Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 10:14:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wessex Family: News and Photos II  (Read 15846 times)
india
Princess

« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2017, 01:57:26 am »

Countess Sophie is elegant and serene. I love her style.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2017, 02:54:16 am »

She may be a cold stuck up woman, but imo she is very elegant and always looks like she is interested in whomever she is talking to. Soph acts like is enjoys meeting people unlike some
india
Princess

« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2017, 04:19:13 am »

Sophie does enjoy meeting people for sure.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2017, 01:25:44 pm »

I like her, always have.  I think she drew the short straw with that nincompoop she married.  More class and elegance in the nail of her little finger than in the whole of council cath.  She also appears to get on well with adults and children.  I have never seen her looking stuck up and cold, so can´t comment on that, although I would venture to say she has never given me that impression.  Anyway, I would say, personally, anyone is better than council cath.
india
Princess

« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2017, 03:35:07 pm »

Anyone or anything is better than The Flashing Crotch Pressing Princess of Hunchback aka The Sag Face Potato Head who has the personality of a cardboard box.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2017, 04:45:44 pm »

^ India, please, don´t insult the cardboard box, they are very useful items, and my big ginger cat loves them, gets all excited when his little eyes spot a new cardboard box in the hall for him   laugh laugh
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2017, 06:43:19 pm »

I like her, always have.  I think she drew the short straw with that nincompoop she married.  More class and elegance in the nail of her little finger than in the whole of council cath.  She also appears to get on well with adults and children.

Sophie was willing to marry a nincompoop in order to attain the position of the queen's daughter-in-law.   Edward was simply a means to an end, and while she pretended to be all lovey dovey in the beginning, you rarely see them interact these days.  Does she get on well with adults?  Well, she kisses the queen's butt, so there's one.  But then there's the screeching at her bodyguard in the streets of London, so there's that, as well.   Does she have any friends?  Does she go to lunch with friends or invite them over to the Manor?   Not that I've heard.    And children?   Well, she seems to ignore her own (see my post above from Christmas), so I really am not taken in by her acting of cooing and kissing when the cameras are on her.   

She has a reputation of being tough and a social climber.  Here's a comment from a DM reader from an article a couple of days ago:

I recall this lady, when I was living in London and before she started dating Edward. Knew someone who used to hang out with her friends. They said how ambitious she was to climb to social ladder. They said she had a heart of stone and would not let anyone get in her way. She is a brittle woman who screamed at one of her close protection officers in a London street a few years ago and humiliated the poor man. So don't be fooled by the smile; there lies ice behind it.

When the queen passes and the RF is whittled down and Sophie has to leave her Manor and is not granted favors by the new Monarch, and she's left looking across the table at poor Eddy, and her children become young adults rather than the kiddie props they have been . . . well, I think the real Sophie will reemerge.   
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2017, 01:34:26 am »

Very good and accurate post Miss Hathaway.   Her staff describe her as "very grand" and they can't stand her, and leave as soon as they can.   Edward is not really into girls.   thumbsup

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2017, 01:41:46 am »

I am certain she wouldn't be living in such a grand estate if she were in fact down to earth. It's not like her marriage to Edward was arranged.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #169 on: April 09, 2017, 01:57:25 am »

Edward was left a lot of money by his grandmother and his grandfather,  his mother will leave him even more.  She saw Edward as an opportunity to pull herself up the ladder of society.   Edward is also very grand, and the Queen bought them the lease to their home.    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagshot_Park
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:59:37 am by Tatiana » Logged

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2017, 03:15:11 am »

Obscene; he's way down the list of heirs and he does not need such a huge place. Whether or not it's affordable is beside the point; he should live in one of the many mansions on the Crown properties and live in Buck House when he's in London.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2017, 02:01:50 pm »

^ Good Lord. It is huge. It may be ugly but is also very grand.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2017, 09:27:40 pm »

Maybe Liz figured giving Eddie a over the top home would get him a wife and stop the gay rumors. Part one worked.  tehe
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2017, 11:24:41 pm »

Obscene; he's way down the list of heirs and he does not need such a huge place. Whether or not it's affordable is beside the point; he should live in one of the many mansions on the Crown properties and live in Buck House when he's in London.

It is on Crown property.  Cathy Jane those are not just rumours ..  tehe

CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2017, 03:10:32 am »

OH!!
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2017, 04:00:37 pm »

The Wessex family continue to portray their "oddness" on Easter.  Here they are trudging along in their own individual worlds.  Ed and Soph, not walking together.  James and Louise, not walking together.  And never, will you ever, see James and Louise interacting with one another.   Louise is a big girl and not finished growing.  She towers over Sophie.   I imagine Sophie is not pleased at having "big" children. She wants to be forever young and having grown up children spoils her delusions.   

The York sisters always are together as a team.  Even Kate and William are walking together.  Not saying they want to, but they are.   The Wessexes don't even bother.   I imagine Sophie was annoyed that both the Duke and the Queen came to services and she was unable to squeeze her hiney in the car.    easter-James

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Royal+Family+Attend+Easter+Day+Service+Windsor+5EqGfs5lycbl.jpg

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2017, 04:23:23 pm »

Louise is cute. I am excited to see how her style develops

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
india
Princess

« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2017, 04:27:33 pm »

^^ I would not think that Sophie is concerned about having "big" children. At least they are HER and Edward's true children as opposed to some others.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2017, 04:31:06 am »

idk, I can see Sophie not wanting her kids not to be cute little kids anymore. I think she likes looking younger than her years, as most of us do, but I feel like she is competing with Waity.
Val
Princess

« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2017, 07:39:28 am »

^

Whatever, Sophie is far better looking than lumpen faced Waity.  Her features are even and chiselled and she was once likened to PD facially.  She is articulate and able to connect with people, in a way Waity finds impossible.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: