Royal Gossip
June 27, 2017, 06:26:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene: News & Pics II  (Read 37263 times)
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2016, 09:27:15 am »

^ Perhaps that's why people expect her to be perfect.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2016, 10:55:03 am »

Charlene has been and continues to receive tutoring in French, speaks it, albeit not fluently yet, but does speak French to her children and is making every effort to learn a better level of fluency.  From my visits there and the donors I work with who live there, she is highly regarded so, so far, she's made good strides it seems. 

Monaco is highly diversified, is not France, and welcomes any international influence that keeps their economy thriving.  And, yes, you can trace that smart move back to Grace.  It's one of the most warm and welcoming countries I have visited in w. Europe.

That's just my experiences and those that I know who invest in property and business there. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2016, 11:16:06 am »

Thank you for sharing Yooper!

Considering Monaco I do not see them talking badly about the royal family less of all Albert and so Charlene.

Though that does not change my view of them as I have followed now from years and seeing their evolution. Charlene tried at the start though she was badly advised trying to be a second Grace. But now I do not even see an effort.

And I really doubt she speaks french with the kids maybe the nany does... tehe
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:20:31 am by Alexandrine » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2016, 05:10:27 pm »

^Actually, the people who work in Monaco, that spoke the highest of her do not live in Monaco.  They live, mostly, in nearby Nice.  All I know is when she brings her kids to the Hermitage pool or gets her hair done she speaks french to everyone and her children and it is noticed, appreciated and commented on to me when I asked.  They would have no reason to lie.  Who am I?  Nobody but an American getting her hair done.  Quite nicely, btw.

The people that I know who live in Monaco are from all over the world and love to complain and I listen for hours but they like her.  I'm not finding the resentment or any of that.  And I'm there to ask for money so I'm an ear to listen to every ache and pain and problem imaginable.  And there are plenty.  The traffic, the bureaucratic messes within each province outside the principality, the fights over who fixes what but Charlene?  They are thrilled with her and copy her style a lot.  She apparently does better in person perhaps?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2016, 07:29:15 pm »

No I do not think they exactly lie. But Monaco is the princely family. It is part of their identity. I doubt there is much negative opinion on any of the members. If Charlen was chosen by Albert is ok for them and if he decided to marry someone else then it is also ok. I simply doubt that Albert is criticised at all and also it is against the law to talk badly about them.

But people live in Nice because Monaco now is super expensive. Though I believe you on the french although I maintain a doubtful view on her level.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2016, 11:04:54 pm »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/10/23/prince-albert-buys-philadelphia-home-mom-grace-kelly.html

The Philadelphia home where Oscar-winning actress Grace Kelly grew up and accepted a marriage proposal from Prince Rainier III of Monaco in 1955 is now in the hands of the royal family.

Her son, Prince Albert of Monaco, has confirmed to People Magazine that he was the recent purchaser of the six-bedroom, 2.5-story Colonial home in the city's East Falls section.

The property last made headlines in 2014 when its 81-year-old former owner pleaded no contest to animal cruelty charges for keeping cats and dogs in unsanitary conditions. Officials with the Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals seized 15 cats from the home and found the remains of several others. The owner had lived in the large brick house since 1973.

Real estate agent John O'Connell of Elfant Wissahickon Realtors said the home sold for $754,000.

The prince told the magazine he planned to visit Philadelphia on Tuesday as he considers plans for the home.

"We're still trying to figure out what we're going to do with it," he said. "We're looking at having it contain some museum exhibit space and maybe use part of it for offices for some of our foundation work."

The home was built in 1935 by Kelly's father, John B. Kelly. He was a three-time Olympic gold medal-winning rower in the 1920s and later a prominent businessman active in Philadelphia politics. A sign posted outside designates the structure as a Pennsylvania historical landmark.

Prince Albert said he has early memories of visits to the home, such as staring out an upstairs window or rolling around on the living room carpet.

"The house is filled with little moments like that. Moments of being a family," he said.

The father of two told the magazine that he can't wait to make new memories in the home with his own children, twins Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella.

"I'm looking forward to showing the house to the kids, sharing it with them, having them see the garden. It'll probably be next year. We'll have to finish the work and then we'll have some sort of opening," he said.

india
Princess

« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2016, 11:28:03 pm »

It is so nice that he has bought the Kelly family home where his mother grew up. He will restore it and make it beautiful. What a great tribute to his mother.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2016, 12:50:51 pm »

Yes, it is very touching.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2016, 03:40:04 am »

Princess Charlene and Prince Albert attend 2016 Princess Grace Awards Gala

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/10/princess-charlene-and-prince-albert.html

Princess Charlene met with Mike Bloomberg in New York
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/10/princess-charlene-met-with-mike.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2016, 08:04:44 am »

She looks nice and her dresses are very elegant.

dianab
Countess

« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2016, 05:53:19 am »

All white for the night! Monaco's Princess Charlene looks radiant as she joins her husband Prince Albert for their annual National Day celebrations

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3952260/Blooming-lovely-Princess-Charlene-stuns-flowery-hat-joins-husband-Prince-Albert-rest-Monaco-royal-family-annual-National-Day-celebrations.html#v-5864832687363961460

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 05:55:58 am by dianab » Logged
Sophie
courtier

« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2016, 08:35:37 pm »

She's just lovely, and those babies are precious.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2016, 08:38:18 pm »

Cute gifs. The poor girl twin doesn't seem to be very important. Charlene went to a french ship with only Jacques and it's not the first time he appears and she doesn't   sly

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2016, 09:00:59 pm »

I don't remember the french ship thing but I do see both children here and they look good and loved and appropriate so maybe I'm missing something?

HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2016, 11:15:28 pm »

There was recently an official outing and it looked like only Jacques was brought along, but what happened was that the whole family (the 4 of them) arrived and Gabriella became very nervous and cried and they then sent her home instead of forcing her to endure what was a stressful event for her.
I don't watch them that closely and wish they'd scrap the primogeniture they still have, so I was a bit miffed when I saw only Jacques, but then it turned out that they are just sensible parents. I don't know how often they do appearances with the kids and whether that was the first time that only J appeared, but G was that once missing because she was stressed from the situation.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2016, 02:15:40 am »

Gala - Monaco National Day 2016 Celebrations
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/11/gala-monaco-national-day-2016.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2016, 04:06:24 am »

^^Thank you!  I can see how, on the surface, that might look odd but when the facts come out, that makes sense to me.

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2016, 04:09:49 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Cute! flower

Anastasia
courtier

« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2016, 08:17:08 pm »

Yes cute, the kids are one each. Gabriella is totally Grimaldi and Jacques is his uncle blonde version. Goog to see Charlene without the nasty depressed look for a change.
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2016, 09:21:11 pm »

^ She seems a lot more happier now that she's had the kids. Much more relaxed. She looks wonderful and the kids are cute! I agree they look like one each. Great photos.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: