Royal Gossip
July 23, 2017, 03:45:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry's Engagements (01/10/2015 - )  (Read 11239 times)
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2015, 07:34:37 pm »

touché  tehe tehe

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Adeline
Baroness

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2015, 08:43:09 pm »

I thought the Beckhams were supposedly BFFs with William and Kate? Why didn't David invite them? Oh right, I forgot their too busy saving the world.  bored3
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2015, 09:21:57 pm »

Watch David Beckham's UNICEF Match for Children with behind the scenes footage from Old Trafford
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sP9Zv-qH8E

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2015, 02:03:52 pm »

Programme details for Prince Harry's tour of Lesotho and South Africa
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/media/press-releases/programme-details-prince-harrys-tour-of-lesotho-and-south-africa

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2015, 01:33:41 pm »

I wanted to be the bad boy': Prince Harry reveals he didn't 'enjoy school at all' as he meets children trying to escape gang culture at correction centre in South Africa

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3339110/Prince-Harry-meets-Desmond-Tutu-four-day-tour-South-Africa.html#ixzz3syuqaJiw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2015, 05:50:44 pm »

Prince Harry plays soccer with Khayelitsha kids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0yCCrrw2I4

LOL AWWW how the kids first thought it was going be harry from harry potter

Britain's Prince Harry visits Archbishop Desmond Tutu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohuKwWeSKfc

Heartbreaking moment crying little girl dragged away from Prince Harry because she won't leave him alone
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/heartbreaking-moment-crying-little-girl-6928057#ICID=sharebar_twitter
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:55:27 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

livylivy
Countess

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2015, 08:54:14 pm »

loveshower

This is a new article i didn t find here:

http://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/princeharry/action-packed-day-for-prince-harry-as-he-bestows-desmond-tutu-with-companion-of-honour-award-56372
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2015, 03:19:06 pm »

Angry Prince Harry Sees Rhinos Slaughtered for Their Horns: 'This Belongs to South Africa and It's Been Stolen'
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20970508,00.html

Prince Harry releases images from Africa trip to highlight threat to wildlife
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/dec/02/prince-harry-releases-images-from-africa-trip-to-highlight-threat-to-wildlife

Harry's heartbreak at Africa's slaughtered animals: Prince hugs a sedated elephant and reacts with horror at the bodies of a rhino and her calf who were killed by poachers at Kruger National Park

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3342466/Prince-Harry-shocked-carcass-mother-rhino-baby-slaughtered-poachers-Kruger-National-Park.html#ixzz3tB2SMJ9f

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2015, 05:50:42 pm »

^Very commendable, but how about the animals he has killed, and continues to kill, they are no different, killing is killing.  Very hypocriical IMO.  Why cry for one and not the other.  The poor deer he killed might have had a fawn waiting for her return, same difference.  No doubt he will be attending the annual Boxing Day killing spree at Sandringham.  bignono
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2015, 06:21:27 pm »

It's called hunting for food and population control, all the birds caught at the hunt are eaten. Would you prefer them to buy whatever chickens from the market jacked up on growth hormones and antibiotics that taste like sh*t? What about the annual culling of deer in America or the people who hunt for food up in Alaska and so on, you want them to stop too? If you're going to call out Harry on it you have to call out all the other hunters too and paint them all with the same paintbrush TCP painting easter egg if your ancestors hadn't hunted for food, you wouldn't be here. eating cookies
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2015, 06:41:52 pm »

Speech by Prince Harry at the South African Wildlife College, Kruger National Park, South Africa

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome here this morning.

As someone who cares deeply about conservation, Africa and the protection of endangered animals, I look up to rangers with a huge amount of respect, knowing the hardships you face on a daily basis.

This summer I was able to spend several months working with you and your peers here at Kruger and in places across southern Africa. My love of Africa has never been any secret – it’s just been a huge part of my private life. I’ve always wanted to keep it like that until I had the experience of age to give something back to a place that has given me and so many others the freedom and space we all crave. This continent has given me thousands of happy memories since 1997 and for that I am indebted to it.

After a summer working alongside rangers, I now fully understand the skill you bring to your work, the sacrifices you and your families make for you to do it, and the perseverance you demonstrate every day in the face of huge challenge. To those of you graduating today can I say congratulations – you are part of a profession that cannot be appreciated enough and that is dealing with very difficult circumstances. In my view: rangers are heroes. I hope you are incredibly proud of your achievements.

Kruger is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Its animals are a huge part of South Africa's economy. Across all of Africa 80% of tourism revenue is dependent on people coming to see iconic wildlife.

But in recent years Kruger has also become a major killing field. The numbers of rhinos poached in South Africa has grown by nearly 500% in just five years, with most of these occurring in Kruger. Already this year 1,500 rhinos have been killed in this country. That is four every day. If current poaching rates continue there will be no wild African elephants or rhinos left by the time children born this year, like my niece, Charlotte, turn 25. If we let this happen, the impact on the long-term prosperity of this country and on the natural heritage of the planet will be enormous and irreversible.

Demand for rhino horn and ivory on the other side of the Earth is fuelling this carnage. Bad taste in fashion and decoration, and disproven beliefs in medicine are leading some people to covet animal products with no care for the consequences. People are willing to let a species go extinct so they can have an ivory trinket, Rhino horn doorstop or get a supposed cure for a headache.

The market value for rhino horn has grown significantly and has created a huge incentive for desperate people to risk their lives for a payday from ruthless criminal traffickers.

In the face of this, it would be easy to become despondent - but all of you here today know that we must not. We can win this battle. This is a test for all humanity and we cannot afford to fail. Nature needs us to fight her battles and in this case, protect her animals, some of which have been on this planet for tens of thousands of years.

I have seen for myself that you and your fellow rangers are doing everything in your power to turn this tide, and we must support your efforts in whatever way we can.

My brother, William, is working at a global level to encourage countries like America and China to lead the way in ending demand for ivory and rhino horn and to help African nations with the resources they need to beat the traffickers.

Next week in London, he will host a global taskforce of transportation firms, government agencies, and wildlife experts to agree an ambitious plan to shutdown global trafficking routes. William has put the fate of endangered species back on the agenda of governments, companies, and NGOs around the world. I am incredibly proud of what he is achieving and will do whatever I can to support him.

I know that here in South Africa the Government is committed to do even more to protect its animals and economy. I have heard from many of you how important the legal framework is if you are to effectively stop poachers before they strike. This should be viewed as a time of war and you need laws that are up to the challenge.

South African leadership in this regard has set an example for others to follow, just as the South African Environment Minister Edna Molewa did last week in challenging the recent court ruling that people should be allowed to buy and sell rhino horn. It’s not for me to second guess a court or the legal reasons behind its decision, but what I strongly believe is that the legalisation of rhino horn trading will accelerate the path to extinction.

In addition to stronger laws and global action to stem transport routes and reduce demand, we need to do more to help those of you on the frontline of the conservation battle. I am delighted to announce today that my brother’s United for Wildlife partnership will work with, and fund, the Southern African Wildlife College so that its graduates are equipped with the best techniques and technologies available to protect some of the world’s most endangered species.

There is no pretending that any of this will be easy. It won't be. But when we win this battle and reverse the rise in poaching, the victory will belong first and foremost to those of you here on the frontlines. So let me thank you for all you have done and all you will do.

Thank you.
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/media/speeches/speech-prince-harry-the-south-african-wildlife-college-kruger-national-park-south

Prince Harry speaks up for endangered rhinos after seeing massacre in South Africa
http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/623737/Prince-Harry-speaks-endangered-rhinos-massacre-South-Africa

They need to start at the root of the problem .no matter how much William and Harry talk about saving the rhinos so George and Charlotte will be able to see them .people won't stop

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2015, 08:59:29 pm »

^THAT's how you construct a speech.  Don't know who wrote it but it's flawless.  Opens/closes with appreciation, is on point, shows where the program has been/is going. Good job Harry and Co.   thumbsup

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2015, 09:25:52 pm »

thumbsup good job by  me too!

@ gingerboy
hello, i' m vegan ( well i' m trying to be, sometimes i eat milk, especially in biscuits but i' m definitely vegetarian) so i understand so well what you say. The point to me it' s that people discriminate some kinds of species: we eat pigs which are very very smart animal, but it would be absolutely inconceivable eating for example dogs because we reckon them as pet. Harry made with rhino the same : he just reckons chickens, pigs and so on as food, dogs and cats as pets and rhinos, lion and giraffes as endangered species, which mustn' t be killed to avoid their extintion.
Sure, if he didn' t go hunting his speech would have been much more meaningful ( i didn' t know he did it).
I hope someday all the animal would be considered the same, as living creatures BackOnTopic
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2015, 04:43:29 pm »

And whatever the lady’s drinking: Harry hits the bar after being impressed by a hip-hop singer performing in Johannesburg (but he only ordered a lemonade)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3344164/President-Jacob-Zuma-wife-meet-Prince-Harry-South-Africa.html#ixzz3tHDj0WrZ

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2015, 05:05:46 pm »

Prince Harry at the Neslon Mandela Foundation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EXWBJ4qW0A

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2015, 05:57:24 pm »

A speech by Prince Harry at the Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/media/speeches/speech-prince-harry-the-nelson-mandela-centre-of-memory

Prince Harry tells schoolchildren 'don't follow me in the bad things I do, only the good things'
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-harry-tells-schoolchildren-dont-6947989#ICID=sharebar_twitter

livylivy
Countess

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2015, 09:58:02 pm »

:flower:Harry inherited all Diana' s charisma and deep soul loveshower
Harry' s doing such a great job hug
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2015, 12:03:42 am »

^ Look at how happy people are when they meet Harry! He is charismatic and people of all ages and both sexes respond to him. I really think Harry has turned a new page in his life. IMO he's really matured in the past couple of years and is showing it every day during this tour as he did in Aus/New Zealand.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2015, 12:06:44 am »

The prince was drawn to the picture of his mother. He went straight to it when he walked through the door. He wanted to know when it was taken.’

‘Happy smiles, big smiles,’ Harry said, as he looked at the photo
http://royaltyofftherecord.tumblr.com/post/134487551344/princeh3nry-the-prince-was-drawn-to-the

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2015, 08:53:50 pm »

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral
Prince Harry will visit Mildmay, a dedicated HIV hospital and charity in east London, on 14 December, Kensington Palace announce.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: