Royal Gossip
April 26, 2019, 01:13:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene: News & Pics II  (Read 57026 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2016, 01:23:33 pm »

I do too, and I do think she reaches whatever might be considered the minimum, she does quite a few engagements.  I too like her, and if they live apart but come together for family time, events, charity engagements, if it works for them and there is no scandal I do not see a problem.  I am also of the opinion that Caroline and her daughter like to hog the limelight with Albert at engagements, and maybe she thinks fine, get on with it.  We do not know what goes on behind closed doors, but as I said, if it suits them and it works, why not.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2016, 04:40:07 pm »

I doubt people in Monaco like her much when she doesn't live there and she hasn't learned the language.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2016, 07:58:38 am »

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/05/princess-charlene-receives-blue-ribbon.html

Congratulations! She looks to be really happy.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2016, 08:08:26 am »

I do too, and I do think she reaches whatever might be considered the minimum, she does quite a few engagements.  I too like her, and if they live apart but come together for family time, events, charity engagements, if it works for them and there is no scandal I do not see a problem.  I am also of the opinion that Caroline and her daughter like to hog the limelight with Albert at engagements, and maybe she thinks fine, get on with it.  We do not know what goes on behind closed doors, but as I said, if it suits them and it works, why not.

I often think Albert should start asserting himself more firmly and stop Caroline's antics; along with her slob of a daughter Charlotte who keeps up the camera whoring more than even Duchess Dipwit does. She really behaves like she's still hot hot hot because her grandmother was Grace Kelly. For some reason there's something seriously irritating about Charlotte I can't quite put my finger on.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2016, 01:15:38 pm »

Monaco, from my experiences there, is not subsidized by taxes.  No citizen of Monaco pays income taxes so it is imperative to go global to promote investors, yacht owners, builders, from all over the world and tourism is, basically, their industry.  I have no problem with the royals being much more inter-continental than other institutions.  It's a Principality built, from the Grace Kelly days, to bring in interest from around the world and if that takes a royal outside of the Principality, there is a good reason for it. 

It's one of the few places in W. Europe, for instance, where a person can find an honest-to-goodness American hamburger as well as receive remarkable customer service that other countries appreciate.  It also keeps the costs down for investors and the coffers full.  Bringing international attention to one's country is just the way it is there and Charlene and Albert are handling it well from what I can see by being visible and interested in co-joining their interests with other countries, ie., the US.  It's a very welcoming and friendly environment and I can't wait to return.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2016, 04:20:34 am »

New Photos of the Monaco Princely Family taken by Christopher Morris
http://www.therealmyroyals.com/?p=30783
india
Princess

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2016, 07:00:27 am »

Love these. Charlene is beautiful and serene even with all of her plastic surgery. 
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2016, 04:38:02 pm »

Lovely photos, I like them.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2016, 05:15:02 pm »

^^^Very nice to see sophistication instead of Hee-Haw. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Val
Princess

« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2016, 06:32:57 pm »

What's the betting Ma is already planning a copycat set.   That's assuming the sprogs will be allowed to be seen or perhaps more old pics supplanted on to old ones as per normal.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2016, 07:12:13 pm »

Lovely pictures - so much more classy and elegant than what  we in the UK are lumbered with
Bella
Baroness

« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2016, 03:26:46 pm »

@FlyOnTheWall--Why does the pop-up on the link you posted say it's been hacked? Thanks!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2016, 03:55:20 pm »

^For my Mac, which is like a lie-detector machine after all the attention it gets by the technicians, sees only a safe site and opens without incident.  My best advice is to check your firewall, refresh your browser, and/or try using another browser.  All the usual drill.  If none of that works, let me know in a pm.  Thanks - YM

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2016, 01:52:23 pm »

@FlyOnTheWall--Why does the pop-up on the link you posted say it's been hacked? Thanks!

Hmm don't know it didn't pop up before when I first posted it now it is .

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene hosts a reception for
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/05/prince-albert-and-princess-charlene.html

After party
http://www.univision.com/entretenimiento/realeza/la-noche-salvaje-de-charlene-y-alberto-de-monaco-fotos
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2016, 02:36:21 pm »

Still a problem?  I've had no issues with it and opened it several times over the last few days to check but if Fly got an error message you might want to just avoid it.  Don't know!  Tx  YM

india
Princess

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2016, 08:11:11 pm »

Charlene has really evolved into a lovely princess who does not put the wrong foot forward ever.
Val
Princess

« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2016, 09:41:23 pm »

^

Yes agree and the people of Monaco love her and are proud of her, not like our disasterous Waity who has dragged (along with her ghastly family) the RF into the gutter.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2016, 07:43:08 am »

^ and ^^ Yes, exactly.  thumbsup

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2016, 02:23:52 pm »

^^Who knows across-the-board with the people of Monaco but those I have met and know all think very highly of Charlene.  We may see stiff/distant/unsmiling but they report warm, involved, caring, quite happy and she's done a great job interacting with everyone and bringing in much-needed Int'l attention and business.  That's all they expect but she's delivered, and more.  One lady who is a hair stylist said that she's the loveliest, kindest, most generous woman she's ever met in that stratosphere and, once, due to some unexpected 'emergency', had to wait a bit before her scheduled appointment but used the time to get to know everyone in the place.   

She also, ahem, sends hand-written thank you notes to anyone who helps her.  And for the 'extra mile'?  Flowers.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2016, 07:17:35 am »

The biggest criticism that I've heard about Charlene is that she doesn't speak French.

Has she learned French since her wedding?
Or maybe everyone speaks English anyway, so it's not considered important?

To be fair, it is very difficult to learn a language when on never goes outside of one's comfort zone. If everyone around you speaks English and lets you use it as a fallback language, you're not going to get very far. Immersion is very helpful. That's why a lot of people who major in a foreign language end up going to the country to study. But if you move to a new country and surround yourself only with other expats and/or people who speak your native language (no incentive to learn/improve the language of the country you're living in), you will not improve, or will progress very slowly. And when you do speak, it will probably be with a heavy accent (just like learning in a classroom and listening to other non-native speakers speak the language you're learning).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: