Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 09:41:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's "fear" of public speaking  (Read 20354 times)
Val
Princess

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2015, 06:56:14 am »

She looks so ridiculously pleased with herself in the above gif, she really couldn't contain it, like an over excited child.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2015, 08:40:43 am »

I think this is the part where she was gushing at mentioning Wills and people started to clap. She's more of a stalking fangirl instead of a wife and member of the royal family.

Well she did have a poster of him in her dorm room and to me, that is kind of creepy. Landing William, for a while, was seen as landing the ultimate pop star/celebrity and I do think that Kate hasn't matured beyond being a ditzy teenybopper. She's someone who is oddly childish for a wife and mother.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2015, 09:31:53 am »

Childish from a reputed lobotomy.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2015, 11:51:11 am »

If she isn't yapping about Wimpo she is pushing Wimpo's alleged spawn down stone faced actors throats .
Notice she checks on Harry.
https://38.media.tumblr.com/dfb4f870c13452d1b158f4f79b72db3f/tumblr_nx7mfbvsqY1tkbuybo1_400.gif
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2015, 02:03:52 pm »

I think if Kate had been forced to get a job after university, she would have been able to make a speech without making a total fool of herself. And let's face it...it is not like she has to write the speeches herself.

And I am quite surprised that this is not part of the curriculum in the UK. Like in the US, Dutch children will have to give presentations in class from a young age (in the 3rd of 4th grade of elementary school) and that continues all throughout highschool. And later at universities as well. Sometimes with a few fellow-students, sometimes alone. And I would think that with a study like art-history is very easy to incorporate student-presentations into the curriculum.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2015, 02:14:28 pm »

Public speaking is a lot like learning a language.  The earlier you start, the better your chances of it becoming a part of you so even if Kate had to get up in front of any class or group in college (or university), it requires inner fortitude and confidence to overcome.  Plus, I've always had the feeling that Pippa was the outgoing one and Kate the shy, submissive member so she was groomed for other issues and nobody paid attention to what she'd actually have to do once she attained her lofty role.

Personally, I think this is a lot of baloney that she's all nervous and everything.  I think there are a lot of other emotional issues at play here.  When I first read in the very beginning about how she was bullied at school (which was questionable then and now) I thought, "Oh, here we go, the beginning of the excuses".  Naah, if she really wanted to forge ahead, she's got nerve.  This is just an excuse to not do something that requires effort.  Her calling card.  And the BRF played right into her and PW's hands over supporting Kate with all her little whims and insecurities. 

She cheated her way through school, she manipulated PW to the max, she and her mother used every trick in the book to snag William and are calculating grifters.  They have no qualms about using anything to get what they want, so public speaking would've been a cake walk if they'd thought beyond their greed.  They just happen to have missed the memo about work and that duty is a badge of honor.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2015, 03:20:25 pm »

^ I agree that there are other emotional issues at play.   Look at Kate when she is involved in athletic activities:  sailing, hockey, volleyball, etc.   She sparkles.  She comes alive.  She actually looks pretty in athletic wear.  And she was involved and quite good at athletics during her school years.  Therefore, she is not inherently lazy because she has within her the discipline to play sports.   However, after her first year of marriage, something switched off in Kate.   I think she knows she is in over her head and doesn't know how to get out.  I think she and Pippa have been so controlled by their mother so that HER dreams could come true that Kate did everything she could to snare William but realizes that she doesn't want this after all but she is caught in the scary royal machinery on the one hand and her scary mother on the other who would disown her if she left.  No wonder she looks like a zombie.

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2015, 03:53:04 pm »

Carol may have been a driving force, but Kate is a 30 something year old woman and she really only has herself to blame at this point. She was after PW and the luxury life from day one. She had a poster of him on her bedroom wall at Marlborough (and then later lied about it, saying it was the Levis guy).
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2015, 04:06:10 pm »

Well when Kate got married she was 29 years old, so an adult. If she felt uncomfortable with this lifestyle she could leave, but she didn't do it.
She's an adult she's the only one to blame for her own choices in life. She clearly love her posh life, but she doesn' t stir a finger to deserve it: she' s spoilt and worth nothing to me
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2015, 06:53:26 pm »

"Well she did have a poster of him in her dorm room and to me, that is kind of creepy. Landing William, for a while, was seen as landing the ultimate pop star/celebrity and I do think that Kate hasn't matured beyond being a ditzy teenybopper. She's someone who is oddly childish for a wife and mother."

I'm surprised one of these motivational speakers that talk about vision boards hasn't used Waity as an example yet. She took keeping your eye on the prize to a whole new level.  laugh

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2015, 07:46:57 pm »

I'm guessing the PW poster was in high school and the Levi's guy was at university. I think it would be very weird to have a poster of him in her dorm room when he lived in the same building and was in her social circle.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2015, 08:28:41 pm »

Well when Kate got married she was 29 years old, so an adult. If she felt uncomfortable with this lifestyle she could leave, but she didn't do it.
She's an adult she's the only one to blame for her own choices in life. She clearly love her posh life, but she doesn' t stir a finger to deserve it: she' s spoilt and worth nothing to me

Exactly; she was born in a country that is literally saturated with history connected to the BRF and she needs to quit this insane behavior where she keeps up this pretense that she's just been launched from a convent life of isolation and chastity. The woman is the exact opposite and she needs to stop being so selfish. She needs to get it working mainly since it's her job to bolster her husband.

Duchess Kate ‘has a fear of public speaking,’ that’s why she’s so ‘silent’
The Duchess of Cambridge isn’t much for public speaking. We learned that the hard way, because the very, very few public speeches she’s made have been… um, bad. Hair-tossing, fidgeting, staring blankly at her notes for seconds, no eye contact with the audience, awkward silences, etc. Not everyone is cut out for public speaking, but it’s the kind of thing you can practice and rehearse, especially if your job requires smart media relations and the ability to communicate, which is exactly what royals are supposed to do. Even if Kate still struggled with making public speeches, the answer would then be “just do a few one-on-one TV interviews.” William and Harry do TV interviews several times a year, but not Kate. Well, anyway, The Daily Beast’s royal gossip guy has an interesting piece about Kate and how silent she is.

http://www.celebitchy.com/454895/duchess_kate_has_a_fear_of_public_speaking_thats_why_shes_so_silent/

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2015, 09:05:34 pm »

Waity the shy reclusive Jane Austen incarnation.
http://snn.bz/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/katecoolieFEATURE.gif
Waity is just raging that Wimpo didn't turn out to be the Top Toff she took him for.
Waity & the Klingons can't have a toff lifestyle because Wimpo has responsibilities that he needs to share.
In fact as long as Wimpo remains the lazy co dependent work avoider that he is now people may take less notice of Waity's pervasive inadequacy.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2015, 10:57:51 pm »

She needs weighted hems and probably to wear shorts underneath her dresses just in case it gets to be extra windy.

I think Wimpo wants them to hide away. He seems angry/annoyed whenever he's out in public where there are photographers. I think he is protective of Kate and their babies.
Stephie
Baroness

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2015, 08:22:16 am »

Waity flat out doesn't care about her public speaking abilities. I'd bet real money the people who comment here have put more thought into how she can improve than she has. Clearly, many of us take pride in what we do and care to do it well. But Waity isn't like that. To her, she doesn't need to improve, because she's got what she wants in life and can get by without exiting her comfort zone. She can't get fired from her job for failing to perform and she knows it well. It's easier to avoid the uncomfortable task whenever possible, and do a horrible, nervous-looking job when she can't get out of it so no one will expect her to do it too often.

The extremely nervous-seeming woman giving those very, very short "speeches" is a far cry from the exhibitionist we saw walking down a runway in her underwear. Waity being nervous is a BS act IMO. I think she botches these things on purpose to manipulate the people close to her (Willy and the RF, etc.) to feel sympathy for her and hence not expect her to do that kind of "work" too often. I know some of the articles about Waity's fear of public speaking have claimed that in private, she's a "great communicator"... But IMO, she's just a sociopath manipulator.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2015, 08:54:13 am »

thumbsup
starsailor
Countess

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2015, 10:45:18 am »

This sounds like a prelude to 'she can't cope with royal life and wants a normal life with the kids in Dingley Dell'  laugh
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2015, 03:05:17 pm »

I'm guessing the PW poster was in high school and the Levi's guy was at university. I think it would be very weird to have a poster of him in her dorm room when he lived in the same building and was in her social circle.

She had a poster of William on her wall at Marlborough, confirmed by other students. KM lied later in the engagement interview, but there were lots of lies in that interview.

TB: There's a story that goes around that you had a picture of him on your wall.
William: There wasn't just one, there was about 20.
Miss Middleton: He wishes. No, I had the Levis guy on my wall, not a picture of William, sorry.
William: It was me in Levis honestly.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2015, 03:14:05 pm »

Kate's 'fear' is one she's always had - having to get off her idle backside and do something that she doesn't want to do because it doesn't interest her. And yes, she must be aware of how inadequate she is.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2015, 06:39:18 pm »

^ITA perhaps this thread should be renamed Kate's "fear" of Working
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: