Royal Gossip
May 24, 2017, 08:46:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The shopping topic III  (Read 10295 times)
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2017, 10:27:17 pm »

In any case, whatever Kate wears, she tends to ruin the look with her terrible accessories and tragic posture.  Such a shame.   dontknow
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2017, 11:27:54 pm »

I don't really pay attention to designers, but I don't think Kate dresses very well. She should get a stylist and also gain 15-20 lbs, it would look good on her and she didn't look so masculine when she was bigger. She would also be in the lower end of the normal range instead of being underweight, which would be a better example to young girls who look up to her. I think her clothes would fit her better, more flattering to her figure. Women's clothes are designed for the 'banana' shape (runway model body type) and she has become 'inverted triangle' (and not in the good/athletic way like Jessica Biel) due to her being so underweight.

Re: designers, I think British should be preferred but if she wants to wear a foreign designer sometimes I don't see a problem with that.  dontknow
Demeter
royal watcher

« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2017, 03:04:47 am »

My problem is that there are quite a lot of UK designed, and even UK made clothes, that would actually be suitable and on-point, at least in my view. If she really cared about the Kate Effect, she would put her shoppers on that angle, rather than flipping through the sale racks at the Gap. I mean, sale shopping is fun, but I bet you her clothing budget would go up if she started seeing it as part of her job rather than a big pain.

If she has an opportunity to represent her country and its industries, if she's on the clock, she should do so. I think she needs to be strategic about her international picks when doing duties. President comes to visit? Mix and match some US/UK stuff or even buy from a designer who is American working in UK, or British working in US. Going on tour to visit some area? Find a cute, locally made, dress or something with a nod to the local community or the context that's she's visiting. There are all sorts of designers up and down the UK who do great things and try to support their local economy that she could wear, which would send a message and be a real economic boost.

And just think how much fun shopping online would be if she discovered more niche designers?

When she's sitting around wherever, she can wear layers of Chanel. I don't have a problem with an occasional nod to another country, it is her body and she should dress it as she sees fit. However, she is a Princess of the United Kingdom and that does have certain implications that should, I think, extend to her working and public wardrobe.

Oh, wait a minute, that sounds like it would involve actual research and work. Never mind me...

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2017, 03:10:40 am »

^That has always been her problem, her refusal to do her research and make a sincere effort.

She shops at sales racks since Charles refuses to let her buy designer/couture to just lounge around the house in. It's not his job to provide her with the best if she isn't going to wear it in public and if she's just doing shopping to indulge and not for her job. Her main shopping is for her own pleasure, not for her appearances. It is clear that she's not interested in work, so why should he shell out, especially after all her antics.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Demeter
royal watcher

« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2017, 03:41:36 am »

^ Oh, I certainly don't think he should. If you're not going to work, you don't need a working royal wardrobe. I'm only saying that if she did, and did put a modicum of effort into thinking about her clothes as a job, something she could do for her country and The Firm just standing there with her extensions flapping and her couch holding her in place, then the budget would go up and he would shell out some ££££.

I do think, however, that if she did a bit of work and thus needed things to wear out, shopping as an extension of that could be more fun that pawing through last season's leftovers at Zara.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2017, 06:58:17 pm »

It is nice to see her put in her place instead of catered to; it's about time, long past due, when someone tell her that no work, no wardrobe and I hope Charles makes things even harder for her than he already is now once he's king.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Demeter
royal watcher

« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2017, 06:22:33 pm »

This isn't really new information, but Issa's founder is speaking publicly about the 'Kate Effect.' I think this would go here. If not, mods, please advise. I promise I did try to think where this ought to go!

https://www.yahoo.com/style/designer-behind-princess-kate-engagement-000208552.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_03
HRHOlya
Baroness

« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2017, 07:41:11 pm »

On top of her weight issues, she must have some sort of shopping illness. Almost the same hat, from the same company, whereit literally makes no sense to have both
xmas 2015
http://i.imgur.com/3r0yrIH.jpg
Today, St Patrick's Day
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7Hr6HUW4AAc1sb.jpg

Plus, again(!!!), Gianvito Rossi heels, the umteenth pair in a new or similar colour she already has, like the 10 or 20 black pump she has, which are all near identical models only made by different companies... I don't understand this spending and how Bill & Chuck allow this. I know some doting husbands let their wives run riot with the credit card, but we also know Bill is no doting husband. Has she been sent all this stuff on top of shopping herself?
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2017, 08:06:37 pm »

When a person has 18 different variations of the same outfit in his/her closet, it's a clear indication of no sense of style.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Sheridan_is_appalled
courtier

« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2017, 08:16:25 pm »

I think her wardrobe is what it is in order to share with Ma.  She dresses like either a 12 year old girl or an old hag.

I haven't played since I stopped
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2017, 08:20:49 pm »

^I agree with you completely. Even before they were engaged, I've believed that she's being used by her mother and sister for freebees. When you observe how Kate dresses too old and Carole often dresses too young, it's evident that they are dressing from the same closet and styling each other.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Baroness

« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2017, 08:35:51 pm »

Quite likely, they have been pictured frequently in the same stuff...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: