Royal Gossip
June 27, 2017, 01:19:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The shopping topic III  (Read 11028 times)
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2017, 08:20:51 pm »

I think her budget is very limited given the fact that she often shows up in old clothes and outdated sale items.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2017, 09:10:23 pm »

You're right; she had the "Kate Effect" hype, but that is proven false and she's never been much of a trendsetter. She chose expensive stuff at first, but as the scandals piled up, she's clearly had her budget chopped. I think after choosing to follow through on pursuing criminal charges, she has lost all what little she's had left; after the RF lost free legal services, she's surely been suffering under the ire of the RF and surely her budget was yanked after that.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2017, 09:54:24 pm »

^^^

Why should she get new clothes?

She never works anyway. And who's she going to show them to? Mumsy?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2017, 09:56:02 pm »

It's all work related and since she doesn't work, no new frocks. Kate was foolish to think that she would be able to get away with buying up De La Renta and wearing it lounging around the house like a character from Gossip Girl.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2017, 11:28:01 pm »

^That's a great analogy, KF.  Thanks for the giggle.  Too true, too.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2017, 02:59:01 am »

^^She also thought "work" assignments would only include rubbing elbows with celebs & going to sporting events.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2017, 03:12:03 am »

The Kate effect! Duchess of Cambridge helps to send Reiss and Hobbs sales soaring as her two favourite stores rival M&S
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4124048/Kate-Middleton-helps-send-Reiss-Hobbs-profits-soaring-two-favourite-stores-rival-M-S-sales.html#ixzz4Vz7lcO9a

Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2017, 04:16:59 am »

That's probably what Ma told her, that all she has to do is show up and look *cough cough* pretty.

I haven't played since I stopped
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2017, 03:43:03 am »

If I was a designer and Waity was wearing my designs and messing with them the way she or somebody does, I would be horrified.
Demeter
royal watcher

« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2017, 01:47:38 am »

I've heard that some designers really are horrified at her alterations and others still aren't too keen on her wearing their designs. I wonder how she has them done. Does she consult the designer or is Ma standing by with a sewing kit?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2017, 01:50:39 am »

She probably just buys them and has them changed.

She's still wearing foreign designers, not British only. Wearing purple de la Renta isn't what she's supposed to be doing.

LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2017, 07:57:00 pm »

^^

Just for my own clarification, I know BRF are supposed to promote British industry, however, are they expected to wear British 100% of the time?
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2017, 11:09:31 pm »

^ I don't think there is any hard and fast rule on royals having to wear British fashion 100% of the time, to tell you the truth. I think that myth arose because the Queen Mother just loved Norman Hartnell and he dressed her for all the big occasions, and the Queen followed that on and later wore a lot of Hardy Amies, another British designer, as well. Diana was the big icon the British fashion industry loved, yet even she mixed and matched foreign designers with British ones in her later years, after her separation.

Sophie Wessex mixes British designers like Peter Pollito with brands like Gucci and Diana von Faustenberg. Kate, as we know, does the same mixing of British and foreign.

So, although I think the British fashion industry (a multi-million pounds a year juggernaut) is ecstatic when a Royal female does wear lots of British clothing I don't think there is any edict from BP telling Royal females what to do!
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2017, 11:51:15 pm »

^ Thanks, that is good to know - I occasionally do like some of the foreign fashion pieces she wears. At least it is nice to know she does not completely eff everything up.

And the focus of my agitation can remain on serious felonies - flashing, making terrible/damaging comments about mental illness, insulting her company, wasting money left right and centre, poor behaviour during engagements, choosing inappropriate garments (short/tight/having to yank up her damn jeans) for events, faked interest, leaving it to 2 nannies to take over her "hands-on-mum duties"...... you know, the standard  tehe
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:53:38 pm by LadySnowWhite » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2017, 07:17:33 am »

What makes me gasp is how she wore a flimsy wrap around skirt while she was in Bhutan, not even trying to look substantial. She had no business dressing in a beach skirt when she was in a foreign country where people are WAY into modesty and really, I can't get over it. She could have had an outfit made that would be culturally correct and substantial.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2017, 03:11:16 pm »

^^

Just for my own clarification, I know BRF are supposed to promote British industry, however, are they expected to wear British 100% of the time?

IMO for her "royal" engagements she should showcase British fashion designers.  Why promote a foregin designer, the British designers no doubt pay their taxes and keep her in her luxury lifestyle, bit of a snub to ignore their designs most of the time.  There is some good talent in the UK, yet she favours foreign, which I think is pretty poor and bad form on her part. 
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2017, 06:42:55 pm »

I'm under the impression she does wear British designs a majority of the time.  Katemiddletonreview did a great annual review of Kate's clothing, I *think* it said statistically she wore Alexander McQueen, Temperley and Jenny Packham the most.
Unfortunately, no matter what she wears, the designs tend to wear her, instead of her wearing the designs....  blink
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2017, 07:53:54 pm »

It must frsutrate her that she isn't able to fly to Paris for sprees at Chanel and can't indulge in loads of things from Dior or Balmain. She must seethe.

^^
IMO for her "royal" engagements she should showcase British fashion designers.  Why promote a foregin designer, the British designers no doubt pay their taxes and keep her in her luxury lifestyle, bit of a snub to ignore their designs most of the time.  There is some good talent in the UK, yet she favours foreign, which I think is pretty poor and bad form on her part. 

Since when has she ever followed the rules in any area? It's clear that she has a jet set mentality, what with her preference for foreign clothes and her preference for going to overseas fashion shows (something that someone in the palace put the kibosh on) and it's not like she cares about the taxpayers.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2017, 09:41:46 pm »

No doubt katemiddletonreview is very biased towards her.  CanĀ“t say I have ever noticed her wearing more British than foreign brand names, whenever I read who the designer is I mostly think oh yes, another non-Brit designer.  In truth, apart from supporting the UK, I could not care less what she wears, everything she wears looks a mess once her and her three tarty elves have finished messing around with it making it look a complete mess.  Maybe just as well she wears foreign design, they must cringe every time they see her in one of the designs when they have made it look like a rag, she sure is not advert for them.
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2017, 10:02:39 pm »

KMR tends to be quite critical of Kate, which is why I enjoy reading that blog.  Such a nice change from all the sychophantic sugars.  She also tallied the number of times Kate crotch-clutched each year the last 4-5 years  laugh laugh laugh
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: