Royal Gossip
September 23, 2017, 04:57:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poll
Question: When do you think it'll be?
2016 - 2 (6.5%)
2017 - 4 (12.9%)
2018 - 7 (22.6%)
2019 - 3 (9.7%)
2020 or later - 15 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What year do you think Harry will marry?  (Read 13546 times)
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2017, 10:38:38 am »

I think he will marry in a few years because he isn't ready for it but I wonder whom he will find then?

KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2017, 12:40:17 am »

^^I don't think he's that desperate and there are signs of discontent. PH recently removed a number of followers on social media and MM is no longer following him which leads me to believe he removed her. Imo this would be strange behavior from PH if he is at all serious about marrying her. I think it was a fling gone wrong, he tolerated it for a while but got tired and paranoid and ended it. Newspapers will continue on with the storyline for a while because there is no confirmation of a breakup and they make money off the stories. Imo, she only looks worse over time because of overexposure in more than one way. If he gets married this year, I think it will be because he met someone after MM, had a quick courtship and proposed. Could happen. I don't think he's looking for a celebrity type. I think he just happens to be around them often because of his circle of friends/patrons. It is said that some of the other followers he removed were other celebs, so maybe he is changing his way.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2017, 02:19:59 am »

He's either changing his ways and wising up to them using him or someone at the palace has taken over his social media accounts and cleaned it up and will be monitoring it from now on.

Keep Calm and Carry On
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2017, 04:13:01 pm »

^I doubt someone at the palace took over his personal social media account. He may be consulting with them about the situation in general, but his private account is really not their responsibility imo and he's not normally into bureaucracy. . Think it's a lot more likely he cleaned it up himself. Either way, doubt they would remove her as a follower without him knowing and agreeing.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2017, 06:04:32 am »

I think he's going to likely start wife-hunting if he unloads Meg; for some reason  I see him like Prince Andrew, dropping the 'unsuitable' one and then marrying someone socially acceptable on paper, but ending up married to someone who goes nutso like Fergie. Wild sprees, affairs, and partying 24/7. Unlike Andrew, he'll join in on the merriment, causing courtiers and other staff to commit mass seppuku and the press to rejoice in their high tabloid sales.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Cindy.rose
royal watcher

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2017, 01:23:37 pm »

I don't understand this relationship either they are no longer together or they are so firm that Harry wants to keep everything in complete privacy and when we least expect it he will come with an engagement announcement. I don't think they're finished, because she has not published anything else in the instagram and is keeping herself discreet and also I do not think Harry will marry someone who does not like just because she is more appropriate.
Amanda
royal watcher

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2017, 01:31:47 pm »

I think she stopped following him so as not to attract attention. They must have combined that.

I doubt they ended the dating eating cookies
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2017, 02:11:14 pm »

it is over
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2017, 05:11:48 pm »

^^ I agree with you, Amanda
Joanna
gossip insider

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2017, 05:25:40 pm »

I don't think he'll marry this year. Maybe 2018 or 2019?  dontknow
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2017, 01:54:21 am »

He shouldn't marry this year because he and Meghan haven't been together that long, and if he finds a new girl the relationship will have been even shorter. But Meghan is already 35, will be 36 in August. If she wants kids and they're still together I think she'll push for an engagement sooner rather than later. I really think Harry should go for a younger woman so he has time to get to know her without worrying about her biological clock ticking.
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2017, 05:40:35 am »

^If his reaction when honeymoon was brought up is any indication, I don't think he is at all in a hurry at the moment. Ultimately he's in control of the marriage issue, not the female. He will be the one approaching HM for permission and frankly, I doubt it's something he would look forward to currently. The reality is that there are still plenty of girls for him to choose from and there is no indication that he is head over heels.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2017, 01:17:27 am »

It's not a Koo Stark situation IMO. After letting Camilla in the Queen would look ridiculous if she forbids Harry to marry Meghan. Charles also is a future King who married Camilla in a civil ceremony. Harry is a spare with no chance of being a monarch unless William abdicates for himself and his heirs (which I doubt will happen).If they want to get married they will marry. I think it will be up to them ultimately.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2017, 02:41:13 am »

I don't think the Queen would refuse permission - eventually - but the story I have heard is she is insisting that people are together for at least 5 years first and without that she won't budge.

She doesn't want more divorces and so is insisting on long courtships.

That would be the only reason I can see for her refusing Harry's choice - the length of the courtship.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2017, 03:08:54 am »

Harry doesn't have much time left.

As he grows older, his habits and other traits will set in. No much younger woman will want him and the established types don't want someone who is still hitting the  party circuit and getting mixed up with bad women and getting too much baggage on his shoulders. Someone with less baggage shouldn't be expected to marry him and put up with his past mistakes and have to walk on eggshells wondering if she's going to set something off inside of him.

He's becoming nothing more than a party/ski bum who likes to spend his days recovering from a hangover the night before and basically preps to go out and get another round of booze into his nervous system and hit up the wrong types who mount him because he's a prince. He's also moving well into becoming a full train-wrack and heading for a crash. It isn't cute and doesn't make him cheeky or funny, it makes him nothing but trouble.

There's a REASON women like Pippa and Meg are lauded as credible brides and it's because Harry hasn't grown up to become a better man. He's done minimal service in the military and the Invictus Games are to me just as much a platform for him as a platform for wounded soldiers. It's not like he's spending his days and nights living on base, teaching new recruits, tending to wounded comrades, and doing office work.

Even before his vaunted retirement, he was jet setting around instead of living on base and making an off-camera contribution. Harry is clearly going from partying part time, to partying full time, killing time until he is interested in marrying someone willing to put up with his BS. IN my view, marrying him would be like marrying a drug or alcohol addict, throwing one's life away on babysitting Harry, bearing his kids, sheltering the kids from their mess of a father, while dealing with endless press abuse and the craziness of Kate and the Windsors in general. No one needs that.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2017, 06:17:50 am »

^^ Five years is way too long unless you're under 18 or still in school/university. At the 4/5+-year mark, the divorce rates begin to increase because they dated too long, the relationship is based on convenience and always being able to leave. People who were together this long before marriage suddenly feel "trapped" when they finally do marry, like they don't have a choice anymore of whether or not to be together. Lots of unhappiness and divorces not long into the marriage.

I say for adults, at least a year before an engagement (which would be 1 1/2 to 2 years of being together on the wedding day), and by three years if there's no engagement it's time to walk away so you can both meet someone else. If you are still unsure, I think deep down you know there's a red flag somewhere or otherwise you would have committed by then... it doesn't take that long to get to know somebody.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2017, 12:16:39 pm »

I don't think the Queen has ordered all to wait a certain time. But suppose Meg and Harry want to get married. They are not in their early twenties but in their thirties, Meghan is 35. If the Queen has them wait it potentially increases possible childbearing issues for MEghan. Sophie waited and had an ectopic pregnancy and later a difficult birth. If the QUeen tells them to wait, Meghan possibly would be 40. I think the Queen would not issue such edicts in that case. She also should give them a plate of duties as a couple if they marry and not allow them to make excuses for not working or Harry wanting to play normal like his brother is doing.
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2017, 12:58:04 am »

I doubt there is a time requirement of 5 years or any specific time requirement at all. I think more important than years are quality of time spent together, compatibility and PH's own feeling of what is right for him. He could meet someone and know immediately and I think he will probably be allowed to marry for love though everyone will hope his popularity won't go down of course, not just for the monarchy but for him and his work as well. I do think there are a number of red flags at the moment.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2017, 12:33:00 am »

I wonder if Harry is aware that he doesn't have any more time to jerk himself around; I think his late thirties, earlier if he isn't willing to step out of the booze/party scene and clean up his act and cut ties with those who get him into trouble.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: