Royal Gossip
September 21, 2017, 04:07:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William to Help Trouble Youngsters  (Read 2652 times)
marion
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 01:35:21 pm »

@ GB I also was under the impression Secretaries/PA's/ RPO's  plan royal  visits  with press there to give good exposure for the charity? I was under the impression that is why charities like royal patronages - for the prestige and publicity they give.    

Visits are usually announced well ahead to make sure plenty of people can get there to see the royal in question - trouble is not many want to see waity these days so maybe in her case if visits were secret it wouldn't make much difference

It's also a bit odd that she apparently visited several charities in Norfolk when there is only one there she is Patron of  unless of course she is adding to her portfolio - now there's a thought idea

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:43:49 pm by marion » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 01:58:09 pm »

^ Correct  -  the whole idea is to raise the profile of the charity, bring it to public attention and hopefully donations and support for the charities follows on.  Unless of course she has secret patronages she supports, just like her alleged secret visits.  All lies and smoke screens.  I also am only aware of one charity she supports in Norfolk, and it is said she has not visited for quite a while now, and the last visit was in the press.  The locals are usually very reliable in what they say, and of course many of them have family/extended family who work at the charity and are pretty much in the know about who visits and when.   
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 02:34:41 pm »

^^If the Lazy Duo really are secretly visiting charities together, we know it's only to stock up on cover stories for later. Heard they're on vacation or a scandal is coming ? Here, let Juggers tell you about Kate sneaking through a backdoor & leaving a puppy at each hospital bed. William was there in a hat & fake mustache doling out free hugs & soup easter-James
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 02:41:46 pm »

IF  -  as the saying goes, small word, big meaning.  They would be of no use whatsoever visiting a charity, and as we know how selfish, self entitled and cold hearted they are, all me, me, me and me again, then I can´t see that happening.  When wasty does do a charity visit she never hangs around long, always looks awkward and disinterested, seen it in the papers so many times, I don´t buy all the  BS BS any more, and that is all it is, to try and make them look good, and for most of us it does not work.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 04:52:38 pm »

One thing is sure: their "charity work" is not authentic at all in my opinion. They just discredit themselves.

marion
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 05:19:11 pm »

They take the phrase "Charity begins at home" literally
Val
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 05:24:03 pm »

^^
- and are totally alienating the UK public.  Along with Ma medd they are Republican's secret weapon.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 06:45:10 pm »

Calling out other posters is unacceptable as is getting personal which is where this seems to be landing.  Thread closed for Moderator review and/or a cooling off period.  TY, YM

Update:  After Mod review, we're keeping this thread locked for a few more days to let things settle down.  Please be mindful of other posters and their opinions moving forward.  YM
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:51:04 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: