Royal Gossip
September 20, 2017, 12:02:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Carl Philip and Sofia expecting first child ~ Christening 2016  (Read 10075 times)
beline
courtier

« on: October 15, 2015, 12:08:38 pm »

http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/royalfamily/latestnews/latestnews/theprincecoupleisexpectingachild.5.29fa33114fdfcd3887f4a.html

Just as I expected. A baby right after the wedding. She's due in April.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:29:33 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 01:15:38 pm »

Good news. Things can work out unexpectedly.

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 01:39:37 pm »

I think this is good news and very natural for them both to want a family now.   flower

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 02:12:48 pm »

This is going to be soooo delicious!    easter-bunny
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 07:00:26 pm »

Betcha a certain someone tossed her green juice in jealousy this morning  spy
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 09:29:28 pm »

celebration
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 09:51:24 pm »

This is going to be soooo delicious!    easter-bunny

so much gossip for the new christening

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 10:12:17 pm »

^ The entire pregnancy will provide lots of gossip, Alexandrine!    Loads of fun.    flower
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 10:13:30 pm »

^First the nobels, she is going to milk the limelight but as Victoria is also pregnant it's going to be difficult  shifty

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 10:14:56 pm »

^ The entire pregnancy will provide lots of gossip, Alexandrine!    Loads of fun.    flower

How I wish I could join in the fun, sadly I know diddly about the Swedish Royal family.  bye sob

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 10:15:49 pm »

^join us! They are fun and now it's interesting with Sophia in the mix. There is also two pregnancies which means future royal events and gossip.

Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 12:20:10 am »

Oops just posted on the general thread...

http://www.celebitchy.com/452043/princess_sofia_of_sweden_announces_her_first_pregnancy_shes_due_in_april/
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 12:35:19 am »

How I wish I could join in the fun, sadly I know diddly about the Swedish Royal family.  bye sob

It won't take you long to read up on them, Emperor!   Lots here and all over the internet.   You'll be up to speed in no time.   Kiss
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 03:43:48 am »

Grabs a seat and popcorn.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 08:54:52 am »

haha the green juice. it was a good one.

Gosh, Sophia must have waited for this moment her entire 5 years of dating CP .... and the people's favorite royal is already pregnant  easter-bunny
...popcorn's ready
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 12:54:55 pm »

Betcha a certain someone tossed her green juice in jealousy this morning  spy

huh  easter-sly

I wonder who the father is?

Victoria is the only REAL royal pregnant in Sweden, not this grasping thing.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 04:35:27 pm »

Alexandrine mentioned in the christening thread that CP looked out of sorts/out of it/distracted at the ceremony.   Did he not say in the pre-wedding interview in June that he wanted to wait before starting a family?   I wonder if Sofia engineered this pregnancy to 1) secure her position in the family (which means she is very insecure considering the speed this happened); 2) to get attention (which failed because Vic announced HER pregnancy and that is the one that will garner the most attention); and 3) to bring to a halt marital relations with CP, whom she pulls away from more often than not when he is being affectionate  (not tonight, dear, I'm feeling nauseous)??   And, is that why CP looked off at the ceremony because he's already been booted out of bed and is wondering what in the blazes happened to his well-laid plans? 

And, since Sofia has lived by her body since age 16, what will pregnancy and motherhood do to her relationship with CP and CG?   What if she gains 70 lbs. and can't lose it?  What if her tush drops?   Well, the mind boggles at the various scenarios that could play out.   It's a good thing that "someone" bought her that apartment in Capetown to fall back on. . . just in case!    eating cookies
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 04:56:57 pm »

that's a bit too much Miss Hathaway.
as a woman - I can only be happy for Sophia for getting pregnant so quickly.
CP might be distracted because he is 'not ready' to become a father ...like 99% of men who are somehow surprised when their gf/wife gets pregnant. as if they do not have a clue how babies are made  tehe
CP should be happy - a baby is always a good thing, especially at his age.
besides I like how the Swedish rf is getting bigger and bigger. with our declining birth rate - this is a very good example.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 06:37:40 pm »

Not at all, ariel.  Sofia has never had an unintended pregnancy before when she has had plenty of opportunity to have one.  It stretches the bounds of reason to believe that she "accidentally" got pregnant on her honeymoon.   I believe she fully intended to get pregnant, and CP is shocked that she is.   In my opinion, it is best that both the husband and the wife are on the same page on a matter as important as this, don't you agree?   Since CP said he wanted to wait a bit, it was very selfish of Sofia to jump the gun.

I don't feel a bit sorry for him.    bored3
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 07:44:42 pm »

The remark of CP could also have been meant to distract the press.

If he would have said: "Oh yes, we will be starting a family right away", the press would have started a 24/7 watch on any curves with Sofia. And plenty of people have a hard time to conceive and if that would have been the case with CP and Sofia, the last thing the couple would need is a country that is constantly looking for signs of a pregnancy, including articles that may even be hurtfull for a couple that is eager to conceive but unlucky so far.

And he must have seen the troubles his elder sister has had in conceiving and the hurt it must have caused her, so he may have tried to not place too much pressure on Sofia. Because every OB/GYN will tell you that extra pressure will make it even harder for a woman to conceive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: