Royal Gossip
April 18, 2019, 09:51:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene: News & Pics II  (Read 56875 times)
lilaclavender
royal watcher

« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2016, 04:30:17 am »

^Val, ha ha!

As sad as Charlene's eyes look at times, it's lovely to see how genuine a good time she looks to be at events like this red cross demo with the children. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2016, 07:48:11 pm »

Thing with Albert, is that he was right to wait until now to marry instead of making the mistake of basically maryring young, providing an asinine fairy-tale, and then ending up miserable. He was smart to NOT absorb Grace's values, most notably her snobbish insistence on using the Almanach de Gotha as a place for bride-hunting. He's married a beautiful, accomplished woman and has two bouncing heirs to replace Andrea/Caroline.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2016, 09:22:10 am »

^ Finally his things took a turn for the better. Some people don't like Charlene but I think he is a lucky man marrying her.

india
Princess

« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2016, 02:27:14 pm »

Yes, he is a lucky man.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2016, 08:17:11 pm »

Super. He had kids when he should be having grandchildren. Perfect to teach the next prince of monaco. 

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2016, 12:26:11 am »

^ Well, it is a little strange because the twins' sister Jazmin is old enough to be their mother. But I think it's better to marry later when you've found a good match, than to marry young just to get married and then end up getting divorced.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2016, 02:58:32 am »

That's Albert's business and prerogative; he didn't marry young to please his mother or the tabloid press and didn't marry to end up popping out a few heirs just to provide cute princely babies. The only area I THINK he made a mistake is to let his sister Caroline take such a prominent role as presiding First Lady of Monaco and let her son Andrea be known as the heir for pretty much his entire life. I do think Caroline has NOT handled the advent of Charlene well, or the birth of two healthy bouncing baby heirs that now have made her and her spud irrelevant.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2016, 05:25:53 am »

It does seem like a bad thing looking back (it has not been easy for Caroline to step down, and I don't know if Andrea cared about being heir or not), but at the time he wasn't married and a lot of people didn't think he would ever marry. He had two children out of wedlock during two different decades (two chances for heirs) and didn't marry either of their mothers. So it would make sense to have Caroline have a prominent role as first in line, and her son Andrea was the heir at the time.  dontknow
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2016, 05:50:54 am »

You know, I wonder if it is true that Caroline tried to convince Rainier to change the succession to herself and her son Andrea. After all, this is a woman who whipped a handful of flowers at her newborn younger brother shortly after Albert's birth. I don't know why, but I have a kind of instinctive dislike of Caroline. There's something about her and her heirs that rub me the wrong way. The same way Kate Middleton did when I first saw her on the cover of a tabloid in her lingerie. For a while Caroline was still positioning herself prominently over Charlene.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2016, 07:27:35 am »

It is not only Albert's issue. Monaco needs a capable prince. A teenager or a twenty something will not do. He will be eaten alive.

If Caroline wanted more power she would have it. She is not interested. Still now she is the first lady because Charlene does nothing.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2016, 09:02:18 am »

^ What do you think of? What should she do? I'm interested in your opinion. I like to know both (or more) sides of everything. As for me it's good we have different opinions.  flower

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2016, 09:17:38 am »

I think Charlene is doing fine. She does her appearances. Her twins are under 2, and I think they are her main focus right now.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2016, 09:22:12 am »

Attending events with Albert and learning french. She does the minimum.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2016, 09:31:42 am »

Maybe he doesn't want her to do more? Maybe she is tired from her two babies at home? I like to give people the benefit of the doubt unless I have a good reason not to.  dontknow

Re: learning French, a lot of native English speakers have that problem. Even if they move to a country that speaks only their target language, sometimes they look for people who speak their language and sort of form a bubble. Or the people around them try to be 'polite' and speak English even when they want to practice their target language. Or they are afraid to make mistakes so they try not to speak (no way to learn a new language without making a lot of mistakes, sorry).  dontknow
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2016, 10:15:35 am »

To be fair many children don't react well to new arrivals. My cousin's first daughter wasn't too kind to her little sister either when she was born.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2016, 11:21:06 am »

^^^ Thank you.  flower She has twins so perhaps that's why she goes with Albert but in time she will. It seems to me that she doesn't like public and press so much. Doesn't she learn French? Perhaps she does.  dontknow 

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2016, 01:23:39 pm »

Language is much more important in Euorope than in the US. It is a complete different perspective. Learning french for her is not a choice but a requirement. And she not only needs to learn french but also monaco dialect. She is not a private person but the consort of the head of state.

They laughed at Grace aacent for years but at least she tried. Charlene effort is very low.

She dated him for five years she knew Monaco.

I dont think it is an excuse to have kids. It is her job.

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2016, 02:24:53 pm »

Perhaps every nations have different customs and expectations towards royal family. I can imagine it. A foreing person always is in hard position, I think she is expected to do more.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2016, 09:30:22 pm »

^^ Learning French should be a requirement, but if everyone around her speaks English to her (a common problem among native English speakers who travel to other countries to practice new languages), I don't think she's going to learn. Her level won't get beyond A2 or B1, and she really should be at C1 or C2, especially after so much time. She would have to purposely place herself in an environment where English cannot be used to fall back on in case she doesn't know some words or gets nervous and forgets. The good news is that France is close by so there is a lot of opportunity to practice without much travel, if the people in Monaco are using English with her. IMO Charlene should get a little more tutoring for vocabulary if she needs it, and then Albert should order that the staff speak French only for a time until her level improves.

Re: accents, that takes a lot of practice, have to pay close attention to the sounds. The mimic method (using music) seems to help a lot of people get the sounds right that are difficult to pronounce or hear correctly.

^ I am not sure what is expected of a Princess of Monaco. I am too young to remember Grace Kelly. But I am guessing she did a lot more than Charlene is doing now?
india
Princess

« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2016, 12:37:32 am »

Grace Kelly saved Monaco. She made it glamorous. She gave it life. She worked very hard to make it what it is today. Even though she died in the mid 80's, her influence is still front and center.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: