Royal Gossip
May 29, 2017, 11:44:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Harry pushed forward to replace William and Kate?  (Read 15541 times)
Wish
royal watcher

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2015, 10:14:53 am »

I don't think the British people will have a problem with William being king (or Kate being queen for that matter) the problems lie with Kate's family.  Regardless to what we think on this board the people of Britain have had a royal family for centuries and have been conditioned to accept the reigning monarch regardless of the flaws and indiscretions. 

However, in modern times the British people have never encountered a ruthless social climbing family of opportunists such like the Middletons and unless they are reined in then I fear the monarchy will suffer.  It was interesting to note that the queen made a point of going to the Women's Institute with her daughter and daughter in-law, she also made her annual visit the Chelsea Flower Show (with the rest of the senior royals in tow), and made the headlines with her visit to Harry's garden.  Then she capped it off by rewarding Harry with Knight of Royal Victorian Order.  It's all very subtle but HM is gently reminding the British people who the royal family are and it's not the Middletons.  We have Royal Ascot coming up and I will wager that once again HM will use the occasion to highlight the "real" royal family.  The Middletons "might" get a ride in a carriage but, if they do I'm sure it will be so that HM can judge the feelings of her people.  If "outraged from Tonbridge Wells" posts too many negative comments in the Mail about them sharing a ride with the queen then I think that the Middletons will start to feel the real power of the British establishment.  If I were the Middletons I would stay with Wimbledon because attending the "sport of kings" may just be the beginning of the end for them.

The Middletons might think they're playing the "long-game" by hanging on to William's coat tails but, if they had truly studied their history then they should realise the royals play the same game better and very rarely do their opponents see it coming.  The queen is too much of a traditionalist to try and force out William but, in her own subtle way she will make sure that the British public are reminded which members of the family have "true" royal blood.
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 04:28:52 am »

"William is the steadier of the two brothers. HM and Charles have approved his approach both having wished to spend more time as parents with their young children but forced by duty to step up."

Working a few hundred royal engagements a year does not add up to a tough work schedule. They wouldn't be torn away from their children by being forced to work evil royal engagements. It would amount to far less than a 40 hour week, let's not kid ourselves. William will now be pretending to work a 40 hour week as a pilot, but somehow this is better for him as a parent than working 20 hours of week of royal engagements instead?

I see nothing steady in William, other than his constant whining, ducking of responsibility, and selfish attitude. He spent a decade skipping around branches of the military, committing to nothing, and not pulling his military weight. He dragged his feet on his unsuitable bride, only marrying her as a last resort out of laziness and guilt. He doesn't show steadiness of character, long-term thinking, committed support to his role and charities, or an even-keel temperament. He has shown no improvement or development in his role, unlike Harry who consistently improves and learns over time.

I also see no tacit approval from HM or Charles that they are ok with the current lazy attitude. I think they were rooked into giving them the largest KP apartment with Anmer as a weekend-only retreat, and William pulled a fast one on them. They expected these two to be full-time royals and William pulled the EAAA thing behind their backs.

HM and Charles play the long game, but neither of them knows how to handle William and his erratic behavior - just like they couldn't handle Diana's.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:34:12 am by My2Pence » Logged
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 04:32:37 am »

dupe post
archduchess
courtier

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2015, 08:11:00 am »

HERE comes pics of George and Charlotte. cant have harry having all this good press

you got it right  tehe
Creepy
gossip insider

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2015, 01:41:10 am »

Katy Cambridge´s faux paus moments won´t decrease in frequency so for our viewing pleasure there is going to be an epically shameful consort Queen funny momments and a King who couldn´t care less. Her exhibicionist tendencies when/if she becomes queenie will make their way to History books.  easter-bunny bignono
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2015, 10:47:47 pm »

Harry fleeing the christening and once again put center stage.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3117260/Prince-Harry-Prince-Charles-arrive-London-s-Royal-Hospital-Chelsea-Gurkhas-pageant-mark-200-years-service-British-Crown.html
 Carole making lovepotion for Wills
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2016, 05:00:25 pm »

As for me, I DO think something graver than a divorce is to be announced, like an abdication. Signs are :

- William is trapped in reading a pro-Brexit speech -> Which makes him sounds like a monarch who has no idea about what he does.
- Kate does not go to the Shamrocks anymore. -> Kate is not a royal anymore.
- William is publicly announced to see his former flame in Africa. -> Time to announce it is a troubled marriage.
- The DM's title of the article about Harry's interview yesterday : "Prince Harry admits he struggles with the pressure of walking in the Queen's 'remarkable' footsteps" (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3506297/Prince-Harry-hails-Queen-remarkable-admits-struggles-pressure-walking-footsteps.html). -> Isn't it clear ?
- Harry rumoured to go to Yale. Last year, the Queen bought a flat in New York.

I got this off of the surrogacy thread and I think Harry will be replaced; Kate not doing the Irish Guard presentation could be a signal that she won't be a royal duchess and future Queen Consort in the future. I just think Harry will be moved forward as heir and I think he's going to be sent to school to learn how to handle diplomacy and how to handle things that William should have been trained in. I don't think Harry would refuse if offered and I think he would like to be king. I think it would be telling to see how Harry takes to such a role, as the new future king.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 09:56:22 pm »

A couple of points about the last post by KF:

Harry doesn't have the grades for Yale (or any university). 2 poor A levels won't get someone into a university and to do the alleged course, which has been denied, requires a bachelor's course at the very least which he doesn't have (William has a masters degree by comparison)

The Queen's property in New York was bought in her name but not for her personally as it was bought by the New Zealand government as an official NZ property and thus in the name of HM the Queen of New Zealand. There are many such properties all over the world - ones in her name as the Head of State but not her personal property.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 10:09:19 pm »

^

Unfortunately the RF manage to get in to the University of their choice without the requisite grades.  I think that was how Charles obtained a place at Cambridge.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2016, 10:15:34 pm »

A couple of points about the last post by KF:

Harry doesn't have the grades for Yale (or any university). 2 poor A levels won't get someone into a university and to do the alleged course, which has been denied, requires a bachelor's course at the very least which he doesn't have (William has a masters degree by comparison)

The Queen's property in New York was bought in her name but not for her personally as it was bought by the New Zealand government as an official NZ property and thus in the name of HM the Queen of New Zealand. There are many such properties all over the world - ones in her name as the Head of State but not her personal property.

I don't think a lack of good grades would prevent Harry from being accepted; if Hollywood celebs can get into Harvard then I am sure that Harry can get into Yale. I do think Harry is being given more important assignments and meeting with heads of state is a signal that he's being moved forward.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2016, 10:23:50 pm »

All royals meet Heads of State - nothing special there. William met the President of Kenya on Thursday. Anne, Andrew, Edward right down to the Duke of Kent met Heads of State when they visit overseas nations. Not every time of course - if they are going to Germany for the day as they do then no meeting with the President but if there for multiple days then it is the normal practice to meet the Head of State.

Harry's grades weren't even good enough for them to push for a university place - his grades showed a lack of academic ability and there would be an outcry if he were to get such a place - remember the outcry over William's bespoke course at Cambridge because his school marks weren't good enough for Cambridge. At that time he already had a full degree from St Andrew's - a university for which he did have the grades - and was doing a short special course and not a full course.

Harry won't be going to any university and certainly not to the USA. That would be seen as a total insult to the British education system and would upset a lot of Brits.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2016, 10:35:36 pm »

During appearances on the balcony Harry is placed next to the Queen, a sign that he's in favor and William, despite being someone who is next in line and should be nearer HM. As for overseas education, it's been done before and I don't think he's someone who would dislike learning in a foreign country.

Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2016, 11:56:16 pm »

- Harry rumoured to go to Yale. Last year, the Queen bought a flat in New York. [/b]

Where did you read the Queen bought a flat in New York?

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2016, 12:26:19 am »

There were reports last year that an apartment had been bought in the Queen's name -- which it was - but it was bought by the NZ government for the use of NZ diplomats etc. Some people erroneously assumed that it was bought as part of the Queen's personal property portfolio not realising that all of the Queen's realms buy property for the use of their diplomats and officials in the name of The Queen.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2016, 01:07:10 am »

Back on topic, I think Harry will be groomed; moved into place and the kids are ineligible if they come from surrogates.

- Harry rumoured to go to Yale. Last year, the Queen bought a flat in New York. [/b]
Where did you read the Queen bought a flat in New York?

This is just a quote I picked up from another thread! I'm not claiming anything!

Joanna
gossip insider

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2016, 11:40:03 am »

^I agree, I think Harry is being groomed. I find that his admitting that "he struggles with the pressure of walking in the Queen's 'remarkable' footsteps" quite interesting.  There's no doubt in my mind he would make a better King than his brother. sigh
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2016, 12:23:08 pm »

^ Is there any legal way for doing it?  eating cookies

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2016, 12:28:27 pm »

There has to be.  Apparently HM gets Acts of Parliament pushed through, very fast, via Parliament. Bit like politics, meant not to interfere or have knowledge.  If she wants to get rid of bill medd nad get Harry in there then it will be done.  No matter who says what, HM gets her own way, bit like the court system, why do so many royals and government members get off with most things, HM runs the courts, but we are not meant to know that, she runs everything. So yes, irrespective of anything else, if that is the route she wants to take `lace then it will. She must realise by now he is not fit for the job.  Almost 34 and still thinks he is a teeny bopper about town playing on the "Diana is Dead" card, which wore out donkeys years ago and has been long forgotten  -  can only trade off something like that for so long.
Joanna
gossip insider

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2016, 12:52:45 pm »

^^ I'm not british so I don't know much about the british laws, my knowledge is limited to what the kind members of this forum have told me but if I understood correctly the only legal way to do this would be if William renounced to his claim (rights?) to the throne or was proven unfit for the position.

Then his children would be next in line and here's what I'm not sure about, I think they would only be removed in the same way their father could be: by death or if it were to be proved in a court that they're not fit to rule (not being a legitimate child or suffering serious illness could be reasonings) but I don't know.  dontknow

^I hope they take to heart the saying "desperate times call for desperate measures".  eating cookies
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 12:56:15 pm by Joanna » Logged
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2016, 01:54:01 pm »

Harry won't be going to any university and certainly not to the USA. That would be seen as a total insult to the British education system and would upset a lot of Brits.

Oh yes, he could, just to make publicity. British and American universities must be beginning a crisis now. Student loans are hard to being refunded ; youngsters struggle to get a good job. Now parents are wondering if universities are so good and would rather put their children to apprenticeship. So I don't think any American or British university can afford to refuse Harry.

^^ I'm not british so I don't know much about the british laws, my knowledge is limited to what the kind members of this forum have told me but if I understood correctly the only legal way to do this would be if William renounced to his claim (rights?) to the throne or was proven unfit for the position.

Then his children would be next in line and here's what I'm not sure about, I think they would only be removed in the same way their father could be: by death or if it were to be proved in a court that they're not fit to rule (not being a legitimate child or suffering serious illness could be reasonings) but I don't know.  dontknow

^I hope they take to heart the saying "desperate times call for desperate measures".  eating cookies

The Parliament is the sovereign power ; the Queen is only tolerated. If the Parliament decides any person is unfit to be the monarch or in the Line of Succession, it can. Except it won't be without scandals and political uproar and crisis. It is a very grave decision to do. You know the War of Wales, the PR dispute between Charles and Diana ? This is nothing compared to what would happen if William or the children were removed from the line.
After this, I don't think any member here can guess how removing the children will be implemented. Even the politicians and courtiers mustn't know. It is an unprecedented fact.

By the way, my own words were quoted here by Kuei Fei from the surrogacy thread.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: