Royal Gossip
September 25, 2018, 12:49:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Aristocracy: News & Pictures III  (Read 37319 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2017, 03:51:04 am »

King and Queen of the coupon con: Cache of official letters show how Edward VIII and his socialite wife tried to cheat wartime rationing ... to buy lingerie for her, glad rags for him and fancy uniforms for their servants!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5004719/How-Edward-VIII-tried-cheat-wartime-rationing.html#ixzz4wCXbsaQM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Keep Calm and Carry On
marion
Duchess

« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2017, 07:38:30 am »

Nothing  would surprise me about these 2 ....all they ever thought about was themselves and had  absolutely no regard for anyone or anything else
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2017, 04:50:04 pm »

I just don't understand why he had to shop in London, when he could just as easily shop in Paris. It's not like he was "in exile" in the boonies, but another major metropolis. I don't know whether there was rationing in France though. I guess the answer is, this way he could use & abuse the palace to pay for his demands, instead of paying himself, as usual.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2017, 10:19:34 pm »

Camilla Thorp and George Spencer-Churchill, earl of Sunderland (heir to the 12th duke of Marlborough) are engaged.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2017, 09:58:07 pm »

Socialite Tara Palmer-Tomkinson left her £2.3million fortune to the children she never had in will she wrote 13 years before her death

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson left her £2.3million fortune to the children she never had
    She made will in 2004, leaving her estate to her children once they reached 25
    But Miss Palmer-Tomkinson tragically died childless in February this year
    Her estate will now be passed to the families of her brother and sister

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5138847/Tara-Palmer-Tompkinson-left-2-3m-children-never-had.html
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2017, 10:04:25 pm »

It's a bit odd isn't it, to leave your money to beings that don't exist yet except in your hopes and dreams? How did she know that she would be able to have children anyway?
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2017, 11:29:29 pm »

^ I thought the very same thing, and then on top of that, how odd that she never updated her will, she knew very well what it said and she was at a point in her life when it was beyond clear that she wouldn't have children and her health was in tatters, to put it mildly, due to drug use, surgeries, and then the brain tumour thing. If I am not mistaken she was afraid of death and had it on her mind (b/c of brain tumour), so why not sort out your stuff then appropiately?
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2017, 12:28:23 am »

David Lascelles, 8th Earl of Harewood has Harewood House open for Christmas.   
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news...tmas-1-8887862   
 box box box box box

Really A Baron
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2017, 12:59:22 am »

^Lovely.  But, I don’t understand. Do people pay to enter or a gift to the surrounding area and anybody visiting or touristing?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2017, 01:09:45 am »

i think it's more likely the first.
like BP and CH opening up during summer.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2017, 01:19:02 am »

^That makes sense.  Gotta generate income on those old piles.  Taxes must be brutal.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2017, 08:05:45 pm »

^ I thought the very same thing, and then on top of that, how odd that she never updated her will, she knew very well what it said and she was at a point in her life when it was beyond clear that she wouldn't have children and her health was in tatters, to put it mildly, due to drug use, surgeries, and then the brain tumour thing. If I am not mistaken she was afraid of death and had it on her mind (b/c of brain tumour), so why not sort out your stuff then appropiately?

I think she was a very sad person and this proves it to me. I doubt she could deal with the type of life she ended up having and having to change her will...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2017, 08:52:17 pm »

Not exactly aristos, but from that set

Van Straubenzee/Jenks engagement
The engagement was announced 22 December, 2017, between Charles Anthony van Straubenzee (born 1988), scion of that landed family, third son of Alexander Henry van Straubenzee (born 1951), of South Witham, Lincolnshire, by his wife the former Claire Sonia Fenwick (born 1954), & Daisy Philippa Jenks (born 1991), elder daughter of Philip Richard Jenks, of Churt, Surrey, by his wife the former Alexandra Ulrike Wilson Nicol, daughter of Alexander J.W. Nicol by his wife Christine von Canstein.

Source: Peerage News blog
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #173 on: January 01, 2018, 04:49:59 pm »

Lady Astor who was shunned by high-society after being caught up in the Profumo Affair that brought down the Prime Minister as it rocked 1960s Britain dies aged 87

Former model and BBC presenter Bronwen Lady Astor has died at the age of 87
    As chatelaine of Cliveden in the 1960s she was caught up in the Profumo scandal
    Formerly Bronwen Pugh, she was the third wife of aristocrat Viscount ‘Bill’ Astor

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5226265/Bronwen-Astor-dies.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2018, 01:54:34 pm »

BREAKING NEWS: Lady Lucan killed herself with cocktail of drink and drugs after self-diagnosing herself with Parkinson's disease

80-year-old was found by police after being reported missing by worried friend
    She was one of last people to see Lord Lucan alive before he became a fugitive
     He is alleged to have bludgeoned family nanny Sandra Rivett to death in 1974
    Suicide verdict recorded at inquest at Westminster Coroner's Court today

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5250385/Lady-Lucan-killed-cocktail-drink-drugs.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2018, 08:55:23 pm »

Lady Lucan's son 'applauds' his estranged mother's decision to cut relatives out of her will as he reveals she lived rent-free in family house for years

Wife of Lord Lucan lived out latter half of her life rent-free in Belgravia, London
    Veronica Lucan, 80, died last year after she took  a cocktail of drink and drugs
    Her son has applauded her decision to leave her estate to a homeless charity

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5276139/Lady-Lucans-son-applauds-Shelter-donation.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2018, 12:31:39 am »

Lady Lucan's bitter blast at her offspring from beyond the grave: Dowager Countess said 'lack of good manners' is reason she cut them out of her will

Veronica Lucan refused to speak to her three children for more than 35 years
    She explained in her will why she refused to leave a penny of her £576,626 estate
    She wrote: 'I do not wish any of my three children to benefit from my death'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5281611/Lady-Lucans-blast-offspring-grave.html

----

My Wellington booty! Earl wins bitter High Court battle with his stepmother over £15m of heirlooms - including portrait of the Iron Duke

Dowager Countess Bathurst was locked in a legal battle with 9th Earl Bathurst
    Gloria Wesley thought she could enter her estranged stepson's home and spend days making an inventory of its contents including a £6million portrait
    The Earl, son of the countess’s late husband, objected and it ended up in court
    A judge at the High Court has ruled against the 89-year-old Dowager Countess

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5281391/Earl-wins-legal-battle-Dowager-stepmother.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2018, 11:00:03 am »

What a waste of gilded lives: The heroin death of heiress Olivia Channon 32 years ago stunned Britain. So what happened to the other players in this sordid drama?

32 years have passed since the death of heiress Olivia Channon rocked Britain
    She died after a drugs binge and it shone spotlight on lives of the young and rich
    Years after the events in Oxford, what happened to the other people involved?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5424867/Olivia-Channons-friends-32-years-drugs-death.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2018, 11:43:42 pm »

The Aristoglums! Two blue-blooded sets of sisters, a Viscountess and Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer on the fashion front row of D&G's Milan show - with not a smile between them

Lady Kitty Spencer, 27, was joined by a gang of British blue-blood beauties on the D&G front row in Milan
    The young royal sat between her friend Emma, Viscountess Weymouth, and the glamorous Moncreiffe sisters
    Pouting prettily to their right were the party-loving Manners sisters, Ladies Violet, 24, Alice, 22, and Eliza, 20
    They watched as models including Hailey Baldwin walked the runway and drones hovered with handbags

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5433001/Lady-Kitty-Spencer-leads-blue-blood-takeover-D-G.html
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2018, 03:53:42 am »

Wimbledon star Maria Sharapova nets an Etonian millionaire who was a guest at William and Kate's wedding and employed Princess Eugenie
Maria Sharapova's latest flame appears to be Etoneducated multimillionaire Alexander Gilkes, once known as New York’s best-connected Briton
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5484175/Maria-Sharapovas-latest-flame-appears-Alexander-Gilkes.html#ixzz59JXYo6nv

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: