Royal Gossip
July 25, 2017, 01:29:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Aristocracy: News & Pictures III  (Read 18785 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2017, 07:28:28 am »

A typical Stuart then .    laugh

HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2017, 01:28:01 pm »

Grief of Philip's confidante, the new Countess Mountbatten: How carriage-driving companion of the Duke has single-handedly run the family estate in recent years

The Royal family gathered for Patricia, Countess Mountbatten of Burma's funeral
    Her son, Norton Knatchbull, attended the funeral service with his wife, Penelope
    She took over the Mountbatten estate Broadlands when he left her for a designer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4645346/How-carriage-driving-companion-Duke-run-estate.html
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2017, 11:55:21 pm »

Is this the next Earl and Countess Mountbatten? How Prince Charles's ex-drug addict godson and his musician fiancée could inherit one of Britain's largest estates from his sick father

Nicholas Knatchbull, 36, godson of Prince Charles, engaged to Emma Stayhear
    Great-grandson of last viceroy of India has been to rehab five times for drug use
    His former fiance Zeaphena Badley is accused of GBH outside a Burger King 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4656226/Is-couple-Earl-Countess-Mountbatten.html
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2017, 11:53:24 am »

^ rofl Uncle Dickie must be rolling in his grave  tehe .
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2017, 04:02:42 pm »

They want the daughter to inherit but if he marries and has children they will inherit?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2017, 06:50:40 pm »

^^ Without doubt he's spinning in his grave! Though who wouldn't haha

^ I don't know either how that could possibly work out; whether and when are titles tied to the fortune and all that. Maybe the daughter could inherit the estate but the title goes elswhere or they make a provision like the Bath titled guy (not sure) where the estate (& title) skipped a generation.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2017, 07:10:58 pm »

This title could pass to females at least the burma part and the money but the title only if there are no males before I suppose. I suppose they have everything controlled as much as they can.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
india
Princess

« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2017, 12:22:40 pm »

This is really a sad situation. What a complete waste of a life all because of nasty drugs.
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2017, 06:01:36 pm »

>> Lord Max Percy to marry Princess Nora of Oettingen-Oettingen und Oettingen-Spielberg

The engagement has been announced this week of Lord Max Percy and Nora Oettingen. Lord Max is the youngest child of the Duke & Duchess of Northumberland and Nora’s full title is Princess Nora of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg. She is the youngest daughter of the Prince & Princess of Oettingen-Spielberg. Nora was born in West Palm Beach, Florida and after gaining a Degree in History of Art & Design at Edinburgh University now has her own company Tusche London and a range of greeting cards through Pemberley Fox.

Lord Max Percy, is the youngest child of the 12th Duke of Northumberland who inherited the title from his elder brother the 11th Duke who died without issue. The current heir is Max’s elder brother Earl George Percy, a bachelor and Managing Director of a geo-thermal energy company, his two sisters, Lady Melissa and Lady Catherine are both separated. Leaving any children that Lord Max and Princess Nora may have in the future currently potential heirs to the title.

At this stage, there has been no indication of where a wedding may take place Lord Max Percy has the choice of many stately homes within the family including Syon Park and Alnwick Castle in Northumberland, the family seat. However, Princess Nora’s family seat Schloss Oettingen in Bavaria is another potential location; especially as throughout the summer and autumn it has an exhibition of Princely weddings within the family down the centuries.

There is a good chance that wherever the wedding takes places the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry may well be invited as there are many ties between the families. Lady Melissa was married to Thomas von Straubenzee, a school friend of the Princes and god-father to Princess Charlotte. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have also been guests of the Prince and Princess at Schloss Oettingen, and Prince Harry attended the wedding of Princess Nora’s elder brother Franz Albrecht the hereditary prince. <<

http://royalcentral.co.uk/other/lord-max-percy-to-marry-princess-nora-of-oettingen-oettingen-und-oettingen-spielberg-77443

Also:
http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.de/2017/03/lord-max-percy-to-marry-princess-nora.html

Hi everyone   Hi it's been so long... I have a question: anyone knows the date for the wedding? Thanks a bunch.
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2017, 07:12:48 pm »

^ Is this the Percy Pippa stalked until he filed or threatened to file a restraining order?
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2017, 07:56:40 pm »

^ Pips was after George, Max's older brother & heir.

^^ Hello Vesper! I don't know a date, or place of the wedding (a possibility that it will take place in Germany exists), but I guess we'll hear sooner or later easter-egg-basket
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2017, 12:40:20 am »

Thanks, HRHOlya! I can't find the date anywhere. You are right, I guess we'll find out sooner or later!
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2017, 03:22:16 am »

^^ Thanks!
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2017, 04:49:47 pm »

Is this the society wedding of the year? Jimmy Choo PR marries Prince Harry's Italian aristocrat pal in a lavish three-day bash at a Turin PALACE wearing a dazzling designer gown

Jimmy Choo PR Alexandra Lucy Edwards and private members' club owner Carlo Carello tied the knot
    Alexandra, 27, and Carlo, 30, from London, turned their vows into a dazzling weekend affair in Turin, Italy
    Granted special access to Castello di Racconigi, making them first people to get married there since 1930
    The bride stunned in a Naeem Khan Bridal gown, whose designs are priced between £5,000 and £17,000
    Sam Sangster, the son of notorious horse owner Robert Sangster, was the best man
    Carello's father was head of car giant Fiat in the UK and holidays with Tony Blair

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4682040/Is-society-wedding-year.html
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2017, 07:57:17 pm »

I prefer the civil wedding dress.

HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2017, 08:44:35 pm »

Me too!
The wedding dress looks really tacky. The boobs so exposed.. Even if you don't marry in a house of god (meaning church, synagogue, mosque, temple, whathaveyou), in a religious ceremony and/ or don't believe, I think still that an occasion like this requires dignity and appropriate dress, meaning no one needs to see deep slits, navels, boobs or the whole back.. I don't get what this obsession with nakedness is. The Bridesmaid dresses look too naked (back - also most women can't afford to leave their bras home, why choose such a tacky and sensitive design?)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/07/10/18/4232F57500000578-4682040-In_high_spirits_The_beautiful_bride_waved_to_wellwishers_and_gue-a-6_1499708725124.jpg

And this guest has a lovely dress, or so I thought until I noticed that the skirt part is see through (not as bad as most in that trend, but still see through) and it's strapless and therefore alone ruined *rolls eyes so hard they fall out*
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/07/10/15/4231ECCC00000578-4682040-Glamorous_guests_The_couple_said_their_vows_in_front_of_hundreds-a-90_1499697331518.jpg

The groom looks like he's fun, but gosh he's changed since he's been with Bea!
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2017, 09:58:59 pm »

Maybe he no longer feels like he has nothing but a future of nonstop work ahead of him and he wont' have to support a princess and a princess' mother. He can enjoy life a lot more and no longer put up with the prospect of being the sole support system of a member of the House of Windsor.

As for the bride, she looks like trash.

So many brides take some kind of infantile approach towards looking cheap, is if someone is supposed to mother them into looking neat and decent. If I looked like that, I would be looking shamefaced, not perky and she's a PR rep for Jimmy Choo of all places!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2017, 06:27:49 pm »

I prefer her dress for the civil ceremony too.

And I loved the fact they were able to have their meal outside too. So romantic.
beline
courtier

« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2017, 09:39:51 am »

Lord Max Percy married Princess Nora of Oettingen-Oettingen On July 15th in Germany.

http://bilder.augsburger-allgemeine.de/img/noerdlingen/origs42089286/1791868172-w480-h960/Copy-20of-20EVA-0279-1-.jpg

https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.augsburger-allgemeine.de%2Fnoerdlingen%2FVerliebt-in-Schottland-verheiratet-in-Dornstadt-id42089291.html&edit-text=

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: