Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 09:49:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Carl Philip and Sofia expecting first child ~ Christening 2016  (Read 16536 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2016, 10:36:36 am »

Alexander Erik Hubertus

And Im reading that he was given the dukedom reserved to the head of the house... if true the king really has a problem.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
india
Princess

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2016, 10:46:08 am »

Uh oh. What does this mean ?
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2016, 11:49:29 am »

That the king is an idiot and poor Victoria has to suffer being given second place again

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2016, 12:36:35 pm »

^ Why will she?  eating cookies

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2016, 04:24:13 pm »

Yes, but she had the black hair on her last engagement before she gave birth.   When did she lighten the color?

Alexander Erik Hubertus

And Im reading that he was given the dukedom reserved to the head of the house... if true the king really has a problem.

That he does.   Always favoring his poor widdle boy who was robbed!  yes, robbed! of being king and now a mere female -- two females! -- in line for the throne.   I hope he does not show marked favoritism toward this grandchild.  Nothing good will come of it.     bored3
india
Princess

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2016, 10:43:38 pm »

So please someone explain this to me: Is Estelle the future queen or is Alexander the future king?
beline
courtier

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2016, 11:07:33 pm »

The order of succession in Sweden is currently the following :
Victoria, Carl Philip's older sister,
Her children  : Estelle and her little brother Oscar,
Then Carl Philip and Alexander,
And then Madeleine and her children Leonore and Nicholas.

Estelle is the Heir's heir.
Alexander is the firstborn child of the fourth-in-line.

Edit :actually Alexander is in the same place in the succession line than Beatrice of York was before George and Charlotte's births.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:11:38 pm by beline » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2016, 11:49:48 pm »

^I'm really sorry but I'm still confused as to the line of succession but thank you!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
beline
courtier

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2016, 08:01:01 am »

Wikipedia explains it better than me!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_succession_to_the_Swedish_throne#Line_of_succession
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2016, 01:34:01 pm »

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/04/the-first-offical-photo-of-prince.html?m=1

First photo

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2016, 03:22:54 pm »

So cute!  flower

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2016, 03:41:06 pm »

^It is a cute, and appropriate, photo.  Just the baby.   thumbsup

^^^Thank you!  I think I get it now.  Sorta/kinda.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2016, 05:06:00 am »

He looks like Carl did as a baby:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a8/a4/09/a8a4094e7f4ee7fba58426fa08e6d03f.jpg
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2016, 11:03:59 am »

Nice to see it is all about the baby and not the parents, a very welcome change.  Yes, he does look a lot like his father, no denying that one.  Such a little cutie, hope we get regular photos like we do with Estelle, Leonor and the two other little ones born recently. 
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2016, 01:55:35 pm »

There's resemblance between him and Carl as a baby. Cute? Maybe in a couple of months. So far Oscar and Nicolas are the only ones I thought were cute babies right off the bat. I hope Oscar continues to look Daniel. That would be so cute! Estelle looks like Victoria. A set of mini replicas but we'll see.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2016, 02:40:14 pm »

I think that Nicolas was the better looking baby from the boys but until a couple of years we won't know how they will look.

The line of succession is quite simple Victoria will be queen then her children so Estelle and then Oscar. Then there is Carl Phillip and his children. Afterwards is Madde and her children. Only if Victoria and her two children die Carl Phillip would be king.

The more I think about it the more I find it awful that Carl Gustaf couldn't give this dukedom to Oscar or even Estelle. Carl Phillip looked the happiest since the wedding but Victoria had a weird look during the ceremony. I think that when CG dies and Victoria is queen lots of things will change in Sweden.

Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2016, 03:19:35 pm »

I think the baby looks a lot like Sofia's father in this one photo.   However, babies change a lot.   But it would be quite fitting, in my opinion, if the baby turned out to be the spitting image of Sofia's father and looked nothing like the royal family, which would annoy CG to no end.   

I'm sure Madeliene and Victoria felt the sting of their father's action with the dukedom.  But they are used to it, at least.  Maddie had an excuse to not be present at the service and I think that the huge bow on Victoria's head was a middle finger to Sofia.   eating cookies
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2016, 04:11:50 pm »

^ thankyou, Alexandrine re the line of succession.  I've got it now.  And, you're right, I was making it more complicated than it needed to be. 

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2016, 09:32:30 am »

Photos of CG, Sofia and the baby

Natural and in love with their child.  You can´t fake that, no matter how hard pr try to spin it for council cath and bill medd  -  it does not exist with them.  It is just there.  Love the dog, what a cutie pie.

http://princessmonarchy.eklablog.com/nouveau-portrait-de-famille-du-prince-carl-philip-et-la-princesse-sofi-a125893646
india
Princess

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2016, 12:47:33 pm »

Fabulous Pictures. Sofia has grown into her role. She is moving very quickly away from her indelicate past. Bravo Sofia. Oh, how refreshing to see a real baby not a Reborn Doll. And the overwhelming love these parents have for him is totally evident. Nothing Fake Here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: