Royal Gossip
November 15, 2018, 04:58:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Send women's prison September 25  (Read 10364 times)
Lindsay
Baroness

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 12:15:29 am »

Select journalist knew ahead of time on the condition they didn't tell any one beforehand.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 01:14:46 am »

This is the quite normal procedure - to make a number of 'private' or 'secret' visits first - to get a feel for what is needed etc and then to make the 'big public visit' that gets the media coverage.

As I said earlier, my friend's sister works with a number of charities in the Cambridge area and told me that Kate has made a number of 'secret' visits to those charities but no official public visit - yet. When she does they will get a full media coverage.

Camilla did this with the 'violent physical attack kits' development remember - she visited a number of times, secretly, and then the big splash of the announcement of the kits - but how did she know what the victims felt was needed - by making the secret visits first, which triggered a desire to help.

A note about her outfits - while The Queen lives it will be almost a 'rule' in the family that only dresses/skirts are worn for official engagements. She is 'old school' and sets the tone. At more relaxed events - such as the Windsor Horse Show (not an official event) we see Sophie in slacks sometimes but not on official visits. The Queen was raised by Queen Mary to believe that when making visits making an impression, standing out so she can be seen etc was important and dressing 'like a lady' was also essential - and thus dresses or skirts on official visits and never slacks.

Maybe when Camilla is setting the dress standards slacks may be permitted but I suspect it won't be until Kate herself is Queen that the females may wear slacks.

There is also a lot of criticism that Charles always wears suits - often again to events where maybe a more relaxed attitude would be more appropriate but again he is 'old school' and so 'suits' and not more casual clothing.

It is almost like their 'working uniform'.

Why visit wasn't announced in advance is to do, I suspect with a number of things - one would be security, two would be limiting the media access, three would be the fact that she is 'prickly' and maybe they didn't want to announce it in case she cancelled at the last minute, upsetting people.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2015, 03:15:13 am »

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess was at Send Women's Prison today to see how @RAPtcharity is working to help prisoners addicted to drugs or alcohol.

women prisoners how they became addicts, and how addiction played a role in their offending.

Prisoner Cell Block HRH: Duchess of Cambridge makes secret visit to women's jail in Surrey to meet inmates battling alcohol and drug addiction

The Duchess of Cambridge became Prisoner Cell Block HRH today as she made a secret visit to a women’s prison.

Kate was whisked into HMP Send, near Woking, Surrey, amid a media blackout to meet inmates battling alcohol and drugs addiction.

It was an unusually gritty official engagement for the 33-year-old royal, who has never stepped through the doors of a jail before.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3248853/Duchess-Cambridge-Kate-Middleton-makes-secret-visit-women-s-jail-HMP-Send-Surrey-meet-inmates-battling-alcohol-drug-addiction.html

Wasty always had a fantasy about being someone's prison b%tch.  Cool  sorry  spy

You too could wear Ralph Lauren when you get paroled.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:19:40 am by Snowpea » Logged
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 04:45:26 am »

I think Wasty's visits are considered  "private" because no one shows up to see her.

I haven't played since I stopped
Val
Princess

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 07:37:11 am »

^

Exactly and there is a limit to how many times rentamob can be employed.   Same faces keep appearing and also when schools and care homes are commissioned to bus people in, inevitably people talk.  As mentioned too, no one is going to fawn over Waity particukarly on this occasion when she comes from a similar background and has criminals in her own family.  She and willy were allegedly serious drug takers in their time too.
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 08:35:58 am »

@meememe : It is a very interesting post which can soften my opinion of Kate if it is proven she had done a number of secret visits. Furthermore, it is good pointing out Queen Mary and the Queen have influence on the royals' wardrobe. It is a shame Queen Mary never knew helicopters or aircraft in general !
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 01:19:22 pm »

If the Queen only lets royals wear dresses and skirts, please explain this:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/15/25B5172000000578-0-image-a-6_1424016301993.jpg

http://royalista.com/wp-content/images/102263/full/1431427276/sophie-countess-of-wessex_official-work--h=500.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/05/1409932800366_wps_27_Mandatory_Credit_Photo_by.jpg

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/451167024-sophie-countess-of-wessex-watches-teams-from-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QZ6thrcUmoNGDN9yAZYTZZpCmyVECLoZzB9R68DAq9P6bFiFmbmGIlwA5jrcQ6g9Bg%3D%3D

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/149437495-princess-anne-princess-royal-as-queen-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QeFOvmJ8VM2GKMj39HHwLDUXfWLBcEepoA3wZmKpKn67fp4l0I7tqtiahggFBZRPrw%3D%3D

It's not like Kate is known for respecting the Queen's wishes, anyway - that's been proven with the lack of weighted hems, thigh high slits etc.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2015, 02:40:48 pm »

Those photos of Anne and Sophie are all at sporting events. These events are more casual than a visit to a prison which is a formal event.

Not all photos of the royals are at events that are official either.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 03:08:30 pm »

http://38.media.tumblr.com/a0f4855a12a397de8bfba77fda013839/tumblr_nv8w7o0Tvp1tfwi67o2_400.gif
Wasty doing some hairflipping with her starched fringe. Lips Sealed
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 04:12:33 pm »

Those photos of Anne and Sophie are all at sporting events. These events are more casual than a visit to a prison which is a formal event.

Not all photos of the royals are at events that are official either.

It was supposedly a 'secret engagement', and certainly not an opportunity to show off your new white designer dress.

This was Sophie at an official engagement, looking smart. http://royalista.com/wp-content/images/102263/full/1431427276/sophie-countess-of-wessex_official-work--h=500.jpg

And, like I said, Waity never follows HM's dressing rules.
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 04:36:15 pm »

This wasn't a behind-the-scenes "secret" fact-finding meeting. It has been shown time and again that the FEW times she does "secret" things, we end up getting photos of them later and they end up in the Court Circular after the fact.  She doesn't do behind-the-scenes work like other royals do and she rarely does front-and-center work either.

This was regular royal engagement, but it wasn't put on the calendar due to so-called security concerns.  A set of RPOs and a prison worth of security guards can't keep her safe for an hour so we have to keep the meeting secret? One of them should have taken away her spike heels and checked her for an underwire bra, as neither of those are allowed in prisons.

I think it is another PR ruse from Jason, to try to quiet the rumors about how she really doesn't do anything. Trying to make people think that "secret meetings" are taking place all the time when they aren't. Quiet the talk of the cancellations and refusals to attend meetings.  Her photographed shopping sans kids but still not working. Going to a cancelled yachting event, plenty of rugby, and a Bond premiere. And now the new story cropping up about how the staff can't put anything on her calendar because the Prickly Princess backs out most of the time.

Added note: Sophie in slacks in Qatar, on duty and NOT a casual or sporting event. British royals can and do wear trousers on duty, and not just at sporting events.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02743/sophie-wessex_2743782b.jpg

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 04:42:23 pm by My2Pence » Logged
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 06:05:15 pm »

Excellent posts ladies.
I believe that all of her public engagements are for pr purposes. She never appears to be genually interested in what's going on only making sure to look at the cameras, imo. Waity's staff have to be scrambling trying to make this chick appear something of substance as it's said that she's taking on more grittier causes. Of course it wont work because people clearly see that she's nothing but fluff. Her staff must be worried about how long they'll be able to keep their jobs because I really don't see how she'll be able to use charities to only help with her pr. The joke also is the statement after she left the prison. Judging her poor speak skill, heck, her conversational skills, there's no way she said what the statement said that she said, imo.

Keep Calm and Carry On
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 11:34:34 pm »

^"As I said earlier, my friend's sister works with a number of charities in the Cambridge area and told me that Kate has made a number of 'secret' visits to those charities but no official public visit - yet. When she does they will get a full media coverage."

No offense, but I think your friend's sister is mistaken. No way has Kate been making secret charity visits. She spent the summer (supposedly) just drawing & scuba diving, getting plastic surgery & staying home due to "looking after herself. she just needs to make sure she's okay." If Kate did make secret visits, she wouldn't ask stupid questions during the later public visits. There's a good reason why she gets a private briefing when she shows up at the public ones; I read somewhere she got one after arriving at the Freud Centre. She's the royal equivalent of those slackers on Judge Judy who claim "I said I would pay you back one day. And I will. But I didn't sign a paper saying 'will pay back by 9/26/15', so I have forever to pay you back, boo yah"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:37:35 pm by FortressODaveBarry » Logged
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 12:33:25 am »

I liked the idea of the visit, but once again her outfit was such a distraction. Ditch the 5+ inch heels; here's proof that she can wear a shorter heel...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1365832/Prince-William-sports-scruffy-old-trainers-fine-dining-fianc-e-Kate-Middleton.html

...and leave the clutch or hand it over to Rebecca. She is even holding it while sitting down!  blink

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/09/25/13/2CC1632700000578-3248853-image-m-66_1443183164533.jpg

I don't know where she put it in this pic...  nervous

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/09/25/13/2CC15F0B00000578-3248853-image-a-64_1443183112758.jpg
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2015, 01:49:41 am »

Kensington Palace Verified account
‏@KensingtonRoyal

The Duchess said: "I am grateful to the women I met for sharing their difficult personal stories with me"
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPwDCQLWgAEf4qQ.jpg

if Kate lean anymore she would be in the next seat

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 01:03:59 pm »

^  In spite of "their difficult personal stories" she was very cheerful.

FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 02:19:31 pm »

^Juggers better get to work. He'll be pulling his hair out once everyone cottons onto "She looked afraid the black lady would steal her ugly clutch. And wait, does she have any POC friends to begin with ?"
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2015, 04:25:52 pm »

@ FODB, I posted this back in August, quite interesting.  And this info is from a woman who did senior level charity work in the Cambridge area and in London, still very active and involved, and who also keeps in touch with the charities in that area, as well as London.

Duchess Kate Causing Concern and Exasperation among Royal Family and CourtiersAs
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2015, 02:08:26 pm »
Sorry mods, ran out of edit time.

No wonder we never believe the lies they push out about her charities.

I think one of her main problems (among many others) is her laziness  -  it must drive them absolutely scatty, and looks as though no hope of her ever changing now, not this far down the line.  For example, I read a couple of weeks ago, not sure if twitter,  that wasty allegedly visited, secretly, some of her charities in Cambridge.  Mentioned it to my friend in Norfolk, who lives pretty near Cambridge, and she said she had heard/read nothing about it, however they were all attending a family get together and she would ask her aunt, well connected with charity work in the area, if she knew or had heard  anything.  Got an email from her last night, and this is what she told me.

My aunt used to work for a charity in Cambridge.   She knows the place very well and still has many contacts there.  Although the children's hospice started at Milton on the outskirts of Cambridge it is now the East Anglian Children's Hospices movement and its focus is in Norwich in particular and Ipswich as well as Cambridge.  There is no other charity kate is connected to in Cambridge or thereabouts.

Further she would  advise a look at their annual reports as income to the charity is going down, not up.  Ed Sheeran and his mum raise more money for the movement - Ed through donations of his designer wear and music royalties, his mum makes wristbands for them as well as the Elizabeth Hospice which is in her area and is for adults.  The Sheerans live not far from my aunt, who in turn lives not overly far from Sandringham.

My aunt in fact worked for a kidney charity and was involved in lots of events nationally and in Cambridge area and the charity also  worked with Addenbrookes, GOSH and other big London hospitals where they funded research grants.  Powerful and informative lady who still has excellent contacts.

Very odd that nobody in the local charity world in Norfolk appears to have any knowledge at all about kate making secret visits to any charities in that area.  Rather strange as the charity workers are a very close knit group down here and it is rare that anything escapes them, even secret visits get known locally even if they never make the press nationally.

So, seems more than possible that there have been any secret visits whatsoever and pr spinning mores lies to cover the fact that wasty does zilch, zero, other than laze around and be waited on hand add foot by a bevy of servants.  Nice if you can get it, and funded by the poor old hardworking taxpayer.
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2015, 04:47:51 pm »

‏@KensingtonRoyal

The Duchess said: "I am grateful to the women I met for sharing their difficult personal stories with me"

Isn't it obvious.... KP got called out too.

@RoyalForumMoron
Given your body language , you wonder. twitter.com/kensingtonroya…

buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2015, 05:55:21 pm »

‏@KensingtonRoyal

Yikes, that body language. Such a far cry from Diana. :/

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: