Royal Gossip
December 13, 2017, 12:59:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cressida Bonas: News and Chat Thread IV  (Read 50558 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #500 on: August 09, 2017, 12:41:55 am »

Don't just call me Harry's ex, says Cressida: Actress says she finds it 'incredibly frustrating' while she is trying to forge her career
Cressida Bonas has said she has found it ‘incredibly frustrating’ to be ‘pigeonholed’ as Prince Harry’s ex-girlfriend while trying to forge a career as an actress.
The 28-year-old, who dated Prince Harry for two years, said she had found people ‘very quick’ to put her in a box when it came to her career.
Miss Bonas is currently playing Sonia Brownell, a literary editor remembered as the second wife of George Orwell, at the Old Red Lion Theatre, London.
She is said to have split with Prince Harry in 2014 because she wanted an acting career and could not stand the public scrutiny she endured during their relationship.
When asked whether the publicity gave her an insight into ‘being defined by a much more famous man’ yesterday, she replied: ‘Yeah, I think it’s that thing of being pigeonholed. Especially in this country, I find people are very quick to put you in a box or put you in a corner and think “oh well you’re that so you must be that”.’
Asked if she found it frustrating, she told Radio 4 Woman’s Hour: ‘Yes, it’s incredibly frustrating. ‘Especially, you know, in the industry that I’m in. But, you know, it is the way it is and it’s sort of making a stand and saying “No this is who I am, and this is what I want to do.”
‘And the same with Sonia [Orwell], but in obviously a completely different context. I think if Sonia was in today’s world I think maybe she’d be celebrated because she was very ambitious, she was very modern.
‘But in that time I think, you know, it was, you know, maybe in her group of friends yes they were all like that but in that time in that world I think it was a man’s world and I think ambition and that wasn’t, it wasn’t the thing for a woman to be like.’
Miss Bonas is said to be in a relationship dated 27-year-old property developer Harry Wentworth-Stanley, an old Harrovian Wentworth-Stanley and son of Clare Mountbatten, Marchioness of Milford Haven, who she dated two years before she met Prince Harry.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4773176/Don-t-just-call-Harry-s-ex-says-Cressida-Bonas.html#ixzz4pD47DsQK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Oh really? Didn't she have a pr person, her mum's boyfriend, put out all those articles regarding impending engagement and having her described in the headline of each artice as being Prince Harry's girlfriend? Please, she tried to trade on the relationship and got burnt by getting dumped and now she's trying to back peddle and act like she's just a woman who just wants to forge an acting career off of her talents.  eating cookies Alrighty then.

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #501 on: August 09, 2017, 12:58:25 am »

The lady does protest too much. She is no shrinking violet and had masses of PR. Her bit part in Tulip Fever has not even been seen yet. And the Bye Bye Man got panned.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #502 on: August 09, 2017, 01:18:53 am »

^I heard that she was naked in that movie and can't act. 
So she's still using her relationship with Harry to get press for the play that she was cast in because she could get press for being Prine Harry's ex. eating cookies
Cressida Bonas Says It’s ‘Incredibly Frustrating’ to Be Known as Prince Harry’s Ex-Girlfriend
Though she realizes it’ll happen from time to time, Bonas is committed to showing people there’s a whole other side to her. Her resume backs that up: She’s acted in several plays, as well nabbing roles in the films Tulip Fever (alongside Alicia Vikander and Judi Dench) and The Bye Bye Man.
“It’s about making a stand,” she says. “Saying no, this is who I am and this is what I want to do.”
http://people.com/royals/cressida-bonas-says-its-incredibly-frustrating-to-be-known-as-prince-harrys-ex-girlfriend/

Keep Calm and Carry On
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #503 on: August 09, 2017, 02:13:19 pm »

And she was happy being lapped too, with books that had little to do with her acting.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #504 on: August 09, 2017, 10:12:11 pm »

She must have very serious PR that her whining got into People Magazine as well as the DM> I think Harry broke up with her and she is trying to save face. If she does not like attention, then why does she have high powered PR plus an acting career limited to bit parts and roles in small theatre companies. But maybe her whingeing would fit right in to the BRF who have some whingers in the family.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #505 on: September 27, 2017, 12:31:56 pm »

Poor Cressie Bonas is low on credit

Cressida Bonas called dating Prince Harry ‘incredibly frustrating’ because it prevented her from making her name as an actress.

The blue-blooded blonde, 28, won praise for her performance in Mrs Orwell, which moved to the Southwark Playhouse this month. But her post-Harry career path is not exactly lucrative. New documents show that her company, Cressida Bonas Ltd, had just £353 in the bank as of March.

The former dancer set up the company in 2015, and listed the nature of its business as ‘performing arts’.

Cressie split from Harry in 2014, and has since been dating dashing property developer Harry Wentworth-Stanley.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4923688/Jacob-Rees-Mogg-proves-s-doting-dad.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #506 on: September 27, 2017, 03:34:49 pm »

I think she protests too much. She mentioned this already. Worry about your own acting skills not about rehashing dating Harry. She is not going to be an A list actress. It is a small theatre and her family is helping bankroll her appearances. She was never a professional dancer. She danced for some commercial and was not very good. I think she will marry up and is waiting for "the ring" then the acting will be a thing of the past.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #507 on: October 10, 2017, 02:40:51 am »

How sleazy Harvey Weinstein championed Cressida: Friends hope his disgrace won't damage her career
Prince Harry’s ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas will be hoping the tide of sleaze allegations engulfing Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein doesn’t damage her acting career before it’s barely begun.
Pudding-faced Weinstein, 65, who has been accused of sexual harassment by a string of actresses, was said to have been ‘mentoring’ aristocratic Cressida, 28.
The ambitious dance graduate suddenly went from am-dram productions and plays performed in tiny theatres above pubs to roles in major Hollywood films.
Weinstein handed her a part in his £19 million costume drama Tulip Fever and publicly showered her with praise.
‘Cressida is great in Tulip Fever and people will see what a fantastic actress she is — so beautiful, too,’ the New Yorker gushed after casting her as a socialite in the 17th-century romance. ‘It will be the first of many, many roles for her, I’m sure. I 100 per cent get the sense from her that she has no interest in celebrity and wants to be an actress.
‘She is really hard-working and not taking advantage of any media profile.’ Speaking at a 2015 London screening of another film made by his company, Big Eyes, attended by Cressida, he said: ‘She’s not here to get her picture in the paper, she’s here to come see Big Eyes and support me.
‘I didn’t cast her because she is linked to Prince Harry, I cast her because she was perfect in her audition. I’ll cast her again and so will a lot of people. When the movie comes out, people will see.’
Sadly, Tulip Fever has still not been released in this country, but tonight Cressida is due to attend the premiere of Hollywood comedy horror film Double Date, in which she has a role.
A friend of Cressida insists: ‘She was not mentored by Weinstein. She was cast in one of his films and scarcely met him.’
Yesterday, a spokesman for Cressida declined to comment on her working relationship with Weinstein. There is no suggestion that Weinstein has been accused of sexually harassing Cressida.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4964634/How-sleazy-Harvey-Weinstein-championed-Cressida-Bonas.html#ixzz4v44L0UYM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
 eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #508 on: October 10, 2017, 12:57:06 pm »

"Mentoring".. in conjunction with Weinstein, that always sounded sketchy, to say the least...  Lips Sealed
sandy
Princess

« Reply #509 on: October 10, 2017, 04:34:34 pm »

Obviously a time to distance herself from his being a mentor

Cressida  has really no "acting career" to speak of. An extra in Tulip Fever (which was panned), plays in small theatres and the part in Bye Bye Man, grade z horror film.

I don't think too many people will see Tulip Fever--she is not even listed under the main credits on IMDB.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #510 on: October 10, 2017, 05:47:58 pm »

^^ With Cressida there were most likely strings pulled from mommy or Branson or someone else so that she looks on the path of a thriving acting career. I don't think she was part of Weinstein's shenanigans but who knows.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #511 on: October 10, 2017, 08:18:02 pm »

^ Who knows indeed. I'm not sure we'll ever find out, but "high ranking" actresses, even those with "pedigree", were never safe from these things, in spite of all they had (talent, connections, awards etc etc). It is quite possible that Cress didn't have to do the casting couch/ wasn't harrassed, possibly her connections initially saved her from that (hopes of "return in investment" in the form of the London Toast promoting Weinstein's business?); plus her role in Tulip Fever is, from all I heard, small and forgettable and she never made anything better than that. Saying "no" to Weinstein and his ilk usually means the end of a career or a small career, which Cressida's has been so far. dontknow

Above, I wasn't implying that Cress necessarily did anything, but any relationship (work, private, as mentor or otherwise) with Weinstein is always sketchy and brings up many questions.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #512 on: October 10, 2017, 11:04:30 pm »

Hope nothing happened and she stays away from him .if asked stay out of it

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #513 on: October 12, 2017, 05:29:31 pm »

How sleazy Harvey Weinstein championed Cressida: Friends hope his disgrace won't damage her career

Prince Harry’s ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas will be hoping the tide of sleaze allegations engulfing Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein doesn’t damage her acting career before it’s barely begun.

Pudding-faced Weinstein, 65, who has been accused of sexual harassment by a string of actresses, was said to have been ‘mentoring’ aristocratic Cressida, 28.

The ambitious dance graduate suddenly went from am-dram productions and plays performed in tiny theatres above pubs to roles in major Hollywood films.

Weinstein handed her a part in his £19 million costume drama Tulip Fever and publicly showered her with praise.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/10/01/246A795700000578-0-image-a-27_1507593654808.jpg

‘Cressida is great in Tulip Fever and people will see what a fantastic actress she is — so beautiful, too,’ the New Yorker gushed after casting her as a socialite in the 17th-century romance. ‘It will be the first of many, many roles for her, I’m sure. I 100 per cent get the sense from her that she has no interest in celebrity and wants to be an actress.

‘She is really hard-working and not taking advantage of any media profile.’ Speaking at a 2015 London screening of another film made by his company, Big Eyes, attended by Cressida, he said: ‘She’s not here to get her picture in the paper, she’s here to come see Big Eyes and support me.

‘I didn’t cast her because she is linked to Prince Harry, I cast her because she was perfect in her audition. I’ll cast her again and so will a lot of people. When the movie comes out, people will see.’

Sadly, Tulip Fever has still not been released in this country, but tonight Cressida is due to attend the premiere of Hollywood comedy horror film Double Date, in which she has a role.

A friend of Cressida insists: ‘She was not mentored by Weinstein. She was cast in one of his films and scarcely met him.’

Yesterday, a spokesman for Cressida declined to comment on her working relationship with Weinstein. There is no suggestion that Weinstein has been accused of sexually harassing Cressida.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4964634/How-sleazy-Harvey-Weinstein-championed-Cressida-Bonas.html

She looks as comfortable in the pic as most would be.. Praying to escape the creep asap.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #514 on: October 12, 2017, 10:52:56 pm »

Girls' night! Cressida Bonas beams with half-sister Isabella Calthorpe as she joins fellow society beauties for a VIP party co-hosted by Princess Eugenie

Princess Eugenie, 27, co-hosted a VIP party at The Halcyon Gallery in London
    Guests included actress Cressida Bonas and her half-sister Isabella Calthorpe
    They mingled with other society beauties including model Amber Le Bon
    Donna Air, the girlfriend of James Middleton, also attended and looked radiant

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4971456/Cressida-Bonas-Eugenie-London-gallery-VIP-party.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #515 on: October 13, 2017, 12:16:07 am »

When will Carole get James and his girlfriend to walk down the aisle?
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #516 on: October 22, 2017, 10:01:46 pm »

^According to a review I read about the horror film Cressida was really bad in that film.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #517 on: October 22, 2017, 11:12:42 pm »

She was not very good. I could not watch the whole movie it was so awful.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #518 on: October 22, 2017, 11:53:14 pm »

laugh

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #519 on: October 23, 2017, 08:16:45 pm »

watched the whole film 3 college students renting a house a creepy house at that .yup fun times to be had

the acting in bye bye is right on par with the acting in those syfy origanl mvoies tehe  cressida is very soft spoken so i can see why when she was doing stage plays it was hard for people to hear her

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: