Royal Gossip
July 23, 2017, 03:47:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry's Trip to Africa (Summer 2015)  (Read 14364 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2015, 04:08:40 am »

There's something not quite right about this Prince Harry anti-poaching story
http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/theres-something-not-quite-right-about-this-prince-harry-antipoaching-story--by9zH1YBEx

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2015, 07:31:34 am »

^^ And how old was Harry when he posed with the water buffalo? Twenty, nineteen perhaps.  He's now nearly thirty one. There were stories at the time that a tranquilliser gun was used and he just posed.
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2015, 01:22:06 pm »

it's a very old picture. maybe he's not hunting any more.

In one of last Christmas he was hunting with his family at sandingarm. I can't understand the difference to be OK hunt birds, foxes and other a imams in UK,  and not in Africa.  I dislike hunt in any country

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2015, 01:59:46 pm »

KHULULA CARE FOR WILD

HELP WITH THE HAND REARING, CARE AND NUTRITIONAL NEEDS OF INFANT AND ORPHANED RHINOS
https://www.conservationafrica.net/khulula-wild-care

AfricanConservation ‏@AfricanConsExp
HRH #PrinceHarry visited Khulula CareForWild to learn about rhino conservation!
https://mobile.twitter.com/AfricanConsExp/status/631411918675308544/photo/1

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2015, 05:30:05 pm »

^^Everything in Africa is exotic and endangered. Crusading for common birds in your home country isn't as "sexy" as crusading for rhinos.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2015, 10:54:37 pm »

Hugh Grosvenor is in that pic with Harry.  The Grosvenors of course own hunting estates in the UK and in Spain.  Hugh is known to be an excellent shot.

It is rather schizoid - they on one hand devote themselves to preserving  the mega animals but happily shoot hundreds of birds, boars and deer on their estates.  It seems to me that their motivation to save rhinos etc is not linked to an understanding of animal emotion/intelligence  and culture - all of which are now being well documented by researchers.  Even animal language is now being deciphered (elephants appear to have a word for humans - and it is an alarm word).  They clearly do not see any link between hunting for birds etc and hunting for big game.  But there is a link and failing to address that means all of these animals will continue to be killed.

Obviously most of us eat meat and so I can support some hunting for food.  But killing 740 birds in a shoot - which Harry and Grosvenor have done - has nothing to do with hunting for food.  It simply reflects a lack of restraint and proper balance.  Plus so much of UK land being maintained in a state to support bird populations  scews the ecology of the UK and is really poor land management - something else the royals are supposed to be so keen about.

I think to have real credibility on this issue they need to stop hunting.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2015, 01:40:29 pm »

Morrissey Accuses Prince Harry Of Being A ‘Passionate Animal Killer’

http://www.inquisitr.com/2332309/morrissey-accuses-prince-harry-of-being-a-passionate-animal-killer/#CUzDPDw5ouQ9sqzu.99
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2015, 01:55:44 pm »

easter-akasha
Hugh Grosvenor is in that pic with Harry.  The Grosvenors of course own hunting estates in the UK and in Spain.  Hugh is known to be an excellent shot.

It is rather schizoid - they on one hand devote themselves to preserving  the mega animals but happily shoot hundreds of birds, boars and deer on their estates.  It seems to me that their motivation to save rhinos etc is not linked to an understanding of animal emotion/intelligence  and culture - all of which are now being well documented by researchers.  Even animal language is now being deciphered (elephants appear to have a word for humans - and it is an alarm word).  They clearly do not see any link between hunting for birds etc and hunting for big game.  But there is a link and failing to address that means all of these animals will continue to be killed.

Obviously most of us eat meat and so I can support some hunting for food.  But killing 740 birds in a shoot - which Harry and Grosvenor have done - has nothing to do with hunting for food.  It simply reflects a lack of restraint and proper balance.  Plus so much of UK land being maintained in a state to support bird populations  scews the ecology of the UK and is really poor land management - something else the royals are supposed to be so keen about.

I think to have real credibility on this issue they need to stop hunting.

More or less agree! Good post

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2015, 07:09:19 pm »

When Harry met Manje
https://www.conservationafrica.net/news/post/188

Prince Harry Hangs with Baby Rhinos on African Conservation Trip – and He Has a Beard!
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20944759,00.html

It’s Time for Prince Harry, the Hunting Hypocrite, to Give Up the Gun
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/13/it-s-time-for-prince-harry-the-hunting-hypocrite-to-give-up-the-gun.html
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:14:01 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2015, 01:35:35 am »

New Book Reveals How Prince Harry Developed a 'Lifelong Passion for Africa' as a Young Boy

Africa has long been a place of deep meaning for the royal family: In 1952, a then-25-year-old Princess Elizabeth was on safari in Kenya when she learned that her father, King George VI, had died – thus beginning her record-breaking reign. In 2010, Prince William proposed to his then-girlfriend, Kate Middleton, in Kenya. And Prince Harry is in Africa right now working to further conservation efforts.
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20946421,00.html

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2015, 10:59:38 pm »

lovely holidays  bored3

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2015, 03:45:18 am »

While reading the affair thread, it occurred to me "Where is Jecca lately ?" And when I brought up her fiance's name on Google News, he was in this article about putting together the program for Harry. How did I miss that before  tehe Now little sugarplum conspiracy theory fairies dance in my head  easter-egg-basket

http://www.eonline.com/news/685789/prince-harry-makes-friends-with-rhinos-in-south-africa-and-he-s-got-a-full-grown-beard
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2015, 08:08:39 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3215556/Harry-Lionheart-Remarkable-images-conservationist-Prince-declares-way-life-want-here.html

Will he move there?

marion
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2015, 11:02:29 am »

Who knows - maybe he could take willy and waity with him
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2015, 01:21:12 pm »

Must be so amazing rush getting so up close to a lion and touching it .

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2015, 02:32:35 pm »

Remarkable photos of those magnificent lions with Harry. He's certainly seeing how things are done and may bring back so great ideas for his and Willie's Foundation.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2015, 12:24:34 am »

Prince Harry jokes: 'I am a bad uncle for missing Charlotte's christening'

Prince Harry wasn't able to see Princess Charlotte until she was three weeks old. He then missed her christening because he had already committed to joining conservation projects in Southern Africa. Talking about the vital work he is carrying out, the royal joked that he was "a bad uncle" for not being there when Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, née Kate Middleton, marked their daughter's big day.
http://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2015083027024/prince-harry-says-i-am-bad-uncle-for-missing-princess-charlottes-christening/

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2015, 06:31:55 am »

i don't think there's anyone blaming him for missing the charade of the year, except maybe the midds ...in private
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2015, 03:15:32 am »

Prince Harry Cooked, Changed Tires and Slept Under the Stars: 'He Is Like an African Man'

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20951393,00.html

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2015, 06:45:27 am »

^ I can imagine Harry revelling in being able to help and being treated as a valued part of the team. He'll come back reenergised, I believe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: