Royal Gossip
September 21, 2018, 01:46:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Aristocracy: News & Pictures III  (Read 37091 times)
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2018, 02:46:44 am »

for those of us who remembers, here's Kate being creepy as usual looking at Maria like a fan girl.
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/maria-sharapova-and-kate-middleton-with-guests-attend-the-news-photo/71279807?esource=SEO_GIS_CDN_Redirect#maria-sharapova-and-kate-middleton-with-guests-attend-the-sony-wta-picture-id71279807
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2018, 05:09:21 am »

Not so delicious, Ella! Healthy eating blogger Ella Mills is forced to close down two of three London delis after racking up losses of £720,000
The foodie, known for her Deliciously Ella brand, has been forced to close two of her three London delicatessens after racking up losses of £724,000.
Her shop in Herne Hill, South-East London, had been open for less than a year, while the other, in Marylebone, was the first she and her husband and business partner Matthew opened in January 2016.
Matthew is the son of Labour peer Tessa Jowell while Ella’s parents are former Labour Cabinet Minister Shaun Woodward and supermarket heiress Camilla Sainsbury, who backed the Deliciously Ella business.
Debts from the delis that closed last week will be met thanks to shareholder support. The remaining store in Mayfair is just a five-minute walk from the Marylebone branch.
Comment:
col_uk, Hitchin, United Kingdom, 4 minutes ago
Oh thank the lord the social media influencer back lash is beginning. I hear on a daily basis from lazy or barely trained marketing bods about booking influencers to front campaigns and as I have to point out, because they have so many followers on social media, it doesn't translate into real time money because a lot of thier followers and likes have paid for. The ultimate of lazy marketing is Estee Lauder using on the Karkrashian's, people won't purposely by from thier brand because of that model, but because said model has an iron clad contract, sales are diminishing and they are losing market share daily... Lessons to be learned, social media and the real world are separate entities.
  eating cookies
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5486041/Healthy-eating-blogger-Ella-Mills-forced-close-London-delis.html#ixzz59Pi55lNB

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 05:11:27 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2018, 03:22:34 pm »

^ The comment is spot on. I also avoid several brands for many reasons, one of them being using teenagers to model adult women's clothing for example (Kaia Gerber is what? 16? modelling Chanel.... Please.. or Kristen Stewart as Chanel "spokes person", someone I do not associate with a classy ladies' clothing brand), using kids of already rich people (Dolce & Gabbana losing their shyte over aristos and celeb offspring), or also using people I dislike, like the Jenners et al of this world, incl "instagram/ social media "influencers"/ personalities". Also "influencer".. more like "sales person".

I think marketing campaigns and strategies are in for a big change very soon, away from social media people and (heavily disliked) celebrities and their offspring.

Personally I love seeing more anonymous faces and not the same "it person" on every frkkin thing and also models who look like healthy people, women modelling for women and not kids modelling for women. Models like they looked before "heroin chic" became popular and unfortunately seems still popular. Also models who model clothes and don't pretend to be political experts in their leisure time. Keep your trap shut!

One good coup D&G did was to have Monica Bellucci model some of their collection. That's the kind of woman I love to see on campaigns. Also Jane Fonda or Helen Mirren, much more aspirational than some teenager - who's also coincidentally the kid of someone with connections wopedo

There's imo nowadays too many risks involved when booking someone famous, because one political or stupid comment from such a famous person, and it instantly reflects terribly on the brand. Someone less known will do their job and stay professional instead using it as their platform. And then as the comment also points out, how many people actually follow and aren't paid bots? How many genuine people follow, but who are too poor to buy the shyte, or have too much common sense to buy the stuff or who follow simply out of curiosity? Going by n° of followers, comments and page views isn't a good strategy.

It worked for a while, like most things work for a while, but I suspect the pendulum is due to swing away soon into the opposite direction.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2018, 04:08:39 pm »

Amen.

Time to basically set some new standard and Chanel is supposed to be for mature sophisticated women, not children.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2018, 11:55:35 pm »

Millie Mackintosh's fashion business goes bust owing more than half a million pounds due to 'challenging financial climate'
Millie Mackintosh's fashion brand has gone bust owing more than half a million pounds because of the 'challenging financial climate', new documents reveal.
Meghan Markle's close friend Ms Mackintosh launched her label Cammac four years ago exclusively on the fashion website Asos and it instantly became a hit thanks to her large social media following.
But now the former Made in Chelsea star is having to liquidate the business with a shortfall of £548,000, according to the Evening Standard.
Ms Mackintosh has herself lost out on £178,000 through the collapse of Cammac Venture Limited, according to liquidation papers.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5491367/Millie-Mackintoshs-fashion-business-goes-bust-owing-500k.html#ixzz59a8GFcMG
Anotherone bites the dust.  eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2018, 03:51:55 am »

Urbane, handsome and impeccably polite: This Old Etonian is the world's most formidable (and ever so charming) networker
Everyone can agree that Alexander Gilkes — urbane, handsome and impeccably polite — is the most charming fellow.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5538093/ALISON-BOSHOFF-worlds-formidable-networker.html#ixzz5AdLxywBu
I don't know why this guy's getting so much press now.  huh dontknow  Although he came from money, he too seems like a social climber.  bored3

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2018, 04:21:16 am »

It might be speculation that he could be a wedding guest in May. He's a good friend of Willie's and an ex to Misha Nonoo, who is a close friend of MM's. He's dating Maria Sharapova apparently, so the tabloids may be getting into a lather about him taking her to St George's.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2018, 04:09:23 pm »

If the Williams also go to the wedding, there will be drama!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2018, 11:09:10 pm »

Coroner is to investigate the death of Lady Kathryn Vestey, 73, after post mortem throws doubt on whether she died of natural causes

Lady Kathryn Vestey died at her home in Oxfordshire home last December
    Initially, a pathologist discovered her death may have been from cardiac disease
    Now, it emerged that prescription drugs may have contributed to her death
    An inquest into her death was adjourned for further investigation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5631493/Coroner-investigate-death-Lady-Kathryn-Vestey.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2018, 01:30:56 pm »

Rothschild heiress's home is raided by jewel thieves who snatched £500,000 of gems including her engagement ring while her children slept upstairs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5655659/Rothschild-heiresss-home-raided-jewel-thieves-snatched-500-000-gems.html
dianab
Countess

« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2018, 10:22:58 pm »

Race and the Royals: An Outsider’s View Inside Kensington Palace
A decade ago, the author’s own royal romance made him aware of the challenges facing people of color in the royal orbit. In the age of Brexit, he considers what a changing monarchy means to the British people.
by AATISH TASEER
MAY 2018

In a louche past life, I was almost a member of the British royal family. In the early 2000s, I dated Ella Windsor, the daughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. Prince Michael was first cousin to the Queen and married to the unpopular Princess Michael, whom the British press had labeled “Princess Pushy.” For three surreal years, Ella and I hung about Kensington Palace; we swam naked in the Queen’s pool in Buckingham Palace; we did MDMA in Windsor Castle; and we had scrapes with the British press, who, due to a misadventure of mine as a peer health educator at Amherst College, reported the story of our relationship with the mortifying headline: PRINCESS PUSHY ‘DELIGHTED’ OVER HER DAUGHTER’S ROMANCE WITH INDIA’S CAPTAIN CONDOM. There were schlosses, and boats, and stag shoots in Scotland. The cozy crowned heads of small Eastern European countries cooked us lamb chops late at night and told us tales of Nazis and Communists. It was a wonderful way to spend one’s 20s
Ella’s parents lived in a five-bedroom royal apartment in Kensington Palace, where Ella had grown up. A long, discreet drive marked PRIVATE ROAD, a lion and unicorn standing sentinel, led from Kensington High Street to the palace: “KP,” as it was known in the family. A couple of policemen with walkie-talkies would wave me in with what sounded like the first line of a limerick, “Ah, you’re the Indian fella who’s going with Gabriella.” The warren of dark-brick apartments and offices that greeted me resembled something between a military hospital and an old people’s home. All the famous inhabitants—Princess Margaret, Princess Diana—were dead, and those who remained, minor royals and palace secretaries, lived in their long cold shadow. (In perpetual fear, I should add, of being turfed out.) Ella’s parents had lived there for the past 25 years, and the Queen had paid their rent in gratitude for the many duties they undertook in her name. After a public outcry, though, the Kents were forced to begin paying their own rent in the late 2000s (estimated to be about 10,000 pounds a month).

The British, with their many class anxieties and resentments, *despise* how much they love their royal family, and one of the ways they express this quixotic love is through a naked hatred of minor royalty. The position of the Kents, low down in the food chain—roughly the equivalent of the deputy secretary of transportation in the American line of succession, as my college magazine rudely pointed out—was especially precarious. They should have been nobodies, just left alone to lead a civilian life. But Prince Michael, the younger brother of the Duke of Kent, was first cousin to the Queen, and that made him a somebody: an unshakable H.R.H. clung to his name. It was an official designation, and it meant that, as Her Majesty’s representative, he had to carry out a whole range of duties, from patronizing charities to giving prizes. Even Ella was not spared, here breaking a bottle of champagne on the bow of a boat, there opening the Newbury horse races. I have happy memories of KP—Burmese cats in window seats and wooden commodes, deep bathtubs and walled gardens—but the truth is that until Will and Kate arrived to liven up the place, Kensington Palace was wildly depressing.

Princess Michael—recently in trouble again, for wearing a racist blackamoor brooch to her first lunch with Meghan Markle—was famously scandal-prone. During the week Ella was graduating from Brown, her mother was on the cover of the New York Post under the headline ROYAL BIGOT. She had apparently told some noisy diners of color at Da Silvano, an Italian restaurant in Greenwich Village, to go back to the colonies. “I would never have said that,” she later confided to me. “I’m a historian. I know that America itself was a colony.” She feigned an odd mixture of injustice and contrition: “I daren’t even say I want my coffee black anymore. I say, ‘Without milk.’” I would have liked to believe her, but I had my doubts. It was not that her father had allegedly been an SS officer, albeit a reluctant one; royals and Nazis go together like blini and caviar. It was that everyone above a certain age in Britain is at least a tiny bit racist. The colonial past made it almost second nature for Britons born at the tail end of the Raj to treat roughly a quarter of the planet as subject peoples. I was one of the first natives of that former empire to be dating a member of the royal family, and soon Gary Lewis, a Maori builder and surfer, married Lady Davina Windsor, daughter of the Duke of Gloucester. Princess Michael, though generally free of British colonial prejudices, and beyond reproach when it came to me, nevertheless invited trouble out of what felt like a desire to shock: her pair of black sheep in Gloucestershire were named Venus and Serena. Most everybody thought she was “perfectly ghastly,” but I saw a nice side of Princess Michael. She could be funny, intelligent, generous, and she was a lot more industrious than the other royals—she wrote books and decorated houses! Her tragedy was she never understood that element of understatement that is so much the secret of survival for the royal family. “Well, Dickie,” the Queen is reported to have said when Lord Mountbatten, Earl of Burma and Prince Philip’s uncle, first spoke to her of Princess Michael as a prospective bride for Prince Michael, “she sounds a bit too grand for us.” And she was, now chiding people for calling her Marie Christine instead of “Your Royal Highness,” now tracing her lineage back to Charlemagne. Poor Princess Michael! She failed to acquire that one quality that is the supreme attribute of British royalty: coziness. Prince Michael was cozy; Prince Charles is cozy; the Queen, by all accounts, is a tea cozy. But Princess Michael was, fatally, about as cozy as a yellow jacket on speed. She was Marie Antoinette in a nation that finds bananas too exotic.

I've been thinking a lot about Princess Michael lately in the context of William’s and Harry’s conjugal choices. She was of the firm belief that it was a bad idea for royalty to marry commoners. “It’s all very well Ella marrying Mr. Taseer from India, or Pakistan,” she once said to me. “No one knows what to do with that. But the moment the girl down the road thinks she can be Princess, or Queen, it’s all over. The mystery is gone.”

And yet here we are. It seems the Windsors have gained new relevance precisely through a process of demystification. William and Harry have lived out the truth of Lampedusa’s The Leopard: “If we want things to stay as they are, things will have to change.” Kate Middleton, the daughter of an air hostess, is future Queen, and now there is Meghan Markle—a divorcée and an actress of mixed race, both unthinkable for a family that routinely demanded the sacrifice of big love at the altar of respectability. Princess Margaret was made to break things off with Group Captain Peter Townsend, a divorcé; and when Edward VIII refused to give up American socialite Wallis Simpson—also a divorcée—he had to give up the throne. The Crown, the TV series, would not exist were it not for these sacrifices, and yet Prince Harry will marry Markle in May, and she will likely become H.R.H. Duchess of Sussex. Far from being ill-advised, the new face of the royal family appears to be a public-relations coup. In the post-Brexit malaise of modern Britain, the young royals are the one bright spot. As a member of the extended family said to me in confidence, “They’re young. They’re diverse. We’ve never really had anything like that, and they’re a great calling card when everything else is looking so gray.” He added, “Both those girls are a lot more professional than our politicians. They understand their place, and what they need to do to be legitimate.” (Not to mention cozy!)
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/04/race-and-the-royals-inside-kensington-palace
There's lots more, what you guys think of his article?
Kins
courtier

« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2018, 04:32:53 pm »

^I find this article to be interesting. It is nice to get some 'insider' information about things within the BRF.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2018, 12:15:42 am »

'A despicable cad': Brother of Lady Ella's ex-lover attacks him for revealing he swam naked with her at Buckingham Palace and took ecstasy... but he's now happily married to a 'tall white man from Tennessee'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5669667/Royals-rally-round-Lady-Ella-ex-lovers-drug-claims-brother-calls-despicable-cad.html

'A despicable cad': Brother of Lady Ella's ex-lover attacks him for revealing he swam naked with her at Buckingham Palace and took ecstasy... but he's now happily married to a 'tall white man from Tennessee'
Shehryar Taseer, 42, a Pakistan-based media magnate, told The Mail on Sunday: ‘I find it quite sickening that he has written this article weeks before the Royal wedding. It’s purely an attention-seeking piece from somebody who has been cut out of high society. It is a despicable, cad thing to do, to reveal secrets in a kiss and tell. A gentleman would never do such a thing.’
A source close to the Royal Family said: ‘What he has done is appalling and unnecessarily cruel, especially when he has only ever been shown kindness by her family.’
Another friend added: ‘How pathetic and needy to capitalise on a romance that ended 12 years ago with a treacherous cocktail of innuendo, invention, indiscretion and something akin to sour revenge.
‘What on earth for? He enjoyed the privileges of Palace life and now chooses to spit it back in his ex-girlfriend’s face.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5669667/Royals-rally-round-Lady-Ella-ex-lovers-drug-claims-brother-calls-despicable-cad.html
It’s very odd timing talking about stuff that happened over 10 years ago. If anything, it seems that he was treated quite nicely by Ella’s parents, especially her mum who he’s branding a racist. He’s scum and it’s a good thing that he and Ella parted ways.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:20:33 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2018, 07:07:09 pm »

Meghan's not the only American marrying into British aristocracy! Lady Victoria Hervey's brother weds US art consultant in classy London ceremony

Lord Frederick Hervey, 38, tied the knot with art consultant Meredith Dunn, 36
    Meredith looked stunning in an elegant ivory gown and full-lenghth veil
    The wedding took place at the Brompton Oratory, south Kensington

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5718483/Lord-Frederick-Hervey-marries-glamorous-American-brunette-watched-sister-Lady-Victoria.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/11/17/4C1A518800000578-5718483-image-a-43_1526057085019.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/11/17/4C1A611000000578-5718483-image-m-48_1526057991348.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/11/18/4C1A51BF00000578-5718483-image-a-71_1526060721479.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/11/17/4C19E0D800000578-5718483-Lord_Frederick_Hervey_s_bride_Meredith_Dunn_looked_every_inch_th-a-20_1526056894268.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/11/17/4C19E70800000578-5718483-Meredith_who_went_to_Barnard_flashed_a_wide_smile_as_she_arrived-a-25_1526056894378.jpg
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 07:09:59 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2018, 01:06:04 pm »

Aristocrat’s 'divorce tourist' ex-wife gets go-ahead to fight for a slice of his fortune in English courts - even though they spent almost all their married life in Scotland

Groundbreaking decision will allow Emma Villiers's case to be heard in England
    She wants divorce battle south of Scotland were payouts are more generous
    Husband Charles Alastair Hyde Villiers calls her a cross border divorce tourist

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5740291/Aristocrats-divorce-tourist-ex-wife-fight-slice-fortune.html
Kahleigh
courtier

« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2018, 12:58:54 pm »

For anyone interested here is a video with Hugh, Duke of Westminster talking about the Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre, as it will open soon. Nice touch that they have audio of the late Duke (Gerald) talking about what he wanted to achieve with this project
http://www.grosvenor.com/news-views-research/news/2018/proud-supporters-of-the-defence-and-national-rehab/
Proud supporters of the Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre
2018 will mark the realisation of the 6th Duke of Westminster’s initiative to create a Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre (DNRC) which will become one of the world’s best clinical rehabilitation centres for people with trauma injuries.

Hugh recently revealed that his father donated 70 million of the 300 million required for the centre:
https://78.media.tumblr.com/c6e95124063ca83af2aa042c8c35ee94/tumblr_p9229kc3vS1wx4k9do1_1280.jpg
from https://graces-virtues-ancestry.tumblr.com/
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2018, 05:48:39 pm »

London T'ai chi instructor lays claim to St Lucia land 'stolen' by party-loving Lord 30 years ago before he died and left it to his servant in £20m estate
After a long legal battle following the death eight years ago of his master Colin Tennant, Kent Adonai was rewarded with his multi-million-pound fortune.
The wrangling over the estate of Princess Margaret's old friend began when Lord Glenconner died in 2010, aged 83, and it emerged he had left everything to Adonai.
But the legacy was contested by the aristocrat's family, who claimed he had not been of sound mind when he rewrote his will.
The case between Lord Glenconner's grandson and heir to the title, Cody Tennant, 24, and Adonai was settled earlier this month in the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court.
However it has since emerged that Michael Jacques, a t'ai chi instructor from South London is resurrecting his claim to parts of St Lucia which he says was stolen from him 30 years ago by Lord Glenconner.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5876899/Lord-partied-Princess-Margaret-centre-legal-battle-eight-years-death.html
What a mess. Some aristros seem so stupid in dealing with their financial affairs.

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2018, 10:29:45 am »

We've been booted out of Brideshead by my brother-in-law: The ousted chatelaine of Castle Howard breaks her silence on the coup that has torn her family from its ancestral home

Rebecca Howard has spoken out after being forced out of Castle Howard
    It was the magnificent location for the classic TV series Brideshead Revisited
    She says 'a shudder goes through me' when she drives past her former home
    Ms Howard's husband had been running the house for more than 30 years
    But his brother Nicholas announced without warning he wanted to take over

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-5897357/Rebecca-Howard-opens-events-saw-husband-ousted-ancestral-seat.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2018, 11:53:24 pm »

Duke of Marlborough's younger brother marries his German photographer fiancée in glittering Blenheim Palace ceremony in front of guests including Poppy Delevingne and Kate Moss

Lord Edward Spencer-Churchill married Kimberly Hammerstroem on Saturday
    The incredible event took place at his ancestral home of Blenheim Palace
    Guests were treated to a sensational firework display and a club night named after the bride

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5931651/Duke-Marlboroughs-brother-marries-fianc-e-glittering-Blenheim-Palace-ceremony.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2018, 10:39:22 pm »

Blenheim Palace heir live streams President Trump's visit on Instagram... as friends bid £50 for him to 'upskirt Malania'

George Spencer-Churchill, the Marquess of Blandford, live streamed the event
    His high-society friends used the opportunity to make a series of ill-judged jokes
    Bloodstock agent Sam Sangster, son of racehorse owner Robert Sangster, quipped: '£50 for a molina upskirt shot

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5954653/Blenheim-Palace-heir-live-streams-President-Trumps-visit-Instagram.html

The noble, as charming as ever.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: