Royal Gossip
October 20, 2017, 11:42:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did Joachim and Alexandra divorce?  (Read 4392 times)
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« on: August 03, 2015, 07:44:48 pm »

I am still wondering what the reason for the divorce between Joachim and Alexandra was. Some people I spoke to say that Joachim had problems with his independent wife and felt overpowered at times. Others say that Alexandra was already 'seeing' Martin Jorgensen and that that was the reason for the divorce.

Whatever the reason was, it is clear that Joachim's second wife is the opposite of his first wife. 

As for Joachim not liking Mary...we can only guess as to why. But it could be that he realised that he would become less important after his brother married and have children of his own. For a while Joachim was more popular than Frederik, especially when he was the young father while Frederik was still the bachelor. And he seemed to like it. I have always felt that Joachim disliked being the second son and not the heir to the throne.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 08:46:31 pm »

^ Your last phrase describes well their dynamic IMO. He is the same as his father. He seems like a total PITA most of the time (so also like his father). Not that Frederick is perfect but I would take him between the two brothers.

About Joachim and the divorce I've heard a lot of theories around internet. I think that most probably is a mix of all of them. Both Joachim and Alexandra could have been already been dating their respective partners before the divorce but I see Alexandra giving up before than Joachim. He seems a super conservative person that wouldn't have thought of divorce at all. Living his life with other women on the side yes but not total separation. She seems to be able to run circles around him.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 07:14:45 am »

What is PITA?

I think I catch your drift but just curious..is it an abbrevation, slang etc?
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 09:59:14 am »

sorry it's "pain in the *ss"

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 12:09:46 pm »

Ah yes... I made a link with 'pity' as in someone a bit too self-absorped in self-pity etc. Slightly different (although people who feel sorry for themselves all the time are often major PITA's)  laugh
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 03:56:27 am »

It's amazing how going off of aura and vibe alone, I like Alexandra and I do not like Joachim nor his wife. Something about them ...
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 08:42:35 am »

Agreed. Joachim seems so strict and trying to come across as 'royal' but essentially it is just very aloof and (to me) off-putting.

And Marie is not the kind of woman to go against Joachim. 1. because she knows what happened with the first wife, and 2. because she is not that kind of woman. Based on her resume, I think Marie (not unlike Waity) was keen on landing a good husband instead of getting her own career. And she will do nothing to jeopadize that husband and social position.

Alexandra seems to be more relaxed and more her own person.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 02:51:07 pm »

I am still wondering what the reason for the divorce between Joachim and Alexandra was. Some people I spoke to say that Joachim had problems with his independent wife and felt overpowered at times. Others say that Alexandra was already 'seeing' Martin Jorgensen and that that was the reason for the divorce.

Whatever the reason was, it is clear that Joachim's second wife is the opposite of his first wife. 

As for Joachim not liking Mary...we can only guess as to why. But it could be that he realised that he would become less important after his brother married and have children of his own. For a while Joachim was more popular than Frederik, especially when he was the young father while Frederik was still the bachelor. And he seemed to like it. I have always felt that Joachim disliked being the second son and not the heir to the throne.

There are some who believe Joachim sees Mary as a golddigger who is out only for herself.   Perhaps.   But Marie appears to enjoy the camera as well and would Joachim be half as attractive to women if he werent' the queen's son?   eating cookies
i used to be a monarchist
courtier

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 04:21:31 pm »

I am still wondering what the reason for the divorce between Joachim and Alexandra was. Some people I spoke to say that Joachim had problems with his independent wife and felt overpowered at times. Others say that Alexandra was already 'seeing' Martin Jorgensen and that that was the reason for the divorce....

I suppose you have to consider the source, but in 2004 I asked a taxi driver in Copenhagen why they'd divorced and he said Joachim wasn't really interested in women.

If true, I understand why such a beautiful and dynamic woman as Alexandra needed a different man.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: