Royal Gossip
May 24, 2017, 08:45:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's "fear" of public speaking  (Read 8585 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2016, 01:07:26 am »

Gif set of  ITV documentary about the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme. Kate talking about when she was trying to cook bacon on a camping trip

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7152d683acda608122cf04971cdb3d1d/tumblr_oi4arl0KdL1tcmbfuo1_500.gif
https://68.media.tumblr.com/fd6d157d79ac09fcdd0b2b3300d497ac/tumblr_oi4arl0KdL1tcmbfuo2_r1_500.gif
https://68.media.tumblr.com/a270a00db40c702c7c88b05718c7d6f2/tumblr_oi4arl0KdL1tcmbfuo3_r1_500.gif
https://68.media.tumblr.com/3eafd8f0c85deda0dec5dc5e8f57fb9c/tumblr_oi4arl0KdL1tcmbfuo4_r1_500.gif

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2016, 01:45:58 am »

^ laugh  What a bone head.  Has she never heard of a tarp or tent flap? 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2016, 02:16:20 am »

Apparently not.  blink
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2016, 02:18:55 am »

We know who would be the first to keel over if there was ever a disaster and she had to fend for herself. I thought she was a Brownie, don't they teach you rudimentary survival skills?? blink
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2016, 03:30:43 am »

Trying to cook bacon in the rain yup that's Kate ,and her oh so look at how cute and funny I am coy look she does at the end .

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2016, 03:37:20 am »

^^Yes.  Even girl scouts know that rain is one of the first things that you learn about when camping because, duh, it always rains.  So, you bring a tarp.  It's Camping 101 for 10 year olds.

^Ok, so staying on topic, is she that much of a dumb bell that is reflected in her speech and behavior or does she play the coy, silly-me, because she has zero self-confidence?  OR, does she think this is endearing?   What an enigma our Kate is.   blink

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2016, 04:17:52 am »

^Both

Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2016, 04:35:19 am »

Weirdo easter-James speaks so much to her juvenile mentality that she thinks it's the proper way to behave.
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2016, 05:06:37 am »

^^^KMs not an enigma she's a jack*ss
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2016, 05:21:48 am »

True, enigma would warrant her having some sort of depth to her, she's as shallow as a puddle, we know this. easter-James
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2016, 05:27:21 am »

^ thumbsup  love the icon you have been using: easter-James  it's great. Is it named afterJames Medd?
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2016, 05:37:50 am »

Of course, what other Midds do we know that is a dead ringer for this icon? easter-James
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2016, 05:44:27 am »

^^Yes.  Even girl scouts know that rain is one of the first things that you learn about when camping because, duh, it always rains.  So, you bring a tarp.  It's Camping 101 for 10 year olds.
^Ok, so staying on topic, is she that much of a dumb bell that is reflected in her speech and behavior or does she play the coy, silly-me, because she has zero self-confidence?  OR, does she think this is endearing?   What an enigma our Kate is.

I put this on another thread earlier on:

I had the thought today that Kate reminds me of the character "Andrea" in the Devil Wears Prada. I took a different view than the conventional one.

Andrea showed up to the interview unprepared and basically not at all even trying to look presentable or even show enthusiasm to get hired. Throughout it all, she keeps slacking off and looking slovenly until she gets a makeover and actually makes a sincere effort to contribute. Yet, when she reaches her peak and becomes glamorous and elegant and seasoned, she throws it all away and does some kind of 'confession' to her jerk boyfriend about how he was 'right' in seeing her somehow become shallow and selfish because she evolved into a better dressed, better mannered person.

Kate doesn't even try to become a seasoned member of the FIRM and dresses like a dog died and keeps getting things wrong. She seems to think that this makes her a 'better' person than those around her and how not making an effort makes her fun and spontaneous and very good. As if being an adult is somehow a sign of being bitter and jaded and cynical. As if wising up makes her a boring stiff and being well dressed/coiffed makes her shallow. Thing is, that Miranda was in my view a better person, how Emily really did all she could to make the best of her job and for some reason Andrea was better.

There's nothing wrong with growth and there's nothing wrong with maturing. Kate can't seem to get it into her head that after a certain point, she should respect herself enough to just show up and do a good job while looking nice. Diana had gaffes early on, but she grew up and matured and did a professional job while looking nice. It's tiring that Kate refuses to take any of this seriously. Marie Antoinette thought protocol was one big joke and yet, when the revolution happened, the aristocrats didn't lift a finger to help Antoinette. Kate isn't more natural or fun or spontaneous just because she shows up and shirks. This is her JOB and she's making a mess of it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2016, 06:31:37 am »

The sad thing is that if she had been working at regularly giving speeches from the beginning of her marriage, she'd be really good by now and everyone would have for the most part forgotten her early mess-ups.
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2016, 06:43:34 am »

^ tehe tehe too bad we don't have a dead squirrel icon... and a mattress icon and a pigeon toed icon...
Val
Duchess

« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2016, 07:49:17 am »

^^

I don't honestly think she would ever be good at it as she just doesn't have it in her.   It's not about the words (written by someone else), it's all about her and how she looks.  That awful first speech of hers conveys everything, she was like an over excited spaniel on speed with all that mouth gaping and hair flicking.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2016, 08:29:58 am »

I remember in high school at the beginning of freshman year, everyone was afraid to give presentations. But we had to do them for every class, especially English, always presenting some aspect of each story or book we read. We even had to present things in Spanish class even though for most of us it was our first year of a foreign language... our favorite things, weather forecast, acting out different scenarios where we would use the language. By the end of the year, we were all pros. If a bunch of 14/15-year-olds can do it, so can she. And we had to write our own stuff!  thumbsup
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2016, 11:50:32 am »

Uh, what an interesting and serious topic speaking about how she cooked a bacon!  bored3
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 11:52:34 am by kolkomilko » Logged

deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2016, 12:24:33 pm »

^ Hi
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2016, 06:25:27 pm »

You know if she had more to do in life, then looking pretty and actually had some jobs, she might actually have something interesting to say. But she focused too much on him all those years she lost out on working on her own personality. So all she has is BACON! easter-lol

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: