Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 07:54:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James Middleton: The Forgotten Midd IV  (Read 69952 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #980 on: January 14, 2019, 02:03:47 pm »

If Mum forces james to marry then I pity the wife. He would get so resentful of her it would be painful.

The rich decidedly do not live "idle lives." Bill Gates is a major philanthropist and through history wealthy people have provided endowments for Universities and sponsored causes. That takes work. The idea of people sitting around with their money is rare indeed.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #981 on: January 14, 2019, 02:45:32 pm »

I never said they did; the Midds seem to want to live idle jet set lives. Meanwhile other rich types are living productive lives and doing more than just jet setting.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #982 on: January 14, 2019, 02:48:19 pm »

I was not answering your post re: the rich. It was some thoughts I had regarding some opinions about the wealthy on this and other threads. I don't think Mrs M is a role model pushing her children to marry well. It can all come crashing down, since marrying a wealthy person does not guarantee heaven on earth. The example of Mrs Bezos comes to mind to me today. Many rich people do decide to work whether it be charity or for their company.

I agree with you KF. James marrying some woman for $$$ could be a big disaster for him and for the woman and money won't make it all go away. And the Midds are not role models for how people with  money should behave re: their family life and personal lives.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #983 on: January 14, 2019, 02:57:39 pm »

Oh that's cool.

I think the Midds are unaware that at any point, William and James (Matthews) could deiced they no longer want to be married and find a way out of the marriage. Being rich will not make their past go away and being rich will not change their personalities. It won't make them aristocratic and it won't bring them respect.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #984 on: January 14, 2019, 08:14:56 pm »

Bill Gates is a self-made rich. He is not under discussion here.

I am talking about the many-generations rich who are not self-made but they have been rich and relatively high-ranked due to their family's position.
They could easily do "idle" because they don't owe anything to anyone.
But in modern times, where the working class dominates culturally, this lifestyle is shamed now.

Many children of such families now pick occupations that sound "productive" enough so they can make them look like they are not "idling" on their family's inheritance and name.
In reality, they pick mainly glamor occupations or hobbies/play conducted at their own pace and schedule - and dress that as "work".
Not buying.
While this may not be "idling" as in lying on the couch all day long waiting for servants to bring you stuff - it is still a lifestyle of leisure and personal discretion, incomparable to the lives of those who MUST work for a living under schedules, pressures and market competition to maintain a certain living standard or a certain company.
 These "productive" old-money rich just only gain additional social status, exposure, glamor and socialization opportunities via their organized fun activities which they cal work but for which they have no real pressure or competition to deal with.
They can stop any time they choose and they can expand only as much effort as they choose. If the venture failed - oh, well. At least they looked like they were busy. 

I will explain elsewhere what I meant by admiring Ma Midds for serving her children well. 
One note for here though.  Nothing will 100% guarantee a good life to anyone.
However, women who marry well have a significant higher likelihood for a good life with a very wide range of options than those who do not or those who simply marry average, and that includes professional husbands but non-rich.

This is not opinion, it is fact - and empirical studies abound to support this view. 

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
sandy
Princess

« Reply #985 on: January 14, 2019, 08:30:43 pm »

I am using him as an example of rich who are not idle which is relevant here.

Some women have a miserable life with rich men. Money is not always a cure all IMO.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #986 on: January 14, 2019, 08:50:57 pm »

I think James would be better off if he would stop trying to be something he isn't; he is related to money, but he has none in his own right. He has no real status in his own right and that makes him a grifter.

SouthernBelle
gossip insider

« Reply #987 on: January 16, 2019, 03:16:11 am »

I find it odd that James Middleton now feels he needs to make public confessions. He's not really a public figure and has appeared at events involving his sisters. He acts like he's a really famous person that has to "confess" about his alleged mental health issues. Why? I see no need for it, he's not a head of state, a film star, or anyone of note. It's like he thinks he is and people really care about him and think about him a lot. They don't. It would have been better if he stays low key.

And the other articles are like personal ads (like the movie "must like dogs" where personal ads talk about people being dog lovers). James is pictured with dogs.

There is some desperation going on here possibly from Carole or from James himself. I find it weird.

Agree 100%, Sandy.  If he was going to come out with this, it should have been around the time W & K started their mental health initiative.  This looks like a desperate ploy for something, I’m just not sure what exactly. 
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #988 on: January 16, 2019, 04:08:09 pm »

I can go either way with Marshmallow Man.  He could either be using the mental health platform to his advantage in some way; or this could very well be true and he is making it known so that people stop making fun of his failed businesses and he can be a host or whatever he is doing.   Perhaps if he is battling depression, this is the reason for his inability to launch.  Dunno.  But, he really needs to be private.  Good luck and go away.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #989 on: January 16, 2019, 05:00:22 pm »

The thing is I don't think people really care that much about Middleton. I don't think people were awaiting the sudden media blast from him. He wants attention called to himself and/or his mother is trying to market him to a wealthy suitable future bride.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #990 on: January 16, 2019, 05:40:30 pm »

Well it is not like there arent rich homosexual men? I doubt it would be scandal if he married a man and had a civil wedding. And if his family doesnt support him then I hope he finds the kind of life that makes him happy.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #991 on: January 17, 2019, 12:02:47 am »

This is part of the Carole Mid pr, to make the midds look down to earth and just like us, and wife hunting for James.  eating cookies

Two serpents fight one another. I bask in the glow of the conflict.
Val
Princess

« Reply #992 on: January 17, 2019, 09:08:50 am »

Of course and to stop the negativity as we keep saying. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #993 on: January 21, 2019, 02:01:24 am »

I think what will make this PR campaign interesting is how it'll be done from the angle of being a man. He can't use cultural norms (man works to support the wife) and he can't throw a title out to hook a rich woman, so really, what can he offer? Specious status of being Auntie to a handful of royal children? Or some obscure uncertain future of William giving the Midds an inheritable title once he becomes king? That is too uncertain and it is clear that James has very little good character. He has no interest in even working, proven by his refusal to work at Boomf constructively and he's uninterested in getting any kind of practical skills. He's just shiftless.

misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #994 on: January 21, 2019, 05:20:23 am »

Specious status of being Auntie to a handful of royal children?

That would be enough for many newly rich.

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #995 on: January 21, 2019, 10:06:26 pm »

I think his mother and him are aiming for a title, not a new rich wife. Plenty of those out there and it is clear that he wants a title, huge bank account, and of course, estate. That is the list of requirements for this vile family. He wants just as much as his sisters got and Carole has her requirements as well for her third pension plan.

misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #996 on: January 22, 2019, 06:19:27 am »

I don't think Carole really believes her son will get a woman who is both very rich AND titled.
Pippa didn't get any title. She got "rich".
Carole just wants him married well (enough). Rich will have to do, I am sure - title or no title.

― Mark Twain
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #997 on: January 22, 2019, 08:59:11 am »

I doubt they care about a title in a woman, as after all titles don't pass through the mother. Money & business do, so if they have an objective for James it is "rich", not "titled". If he found a woman with a title, it'd be worthless as neither he nor his kids would profit aside from claiming "pedigree".
LadySnowWhite
courtier

« Reply #998 on: January 22, 2019, 06:36:16 pm »

^ Exactly. James wouldn't inherit a title from his wife's family. It is the money they want for him.
Val
Princess

« Reply #999 on: January 22, 2019, 11:01:33 pm »

What truly awful values ma midd has, no wonder she has produced a third mooch like cupcake.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: