen has the Duchy of Lancaster which produces a large income (it has to) and Charles has the Duchy of Cornwall (a very large income) Both these Duchies stretch back centuries.

Anne's Gatcombe Park has various income producing businesses on it, (horses, Peter's Sports PR endeavours, Zara's enterprises) because she and her children live on the estate. Andrew doesn't have anything income-producing at Royal Lodge and the Wessexes don't have anything either, apart from renting out outbuildings to businesses. Probably they grow their own fruit and vegs there for household consumption, same as at Anmer. The days of monarchs giving huge estates away with Dukedoms (whether to their sons or not) ended with Queen Anne in the very early 18th century.

True, but I do believe that HM could pull strings and grant the Wessex family some kind of land that would produce income, or shares in the duchies that would give them money coming in. I do think that the family does live in grand enough style (more than their position warrants really) and I do think that there will be problems once Charles is in charge. I do think he has an axe to grind against Sophie (her BS troubles with that sheik was something that should have brought her censure) and if Corbyn gets in, I am certain that there will be a HUGE trimming of the fat perks that the BRF gets and takes for granted as their due.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #303 on: September 25, 2018, 07:28:52 pm »

Does the Queen have some sort of irrevocable will where Edward is guaranteed the Edinburgh title.

She can't do that. The agreement is basically based on trust and an internal deal. Ultimately whoever succeeds Liz can backstab Ed and ignore the agreement.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2018, 03:11:46 pm »

I will not put a link to this, but Sophie should have her hefty hiney kicked for once again not dressing her young daughter appropriately.  Louise's dress was way too short.  Even without the blustery wind, she was going up a tall flight of steps with cameras at the bottom.  She should have worn a longer skirt for modesty sake.   Sophie wore a longer skirt.  Very expensive and fashionable outfit for ol' Soph.   But her daughter?   Nah, whatever is in the closet.

sauer bored3
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2018, 02:54:34 am »

I know! I was appalled at the shortness of Louise's dress. Poor kid. She is having a hard time growing up with those parents of hers.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: