Royal Gossip
May 23, 2017, 07:54:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poll
Question: When do you think it'll be?
2016 - 2 (6.9%)
2017 - 4 (13.8%)
2018 - 6 (20.7%)
2019 - 3 (10.3%)
2020 or later - 14 (48.3%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What year do you think Harry will marry?  (Read 11242 times)
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 09:21:32 pm »

I remember reading some years ago that The Queen had stipulated that she wouldn't give consent unless the couple had been together for 7 years after the failures of three of her four children's marriages and since then the higher profile members of the family have been waiting for around that length of time at least (Edward, Charles, William, Peter and Zara).

Of course, if William and Kate have another two children the Queen's permission won't be necessary IF Harry wants to stay in the line of succession. If he doesn't mind taking himself and his descendants out of the line then he can marry without the Queen's consent of course.

If the seven year rule is true and he isn't currently with the girl then 2022 is about as early as he can marry. I certainly can't see him marrying much before 2020 unless he is secretly dating someone we don't know about. Then again - I am not sure he will marry at all. He seems to have a lot of longish relationships that end up breaking up which suggests he either has commitment issues, or he is attracted to women who do. I don't see him ending up with someone from outside his social class.
i agree.
plus if he has to wait 7 years he'll start getting a bit old to have kids: he' ll have them when he' s in his 40s and what about his future wife?
She must be quite young if she has to wait 7 years and maybe such a long waiting might seem daunting, at least it looks like that to me. If i ever meet the right one i wouldn t be so willing to wait son long
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2015, 09:29:46 pm »

I think he's a lot pickier than people want to see; he has a specific type and preference and I do think he's going to marry someone who will be at ease with the BRF and his friends. He likely won't marry an 'outsider'.
I agree. in an interview i saw somewhere, maybe youtube, he said his woman needs to be at ease with the british royal family and with the kind of job he' s doing. i' m pretty sure he won' t marry so soon, i think he will in his 40s with a high class blond girl
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2015, 09:26:03 am »

He could marry a much younger woman, but with that comes the potential "generation gap" problem that comes because they grew up at different times. Those marriages can work, but it is something to watch out for. Make sure you have something in common other than the girl being young and attractive and the guy having lots of money ("love"/lust).
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2015, 06:50:27 pm »

I think Harry will want to marry when he's in his late thirties and will try to find someone single, but like I said, the good ones are currently dwindling into lives of their own.

IMHO I think the '7-year-rule' dumb. The Cambridges are the counterexample. If the BRF still thinks this way, it shows they are unable to learn from their failures.

The BRF doesn't really look for the red flags and the royals are too used to things being easy; in the past princes had brides shipped in and the wife had to put up with it no matter what and so the princes didn't have to change. I do think Harry won't change and will marry someone easily available.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2016, 11:00:17 pm »

It would be nice if Prince Harry married in 2017. Now that poor Zara lost the baby, a joyous wedding would be cheerful.   
 loveshower loveshower loveshower loveshower loveshower loveshower loveshower loveshower
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2016, 01:31:16 am »

Yes, a wedding would be cheerful, but Harry hasn't been seeing Meghan for very long and she's not really the type of woman who would be a good royal consort. He needs a new girlfriend and to date her for at least a year before getting engaged, IMO.

Maybe Eugenie and her boyfriend could get married in 2017.
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2016, 02:54:32 am »

I think once Harry meets the FD he will fall hard and be ready to marry quickly. I don't think he will care about the protocol of waiting a certain number of months or years. HM will give in or if in a worse care scenario, PH will pull a PW and just announce it without telling her, though I think PH is less likely to do that and I hope he doesn't feel he has to. But if he does, I think HM will just let it go and approve. It might be easier for her that way too. I do not think MM is the FD, but I do hope the FD is right around the corner. It would be great to have a wedding happen in 2017. I wouldn't be surprised if Eugenie and Jack get married in 2017 too.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2016, 04:47:22 am »

he always falls quickly - problem is he falls out fast too

he is not going to marry MM - no way not a chance

MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2016, 05:11:30 am »

^ I agree I don't believe MM is the one. I think Harry will meet someone new and marry in either 2018 or 2019.

KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2016, 06:31:44 pm »

^^ That does seem to be a major part of his personality- impulsive behavior, not thinking things through, then changing course. I think he will know when he comes across the one and his impulsiveness won't be a factor. Or, at least that's what I hope happens. Does seem he needs to grow up a bit first though. He talks a good game about wanting to have children, but doesn't seem to be in the right frame of mind yet imo.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2016, 06:48:30 pm »

It will be good for Harry to do the asking for approval dance. This is such a ridiculous and outdated tradition but it is the tradition of HIS family and to not get the blessing of the monarch with 69 years in marriage, 64 years on the throne. He will be a fool not to ask for her blessing of his marriage. (future marriage, whenever he finds the one)

^ Agreed. H talks about marriage and children but he has a fantasy about it, in reality he's probably not even ready to commit. He's probably still looking for the princess in the castle just like many women are looking for and waiting for the prince on a white horse. Disney has messed up so many people. sauer
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2016, 06:55:25 pm »

^I agree, would be best to get approval. I think the Disney princess in the castle fantasy is part of his problem. Obviously people want him to marry someone who looks and acts like a princess, pure and demure. So if he doesn't, he is hit with a wave of unpopularity. So he has to choose. Does he marry the person he loves, or the person who fits the bill of princess. Because the FD might not be both. It's sad in a way, but he could give it all up and be a commoner. He won't though. Would be nice if he could find someone who is popular enough. Would *despise* to see him struggling with his popularity for the rest of his life. I'm sure there is someone out there who could be right for him.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2016, 07:27:39 pm »

He just needs to find someone who will be with him for him, not for the exposure and for the boost in career. Someone who doesn't mix business with pleasure so to speak. As for when I think he will marry - it depends on the woman he meets. If it's a woman who allows a man to fool her with royal protocol as to why he's not committing to her - it may take years. If it's a woman who knows what she wants in life, and he's a man who wants that woman - 6 months to a year is plenty of time to test the waters and see if you are made for each other or not and if you want to continue on a family building relationship with this person. He doesn't have so much time to fool around as he thinks he has. Just look at Clooney and Amal - they met, fell in love, and married within a year. That's a bit too soon but a 2 years courtship and marriage sounds about right for any man over 30.
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2016, 08:14:50 pm »

^Totally agree. The mixing business with pleasure thing is poison. Puts people on edge. Even if innocent, which I doubt, leaves too much to the imagination and raises not good questions. Agree, how fast PH marries FD totally depends on the mutual feelings they have for each other. If they know, they know. I've known of people who married within days meeting each other and stayed together decades, and people who married years after meeting and divorced.
Amanda
royal watcher

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2017, 06:51:12 pm »

I don't think Harry will take so long to marry, I think he is MM are firm, bet on the wedding in 2018 at most, maybe until 2017,

I'm very intuitive and I feel that he really likes her.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2017, 07:14:11 pm »

It will be good for Harry to do the asking for approval dance. This is such a ridiculous and outdated tradition but it is the tradition of HIS family and to not get the blessing of the monarch with 69 years in marriage, 64 years on the throne. He will be a fool not to ask for her blessing of his marriage. (future marriage, whenever he finds the one)^ Agreed. H talks about marriage and children but he has a fantasy about it, in reality he's probably not even ready to commit. He's probably still looking for the princess in the castle just like many women are looking for and waiting for the prince on a white horse. Disney has messed up so many people.

Agreed; Harry likes the idea of marriage, along the lines of someone being everything to him all at the same time. He wants to have a lover, mother, consort, mother of his children, dynamo cook/homemaker, that kind of thing. I believe he asks for too much and he will get nothing. He likely has a ivsion of himself in a fabulous uniform marrying the perfect bride, but the reality is different. I don't think he wants the long term, just the moment of excitement. The reality is that he's seeking excitement and drama and can't live without it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2017, 11:54:52 pm »

Is Henry's 2017 wedding a possibility?   
http://www.royalcentral.co.uk/uk/princeharry/a-2017
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2017, 12:16:56 am »

^ I hope not.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2017, 12:52:58 am »

well he is not marrying MM for sure and after the trauma of this affair - maybe he will take some time and reconsider his priorities re: women. 

I do agree he seeks the drama in a relationship and fails to invest in the actual relationship - but maybe he will mature a bit now - stability is what he needs not all the drama.  But he also has to give - the woman has needs too ya know!
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2017, 09:49:25 am »

I am coming to the opinion that Harry will marry MM this year simply because he wants to get married and he hasn't been able to convince anyone to marry him so far. He is desperate it seems to have a 'family' and she is getting on in years so I do see a marriage coming sooner rather than later.

I am not convinced though, that he will get HM's permission, and thus will marry with the advantage that he won't have to live in the royal straight jacket. He will be able to live in his beloved Africa more.

Two months ago I didn't see any possibility of this marriage happening for a few more years - if at all - but now I am not so sure.

Harry goes for the celebrity types (since the Chelsy split) and I don't see girls who aren't like MM wanting to be with him. He seems to like the showy ones - a bit like Uncle Andrew in that - flash and trash rather than suitable - even if not loved.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: