Royal Gossip
November 14, 2018, 04:21:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caribbean Royal Tour  (Read 8993 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: August 23, 2015, 02:26:38 am »

Kate will accompany Prince William for Caribbean Royal Tour
After my revelation last week that The Duchess of Cambridge has been disappearing from her husband’s private social life of late, I can reveal she plans to make herself very visible next year – by touring the Caribbean.

Kate intends to answer those who, in the aftermath of my big disclosure, have suggested she has become an ‘invisible’ part of Prince William’s life, by accompanying him on a major Royal tour.

She has even cancelled the traditional Middleton family start-of-the-year trip to Mustique in order to accommodate planning for the tour. I’m told the destination is expected to be the Caribbean and that William and Kate’s children are set to join them
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3207349/GIRL-TOWN-Kate-accompany-Prince-William-Carribean-Royal-Tour.html

Well we will see if this comes true ,but Kate passing up a tour in Caribbean fun sun and beaches
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:34:17 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 02:35:08 am »

Interesting, even though it is the Daily Fail that's reporting this. I'll just wait until it's confirmed by KP. If it is true the planning for it must have already started as it takes months to put things in place. I think there'll be some additional engagements in Kate's diary for the autumn anyway, before Mustique.
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 04:00:51 am »

My parents are going on a cruise next year. They'll be pleased to know that the optional shore tours & shopping count as charity work
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:40:29 am »

This news is the part of their PR. Their marriage is ok, they have plans for the future and so on. The place is their favourite holiday scene. Let's work there!

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 12:05:46 pm »

Interesting though, it was only February 2014 that the Wessexes carried out a State Tour of the Caribbean, why another Caribbean tour so soon?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2571394/Sophie-Wessex-chic-polka-dots-greets-crowds-state-visit-Barbados.html

This part of the article I found quite revealing:

The Cayman Islands, The Bahamas and The British Virgin Islands are said to be high on the list. The latter is a familiar Royal stomping ground as it is home to Sir Richard Branson’s Necker Island, a favourite holiday destination for most of the young Royals. Prince William first visited the private island with his mother Princess Diana in 1990. A Royal insider said: ‘Nothing is certain yet but these things must be planned miles in advanced. It certainly won’t be a holiday.’

An aide to the governor general in the Bahamas said: ‘I am not able to confirm any information but I refer you back to Buckingham Palace for their schedule.’

All sounds a bit iffy to me. Furthermore, these visits are not drawn out of a hat, they are planned a long time in advance, and the Bahamas guy doesn´t seem to know much does he judging by the way he referred enqujiries to BP.

Is this another article to try and force this tour to happen.  Seems very odd that the Caribbean, although a charming area, gets to royal visits within the space of two years.

Hmmm, what has cath medd done to get a Caribbean tour given to her.  And it is not normal for royals to take their sprogs on official tours, so what is so special about cath medd wanting to tag hers along, not forgetting the fact that sprog I hardly seems to know who the lazy duo are anyway at the best of times.  Expose your most intimate, personal parts to the world, neglect your charities, make the British rf a laughing stock world wide, and get rewarded with an unnecessary royal tour.  About sums it up in my view  -  the more you drag the British rf into the gutter they more you get rewarded.  HM appears to have turned into a gutless, chinless wonder to allow all this if it goes ahead.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:09:38 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 01:06:33 pm »

This is absolutely ridiculous but who has decided on this and why? The TPTB arrange these visits and there have been several in the last few years to the Caribbean. William and Kate seem to be visiting quite a number of islands and taking the kids. It must be a big PR exercise.  

There must be concerns that when Elizabeth 11 proves mortal that the sovereignty of some of these islands will be lost. If that is not the case why are they arranging a trip that will just alienate the British public.?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:08:52 pm by Freya » Logged
starsailor
Countess

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 01:39:30 pm »

This article sounds as if they cobbled something together. I guess the PR team of the rf released this article as a response to Waity's article (the one where she claims that she becomes 'invisible', they are 'mean to her' and allegedly not giving her a chance).

That way they can say that they do schedule something nice for her and that she's not 'invisible'. Waity won't be able to play the victim and claim that they don't give her a chance. I think they are just trying to stop CM's negative leaks. Otherwise we would have heard about this tour long time ago.  easter-sly
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:48:14 pm by starsailor » Logged
Wish
royal watcher

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 01:56:44 pm »

^^
I tend to agree with you. 

This tour could also be seen as a poisoned chalice.  With two high profile royal tours to the Caribbean in the past few years it looks more like a holiday for W&K rather than "tours of duty" like the Wessex and Harry tours.  W&K may have stamped their feet to get this tour and those who know a LOT better agreed to let them do it!
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 02:28:46 pm »

I called this when the Queen sent Sophie & Edward to Jamaica last year. Just knew Kate would store that little idea away for a "rainy day"  easter-wink 
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 05:32:55 pm »

Well if it come true . Kate got her scuba certification right in time

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 07:03:10 pm »

HM is the number one requested for tours and events, Harry is second.

This is the way W&K do things: She wanted to go to Hollywood, so someone was ordered to create a new BAFTA event and the sketchy polo charity as an excuse to go to California. (Any other news on that charity going poof or where the money went?).  They can't just go to Hollywood so let's tack a little time canoeing in Canada on there.

W&K approached AU/NZ about doing a tour, an aide admitted it was all W&K's idea. AU/NZ didn't ask for them, W&K wanted a vacation there so they said, "We want a tour there."  He wanted to go to NYC, she didn't want him to go alone, so they went to NYC.  China didn't want William, they requested Harry. 

W&K probably said, "We will go on tour to the Caribbean." Some aide was so excited that they suggested doing some work, they've let news slip out before anything is settled. I suspect that's also how the EAAA came about. William dropped BIG hints to the press about how he wants to fly again and surprise he'll be working for EAAA. I think the EAAA thing was announced publicly before EAAA had the chance to say, "Hell No" privately.
empirestate
courtier

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 09:30:44 pm »

^Grandma dropping a nice chunk of change helped grease those wheels as well, didn't it.

"Dear God, let me not die at the hands of the Swiss." -Johnny English
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 09:57:45 pm »

Yup, read at the time that she had made a sizeable donation, one too good to turn down, think she also paid for the new EAAA chopper.  Granny bought that "job" for him.  They must think we have short memories  -  tough, we don´t   tehe tehe
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 10:40:11 pm »

Requests for tours are done between the governments of the two countries and it is ALWAYS for the Queen or 'her representative'. Countries do NOT ask for a specific royal, if the Queen is unavailable but leave it up to her to decide who to send.

Australia, for instance, is getting another royal tour this year - Charles and Camilla who were here in 2012, with Harry and William and Kate having been here in between - along with Edward, Anne and the Duke of Kent for various reasons.

Only if the reason for the overseas visit is associated with a particularly charity or organisation (Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme = Edward and/or Sophie, Save the Children = Anne, Olympics = Anne, Commonwealth Games = Edward) does a particular royal get invited but for an official visit it is The Queen, or her representative who is invited and in this case it is William and Kate.

Andrew was the one who was sent to Singapore for their 50th anniversary of independence earlier this month for instance. Sure the Singaporeans may have wanted someone else but they sent an invitation and The Queen sent Andrew, even though most of the family had no other engagements either.

These tours are NOT cobbled together. This would have been in the planning stage at government level for some months, and now the first leaks which will be confirmed within the next month or so and then the final detailed planning will begin. There is a process in these things and they are not just done on the spur of the moment.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 01:07:55 pm »

The Cambridges take the Caribbean
http://www.womansday.com.au/royals/british-royal-family/the-cambridges-caribbean-tour-13470?adbsc=social_20150824_51317476&adbid=635640970562809857&adbpl=tw&adbpr=34785685

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 01:17:51 pm »

These tours are NOT cobbled together.

Of course they are. Do you really think that if William would, through ways, let it be known that he wants to visit the Bahama's but needs a good excuse to do so, the government of the Bahama's (with the Queen as its head) would say no?

We are not talking about two independent countries here. They are part of the Commonwealth and will jump through hoops if needed. Especially any governor-general.

And as the visit will be taken place in 4-6 months time, no one will say that it is a spur-of-the-moment anyway.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 02:05:27 pm »

^Yup, that is pretty much how it works. The rf declare they want to go and the countries have to fall in, they do not have a choice. 
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 03:00:25 pm »

"Requests for tours are done between the governments of the two countries and it is ALWAYS for the Queen or 'her representative'. Countries do NOT ask for a specific royal, if the Queen is unavailable but leave it up to her to decide who to send."

There are multiple accounts out there stating that HM and Harry are the most requested. Countries DO ask for specific royals and settle for the person HM decides to send.

It is clear that Hollywood, New Zealand, and NYC were all Bill and Kate Middleton demands. A staffer admitted it openly about the Australia and New Zealand one. Part of how they're changing the game. They decide where they want to go and a bunch of people have to make it happen.

Exceptions: China, they wanted Harry but got William; Malta, HM had to send somebody and surprise Middleton was the only one with nothing on the schedule; Jubilee tour.  They weren't given a prime Jubilee tour spot, those went to HM's loyal hardworking royals.

FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 04:51:33 pm »

"...The Middletons usually jet off to the idyllic island around February however it’s believed their jaunt will instead take place in November this year to accommodate for their upcoming schedule..."
"...It certainly won’t be a holiday,” A royal source told the publication..."

Oh how generous of Kate, to take two Mustique vacations in one freaking year, just to accommodate everyone else laugh Guess that earlier explanation about "due to recent bad weather...she's desperate to lap up sunshine" didn't generate enough sympathy to justify a stand alone vacation. Let's be real about how 2016 will go down:

-Sneaks off to Mustique in February. Drops a story about "Poor Kate has cabin fever. She's exhausted, between skipping Mustique & raising two kids. Can't wait for the Carib trip!" Then a leak about bad Harry or the York Girls to further distract everyone
- Latches onto the Invictus trip to Orlando. Justifies it with "We've always dreamed of a family trip to Disney. And I got souvenirs for Mum, since she's a Disney fan & I missed her Mustique birthday trip."
- Goes to Mustique in November "Because I skipped our February trip"
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 08:09:00 am »

^ Spot on  laugh  This Caribbean thing pulled out of the hat to make us think all well in the lazy duo camp.  These things are normally leaked quite a long time in advance.  All smoke screens and mirrors to make us think all is well in the lazy duo camp, when a lot of people are now aware that it is highly unlikely that they live together any more. Things went very bad after viper ma announcing second sprog on the way.  Their body language is so ice cold they could be in the North Pole.  That clenched jaw always tightly clenched when they are seen together.  We can but hope she does not flash the lady bits again.  She is a commoner in every sense of the word, and after fours years she has made no attempt to improve herself at all.  Hope the Caribbeans know what they are getting, a visit from cath medd is nothing to crow about.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: