Royal Gossip
June 23, 2017, 07:40:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Harry pushed forward to replace William and Kate?  (Read 16216 times)
Stephanie
Princess

« on: June 04, 2015, 07:52:40 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3111370/Just-case-needed-title-Prince-Harry-KNIGHT-grandmother-appoints-Royal-Victorian-Order.html
Harry is getting more and more recognition while con artists Wimpo and Waity are wasting away at Shadow Hall. Carole making lovepotion for Wills
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 10:04:42 pm »

We can but hope.  But bill medd is spitting feathers  laugh laugh laugh laugh
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 10:16:19 pm »

William has both the Garter and the Thistle and is an Aide-de-Camp to HM. These are much higher knighthoods than the RVO which ranks 6th in the order of knighthoods while William has the two highest ranked ones.

Harry has been given the Royal Victorian Order.

The interesting thing is that this is the one award she hasn't given Charles although Anne, Andrew and Edward and the other HRHs have (not Beatrice or Eugenie of course). The only two adult HRHs who don't have any level of the Royal Victorian Order are the future Kings - Charles and William. Even Prince Michael of Kent has this one.

I wouldn't read too much into this other than Harry has served The Queen in some way.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 10:18:31 pm »

^^Do you really think so?   Way down deep inside of himself?  He might not like it but I think a part of him wouldn't exactly *despise* being removed from the responsibility.  IF he got to keep all his perks.  Harry seems to be so much more of a better link between the monarchy and the rest of the world.  Well, it's nice to dream anyway.  Harry might not like it but he'd do a dam# good job and far far more what the monarchy needs right now.  Somebody they LIKE.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 10:33:57 pm »

HERE comes pics of George and Charlotte. cant have harry having all this good press

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 10:34:34 pm »

Yes I do believe this.

William is the future King and will do a fine job when the time comes.

Historically the 'charismatic' one doesn't cut it as monarch while the boring, steady one does. Look back at the last four or so generations - Eddy and George V - Eddy was popular, outgoing and a bit of a dummy but the steady George was a fine monarch. That was repeated in the next generation when the charismatic, in touch with the people couldn't cut it as the monarch and couldn't handle the constraints of being monarch which lead to the government grasping the opportunity of his love life to force him to abdicate and again in came the steady, boring but in the end very popular George VI. Margaret was always the outgoing fun-loving sister but Elizabeth is the much-loved and respected steady as she goes monarch and again in Charles' generation - Andrew the fun-loving popular younger brother but no one would want Andrew as King. Harry couldn't handle the desk life in the military and that was his future - do you really think he could handle the hours and hours of desk-bound work that the monarch has to do every day of the year (it takes the Queen around 4 hours a day to do her boxes and deal with the rest of the paper work she has to do and she only has two days off from that per year). Harry might connect to the people but he isn't monarch material. He is too flighty.

William is the steadier of the two brothers. HM and Charles have approved his approach both having wished to spend more time as parents with their young children but forced by duty to step up.

I know my view is unpopular on this board but I do believe that William is doing what he is doing with HM and Charles' total approval and that he will step up his number of duties when he is needed. He has shown in both Japan and China that he can do what is required. I saw him in Sydney - sort of - the crowd was 10+ deep and he was somewhere in the street and I was at the back of the crowd and everyone was pleased to see him.

In time William will do a fine job but given the longevity of his grandparents it could be another decade before he is the heir apparent and another 20 after that before he is the monarch - or it could happen next week. He has been doing investitures and attending meetings, meeting national leaders on overseas tours etc and so it being prepared for his future role in the same way that The Queen trained Charles - experience - learning the job by doing the job.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 11:40:45 pm »

^
I know what you are saying, mememe.
However I feel that Wimpo does not WANT the job, he IMO rejects it beforehand.
Chuck( no matter what his faults are) has shown from an early age on that he wants to serve and sees his responsibilities.
Wimpo on the other hand does not.
He has a vanity "job" and fills his time with Manson drama.
Harry IMO is the steady one when it comes to duties and discipline.
Personally I compare Wimpo with Eddy-lets his private affairs consume him and runs away sulking and complaining.
Harry is portayed as the "dumb" one for not going to college but I feel Harry is a lot more perceptive the Wimpo.
In a way if feels wrong to talk about brothers this way but Wimpo brought it to himself for not serving, not even in his"job", his endless vacations, his despise for the public, his out of control spending etc.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 12:32:25 am »

I hope you're right meememe, but PW two biggest hobbies right now seem to be vacationing and complaining. Yes, people can change, but the best predictor of future behavior is past/present behavior. :(
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 12:47:36 am »

I think William and Kate are being eased out; I do think Harry is becoming the favored one mainly since after all, Kate was all over Harry and her instincts about men who are on their way up are often spot on.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 03:11:28 am »

I sure hope so!
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 01:35:36 pm »

Yes I do believe this.

William is the future King and will do a fine job when the time comes.

Historically the 'charismatic' one doesn't cut it as monarch while the boring, steady one does. Look back at the last four or so generations - Eddy and George V - Eddy was popular, outgoing and a bit of a dummy but the steady George was a fine monarch. That was repeated in the next generation when the charismatic, in touch with the people couldn't cut it as the monarch and couldn't handle the constraints of being monarch which lead to the government grasping the opportunity of his love life to force him to abdicate and again in came the steady, boring but in the end very popular George VI. Margaret was always the outgoing fun-loving sister but Elizabeth is the much-loved and respected steady as she goes monarch and again in Charles' generation - Andrew the fun-loving popular younger brother but no one would want Andrew as King. Harry couldn't handle the desk life in the military and that was his future - do you really think he could handle the hours and hours of desk-bound work that the monarch has to do every day of the year (it takes the Queen around 4 hours a day to do her boxes and deal with the rest of the paper work she has to do and she only has two days off from that per year). Harry might connect to the people but he isn't monarch material. He is too flighty.

William is the steadier of the two brothers. HM and Charles have approved his approach both having wished to spend more time as parents with their young children but forced by duty to step up.

I know my view is unpopular on this board but I do believe that William is doing what he is doing with HM and Charles' total approval and that he will step up his number of duties when he is needed. He has shown in both Japan and China that he can do what is required. I saw him in Sydney - sort of - the crowd was 10+ deep and he was somewhere in the street and I was at the back of the crowd and everyone was pleased to see him.

In time William will do a fine job but given the longevity of his grandparents it could be another decade before he is the heir apparent and another 20 after that before he is the monarch - or it could happen next week. He has been doing investitures and attending meetings, meeting national leaders on overseas tours etc and so it being prepared for his future role in the same way that The Queen trained Charles - experience - learning the job by doing the job.

William will not do a good job, IMO, because of his arrogance and character. A King needs to have more selflessness and a good care and regard for people. In 10 good years, the Diana factor will be a distant memory. He's a poor speciman - not King material.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 04:40:41 pm »

I have a weird feeling, and have had this feeling for a very long time, but I don't feel William will ever be king.  I have no rational explanation for this feeling, but it's very strong.

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 04:44:07 pm »

You know, if Harry replaced William, I do think it would totally shatter William; I don't think he's going to be King, but I wonder how William will handle it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 05:56:10 pm »

^Boy, I wish I gave a sh#t how he'd feel about it if such a thing happened.  IF the unbelievable happens and Harry jumps ahead in line, until George, PW brought it all upon himself.  He has made it beyond clear what kind of lifestyle he prefers and it doesn't bear much resemblance to what others in the RF are up to.  He's been wanting a 'normal' lifestyle since I can remember and his animosity towards the media appears to border on a certain madness that is counter-intuitive to the connection the people require to keep the monies flowing and the charities engaged.  He tries to hide it but there is always an undercurrent of reluctance and disdain that is a complete turnoff to me and I'm sick of seeing it.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 06:54:21 pm »

I have a weird feeling, and have had this feeling for a very long time, but I don't feel William will ever be king.  I have no rational explanation for this feeling, but it's very strong.

Maybe not quite so weird.  I have read several birth charts/horoscope type things for bill medd, and they have said he will never be king, and he could have a short life span.  Now, we all know these things can be wrong, and are based on many things, but interesting nonetheless.  I donĀ“t see the sprogs as being king or queen either, never in a month of Sundays.

As ever, time will tell, we keep will just wait and see how things develop.  But do tend to agree with you, I have never felt he would make it to king either.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 10:28:02 pm »

Well, Willie hasn't exactly been living the healthiest lifestyle. He looks like he lost a bunch of weight, he smokes, and he looks to have aged a decade in the last five years. Top that off with the drinking and partying in his 20's. And considering how casual Uncle Gary was about chopping up drugs on camera, I would not be surprised at all if there was some drug use at his place. These things will eventually catch up with someone.

I think Harry needs to focus more on his job. He looks to have put on some weight, which isn't a good sign because military men are supposed to be in top shape. I would also like to see the partying (drunk/nudity) end. He's far too old for that nonsense; it's time to grow up. I like that he's doing charity work and I'd like to see more of that. Harry does seem to have a good connection with people, so they should definitely have him do more appearances.
Diaphenous
courtier

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 11:29:54 pm »

Well, if predictions are anything to go by, Charles will become King but not for long.  Something is going to happen to William, perhaps an accident whilst he is flying and someone will take the throne with sadness because he is alone and has lost people close to him.  I know a lot of these predictions are never correct but something resonated with me regarding this and I would not be surprised if the above did not play out.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 11:44:08 pm »

Even if something, and God forbid really, happened to PW, Harry would be Prince Regent for George, right?  If George was under 18, that is, I think. 

OR, does HM have the power to change the line of succession? 

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 12:25:16 am »

The Queen can't change the line of succession.

If George became King before he turned 18 Harry would be regent until George's 18th birthday and then George would take over fully from that day onwards.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 03:14:12 am »

First off - only Parliament can change the line of succession so I rather doubt that Harry is being pushed forward to replace Will.

Second off - I agree with memeeme - Will is boring but he is ultimately a steadier person than Harry.  Harry is a great representative for the monarchy but there are lots of signs he is not so steady in his private life.  And I do not think Harry wants to be King either - he has made a lot of statements that indicate he is just fine where he is.

Be careful what you want - you might get it !   Shocked

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: