Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 12:10:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Carl Philip and Sofia expecting first child ~ Christening 2016  (Read 8662 times)
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2016, 12:59:05 am »

I think she had a bad upbringing and probably didn't know what to do with herself. Wasn't she like 16 at her first nude photo shoot (parents had to sign off on it or something)? Maybe she had daddy issues and liked the male attention she was getting from exposing herself?  dontknow  sob  thumbsdown

The babies are cute and it's going to be nice for them to grow up with a cousin who is the same age. Only 1 1/2 months apart.

The timeline for Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha is a bit off. It should say 1908-1972, not 1889-1965. Queen Silvia was born in 1943.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2016, 08:03:46 am »

All I want to say is that I think she does her best in SRF but of course we can't see behind the doors. None of us.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2016, 08:21:20 pm »

The only off thing about the christening is imo the weird stares between CP and Sophia. other than that - the baby's pretty, the parents are happy and proud, Sophia is dressed appropriately. Even though Sophia wore laced dress, she couldn't upstage Victoria who was impeccable as always.Even if the two sisters don't like her - so what. She's married to CP, not them. She entered this marriage with nothing and srf was generous to her so that she doesn't feel fully dependent on them,  so what? she's not suitable but CP loves her and that is enough. She's not going to rule the country, so as long as CP is happy, I don't see a problem. she tries her best and is not doing a bad job at it. that is more than enough imo.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2016, 08:45:30 pm »

I think she had a bad upbringing and probably didn't know what to do with herself. Wasn't she like 16 at her first nude photo shoot (parents had to sign off on it or something)? Maybe she had daddy issues and liked the male attention she was getting from exposing herself?  dontknow  sob  thumbsdown

I agree; I think her parents failed her and failed to make her feel like a worthy person beyond her body and frankly that is why these girls do this. I do think she's gone about her royal life with no scandal and it's not like she's not working and contributing and if CP is happy, so be it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2016, 11:47:26 pm »

Prince Alexander of Sweden: Official Christening Photos
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/09/prince-alexander-of-sweden-official.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2016, 09:57:24 am »

So cute!  flower Nice family.

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2016, 07:52:22 pm »

They are a beautiful family.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
LadyLaura
Baroness

« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2016, 08:12:33 pm »

They really are a family worth looking at, all of them. That little Princess Estelle is such a cutie, always so happy  flower
india
Princess

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2016, 02:25:47 pm »

You can feel the goodness in them.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2016, 04:28:31 pm »

The christening of Alexander was as amusing as I'd hoped.   The Swedish Royal women all showed that they are no pushovers and in their own quiet dignified ways sent the message to the public that Sofia is not one of them.

First, Crown Princess Victoria was asked to be a godmother.  Not unexpected, but she showed no particular joy or enthusiasm.  She had on her resigned "duty" face and did her duty.  She kept her interaction with Sofia to a bare minimum.  She had her son Oscar on her lap during the ceremony in, I feel, a reminder that the heir to the throne had a male heir, and she wore a plain dress and headband as compared to her normal way of dressing as a godmother (i.e., Leo's christening).

Next we have Madeleine.  Always a fashion plate.   She chose a print dress with a peter pan collar.   Ha!   Lovely and expensive dress, but not what we are used to seeing Madde in at these occasions.

And now the queen.  Silvia was unlike her usual elegant, fashionable self by wearing a skirt with a jacket just a shade enough off in color to be jarring.   Again, a "nice" outfit but not as stylish as normal.

Yes, the Swedish royal women gave the slap down to Sofia.  In an elegant and well-mannered fashion, to be sure, but quite obvious. 

And, speaking of elegant and well-mannered, let's turn to the one who was not:   Sofia's mother.   She chose a dress two sizes too small so that her fat rolls were apparent to all and sat in the church with her legs apart.  She's a classy one.   And that is Sofia's future right there. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cr5-ceLWEAAmob9.jpg:large

Yes, it was a funny occasion.  But, thankfully, it is over, and Sofia will have to find another way to get some attention for herself.
india
Princess

« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2016, 11:18:37 pm »

I expect Sofia will not morph into her mother.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2016, 12:24:14 am »

I don't think Sofia will gain weight because she's been taught from a young age that her value comes from her appearance/sex appeal. But I could see her doing something less than classy in the future.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2016, 07:43:18 pm »

^ Age comes to us all, and genetics will out!     tehe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2016, 10:41:13 pm »

Who knows but I had similar thoughts Miss H

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2016, 08:13:04 am »

^^ Sofia has a lot of money at her disposal. Like celebrities, she could hire a personal trainer and dietitian to make sure her weight always stays low. There is a reason why actresses and models always stay thin even as their peers gain weight with age.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2016, 02:40:02 pm »

^ There are many out-of-shape, overweight middleaged actresses and models.  Sometimes genetics is too much to overcome and sometimes the women accept the aging process and are comfortable in their skins, not wanting to undertake a grueling regimen.    Sofia has never been one to work out, as can be seen by her body.  So, she will have to take on this discipline for the first time, and she is not a disciplined person.  We shall see. 
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2016, 07:44:03 pm »

Maria Teresa of Luxembourg and her children are an example.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2016, 11:52:05 pm »

For the christening of Prince Alexander, I like the historic items traditionally used during the christening: Prince Frederik Adolf's crown from 1771 and the Royal Order of the Seraphim created by King Frederick I in 1748.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: