Royal Gossip
January 16, 2018, 07:24:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Diana copy...  (Read 18645 times)
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2016, 05:20:35 am »

She can dress herself up as Diana, Jecca or lord knows who else, but it still won't make William love her as much as them.  dontknow
Val
Princess

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2016, 08:09:27 am »

^

Ma has this very obvious habit of getting Waity to wear a lot of Royal Blue, starting with the engagement interview dress.  She is hoping that by association it will make her look 'Royal'.  I am afraid it is another major fail.
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2016, 08:40:35 am »

I think too the banquet gown colour is a fail. This is a royal blue too 'hot' or 'yellow' (those who know colourimetry will understand) for her. And it looks banal on her. Maybe she wanted to match it with her lapis lazuli earrings (which look nice) but the result is she is again dressed like a granny. A cooler blue would have made it better.

Kate is classified as a 'Cool Summer' and royal blues, which are more yellow-based, just look blah on them.

But this gown has the advantage of being elegant and doing the honour to the Indian people.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 08:42:22 am by Liquorice » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2016, 10:22:15 am »

I actually think the gown was wrong for her on every level, and the earings look like cheap tat from a Chinese shop. Irrespective of colour, which I agree completely is totally wrong for her colouring, the other major problem is that the frock wears her, it absolutely drowned her.  It looks like something she got out of the dress up box from the attic and she was playing dress up.  It just swamped her.  Hairdo like something from Downstairs in Downton Abbey  Personally I think the fashion advisor and the hairdresser need to renew their skills, either that or they do not want her to look good.  Some nice photos came through to my mail box of royals in India over the years, and every last one of them knocks spots of the vile duo  -  even camzilla dressed appropriately and actually looked very nice.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2016, 01:10:14 pm »

^

Yes very very sick and Ma must have a scrap book of everything that Diana wore and studies it assiduously.

What if it's the SAME pair?  thumbsdown  sob  stop
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2016, 02:05:14 pm »

I think too the banquet gown colour is a fail. This is a royal blue too 'hot' or 'yellow' (those who know colourimetry will understand) for her. And it looks banal on her. Maybe she wanted to match it with her lapis lazuli earrings (which look nice) but the result is she is again dressed like a granny. A cooler blue would have made it better.

Kate is classified as a 'Cool Summer' and royal blues, which are more yellow-based, just look blah on them.

But this gown has the advantage of being elegant and doing the honour to the Indian people.

I thought that the colour of the dress was totally wrong for her colouring. I would have seen her more as a winter but she looks better in cool colours and can take deep colours, even red if the right red.
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2016, 02:39:31 pm »

I wonder if Waity was trying to channel this

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrr6u3rnFx1qj2sh9o1_400.jpg

Nah, fail

http://images.indianexpress.com/2016/04/kate-d2-m-twitter_820.jpg?w=820?w=608

If we see her in pink and purple looking forlorn we will know she is a copy Kate  bignono bignono bignono
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2016, 02:51:45 pm »

^^ No, she is really a Summer because she has low contrast between hair, skin and eyes.
This site http://www.thechicfashionista.com/cool.html classified her as a Cool Summer when she was still Miss Middleton and even took as an example for a lesson.

She is still a Cool Summer today even though she has her hair dyed.
I think scarlet red is too overpowering for her because of the lack of contrast in her ; but it is still better than this saturated royal blue.

Just search pictures of her and you'll see the colours which best suit her are typically Cool Summer : soft greys, soft blues, lilac, etc.

She is certainly not a Winter. Black is bad on her, just dark/ink blue or the typical forest green she wears on Shamrock Day or the eggplant plum she wore on a Dolce and Gabbana dress for the Chinese. These colours make her look tired or granny looking.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2016, 09:06:50 am »

^
She is definitely cool but check out the six categories cool/warm, clear/soft and deep/light. I think that she can wear black. Most people can but it depends how they wear it. What I think looks the worst is seeing her in anything yellow based and even beige if its a yellow based beige.

It's sometimes difficult to put someone into a specific category. You are probably correct in the she has not got the contrast between her hair, skin and eyes that a true clear/winter has.

http://www.prettyyourworld.com/summerpalettes.html
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2016, 11:35:55 am »

^ No, I don't think she can wear black. Telling most people can wear black is, to my mind, a lie invented by the industry of garments. When you shop clothes in high street stores (or even posher stores), you'll see more or less the same range of colours which change every season. That's because they can produce huge volumes of fabrics and reduce the cost. They tell black suits most people because black is a convenient colour : stains are less visible, you appear slimmer, it is corporate, etc., etc.

But people like Kate have the money to choose the clothes the colour they want and should be more careful with it. I was thinking of a very elegant lady : Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, when she was French First Lady. I think part of her reputation of elegance and being well clothed comes from she chose colours from the exact range for her (that is, Cool Winter). You never saw her playing with the entire rainbow colours in the wardrobe. She was a model before, she wore every kind of garment in each colour, and that gave her the experience of knowing what is best.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2016, 03:01:22 pm »

^
She wore a black long velvet dress which looked good but  she may have been tanned which helps. IMO Charlene wears colours well and seems to get away with colours that you should not suit her. I think that the reason for that is that she softens the look with the style (not close to the face) and choice of fabric.

I have never really worked out properly what I would be classed as. I can wear both warm and cool colours. Worst for me would be black and white patterned especially if it was a stark white.
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2016, 06:09:58 pm »

^ If Kate wore a black gown which looked good, it is because the flashes of the paps helped increasing the constrast between hair and skin. Plus I suspect they were in a cool lighting. In the daylight it would be a total different story.

For Charlene, I hesitate between Spring and Summer, favouring Spring. (Warm colours.) Not to mention the distinctions 'Cool', 'Bright', 'Deep'. It would take me time to study it and I'm not in the mood for it right now ! All I see right now is that she has a tendency to wear dark colours which take part in making her look sad ! Anyway she has the same tailor than Carla Sarkozy (that is, Dior). This make you learn couturiers are 'yes' people, don't really advise their powerful clients and comply to their wishes !

What I think about the Seasons theory is it is a wonderful tool to guide you in your appearance, but it is very complex to grab. A blog I can recommend you about it is https://12blueprints.com/ . You must read detailed blogs about it.
To work out what your season is, try also with the makeup, especially lipstick and blush. It is a cheaper way to do, for sure, but it is harder because you must be able to tell the difference between this "red" and that "red".

After this, I answer to you with a PM, otherwise it will annoy the mods !
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2016, 01:03:44 pm »

Just have a look at Diana and Waity's photo: the legs! I think Waity practised that pose in front of mirror.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2016, 05:39:41 pm »

^yes, I believe she did. Well, soon after her visit, she got divorced, so let Waity continue on copying Diana and suffer the same fate but without huge settlement and untimely death. What a sick being she is. Good God, is Wills this dumb not to have seen he's been manipulated from the start?

Keep Calm and Carry On
india
Princess

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2016, 06:09:12 pm »

Yes, he is this dumb.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2016, 06:24:26 pm »

^ Dumber than dumb to be taken in by that vile family - plain to see he was out of the country when brains were given out.
Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2016, 08:26:19 pm »

^^^^  But, but Kate could not have practiced Diana's pose....because they only decided that morning to sit on the bench.

And thus continues the believability of the ever-elegant Cambridges.   Shocked

\\\\\\\"William was introduced to Mr and Mrs (Ralph) Lauren, and immediately apologised for the Duchess\\\\\\\'s absence. He said: \\\\\\\'I\\\\\\\'m sorry my wife\\\\\\\'s not here, you probably would far rather you saw my wife.\\\\\\\' \\\\\\\'Not at all,\\\\\\\' said Mr Lauren.\\\\\\\"
india
Princess

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2016, 09:47:20 pm »

Oh God. This is becoming a stupid joke.
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2016, 02:45:00 am »

^^
oh yeah, they are just that flexible!!  easter-lol!!

Katie Nicholl also points out that Will & Kate are hyper-managed, to the point where there’s zero spontaneity at all, and Will & Kate even had to pre-approve the questions asked to them at the Taj.
source: http://www.celebitchy.com/480995/prince_william_kept_demanding_privacy_in_the_middle_of_the_india-bhutan_tour/

Katie Nicholl Article:
It was also the final act in what has been the most tightly controlled – and one of the most expensive – Royal tours, raising questions about what it will be remembered for.
Nothing was left to chance and there has been at times a lack of spontaneity. Glimpses of the 'real' William and Kate have been sparing. Even the questions at the Taj Mahal had to be submitted in advance.

This newspaper has been told that the Duke took an active role in the planning, and worked closely with his media advisers.
A variety of camera positions had been painstakingly planned at each engagement to accommodate 100 members of the international media. Part of the problem was the brevity of the seven-day trip, giving it a whistle-stop feel. This is William and Kate's fifth tour overseas – although the first one in which their children have been left behind – and they are said to have been anxious to return home.
Given the criticism that the Cambridges have taken in recent months, caution is understandable. But this was planning taken to an extraordinary degree. Even the colour of the rose petals the couple scattered at the Banganga Water Tank in Mumbai had been agreed beforehand.
source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3543842/KATIE-NICHOLL-love-Kate-Wills-lay-Diana-s-ghost-rest-Taj-Mahal.html

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2016, 12:25:14 pm »

This Vouge photo is also a Diana copy. Before this marriage a Vouge photo came up but then it wasn't realized. After 5 years marriage she did it because she wanted. She has made a blunder because this Jecca-style doesn't suit her (another copy).  laundry 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: