Royal Gossip
December 16, 2017, 10:22:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 75th Birthday of Queen Margrethe  (Read 11286 times)
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2015, 01:10:08 am »

Wasn't Henri supposed to have had a tantrum at  Willem Alexander and Maxie's wedding, or is my memory playing tricks? The trouble is, there have been a few of these incidents and he doesn't seem to be settling down about the King Consort thing at all. If he had been seen in Venice looking as if he'd been ill it wouldn't have been so bad, but Henrik been in the greatest of high spirits, it seems. I do wonder if he might be getting just a touch of dementia, which wouldn't be unusual at his age.
HC
Countess

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2015, 10:07:44 am »

Q M has always indulged Henri.
But I'm guessing she got fed up at the press conference in Belgium.
The reporters of course asked about the terrorist attack in Denmark at the time.
Unfortunately Henri was asked also about the "I ought to be King" theme.

And Q M looked so embarrassed when Henri talked and talked about how he should be King.

Afterwards she perhaps told him it was inapprobiate when Denmark was in danger. And Henri might have said she could try to manage without him.

Fact is Q M smiled during the whole birthday celebration.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2015, 05:12:05 pm »

I don't think it's dementia he has been like this forever....

I believe they have separate lives right now, I thought that at least QM had a good relationship with him but it doesn't seem that way.

QM was smiling but it looked forced a lot of times.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2015, 06:29:43 pm »

Well, marriages are tricky things.  I've always thought they were happy, as well.   And this may simply be a part of their relationship -- Henri feels unappreciated and not given his due, and he stomps off in a tiff, it blows over, and things go back to normal.     king

There may be more tension in the DRF with M's age and health, all the grandchildren growing up fast, and the prospect of the changing of the guard. 
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2015, 06:35:58 pm »

It is also a tricky family.

The other day I read a phrase that sums well any monarchy family: "they are dysfunctional because the institution requires characteristics that are not natural to humans".

Henri must have been a pain since the start. Both of them didn't take care well of the children. Fred has depression and possibly substance abuse. Joachim more or less the same but he adds his arrogance.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2015, 06:40:50 pm »

The other day I read a phrase that sums well any monarchy family: "they are dysfunctional because the institution requires characteristics that are not natural to humans".

Brilliant!  worship
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2015, 06:48:24 pm »

it is really good, it is from the new book about Juan Carlos and his past years of reign.

btw if anyone is interested in the contents of the book I can translate a couple of articles about it

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2015, 09:11:38 pm »

It is also a tricky family.

Henri must have been a pain since the start. Both of them didn't take care well of the children. Fred has depression and possibly substance abuse. Joachim more or less the same but he adds his arrogance.

I once read that the two princes were 'presented' to their parents every evening, all washed and fed, so to spend about half an hour with their parents. So it is not that the two princes got a good example of a good family life. I am not sure about the substance abuse of the Crown Prince, I doubt someone with a substance abuse could finish the Iron Man Race (heck...I have no substance abuse and I wouldn't be able tp do so easter-egg-basket). But I think that Frederik's insecurities and Joachim's arrogance are a result of a rather dysfunctional family-life.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2015, 04:45:30 pm »

^ Frederick has certainly looked fragile over the past few years.   Certain posters on a rabid *despise*-Mary board think it's because he is trapped in a loveless marriage to a crazy woman.    I think he has looked depressed and imagine there has been some self medication.    But he's looked better recently.   
HC
Countess

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2015, 07:36:58 pm »

Some of the last headlines from the tabloids was about Henrik being angry but Q M is fed up with him.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2015, 08:29:48 pm »

I think it's unfair to call Royal Dish that when this board is the same but about the BRF...

divorce in Denmark?!?!? Henrik must be a real PITA if not even QM can deal with him.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2015, 10:11:45 pm »

^ They are quite vicious about the Cambridges and Yorks, as well.

I think M and Henri will patch it up.  And maybe he is having some health issues causing him to be cantankerous.  He doesn't appear to have led a healthy lifestyle . . . .  sob
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2015, 10:17:15 pm »

I read in another forum that he had got done medical analysis in an hospital. But still why go to venice?

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2015, 12:19:09 am »

Henrik has had trouble with his weight in the past. At one time he was very, very heavy. That does do damage to the body after a while. Even though he has lost weight recently he might be dealing with the onset of diabetes Type 2. (The sort that develops in middle age when you don't look after yourself.)

I think that Henri had a temper tantrum just before all the celebrations were due to begin and kept it up during those few days (in private.) He then thought "I'll show her I don't need her!" and joined friends in Venice. I do think he and Daisy will kiss and make-up eventually, though. I can't imagine there'll be a divorce. Henri's mood swings must be terribly wearying for his wife and the rest of the family.

Unless it's the early onset of Alzheimer's!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2015, 06:00:32 pm »

The divorce mention was said in a joking way. Because Margrethe is too old fashioned. And if Henrik is free who knows what could he do.

Henri has been acting this way for decades, it's more his personality than any illness imo.

The temper tantrum could have happened but it should have been something very big for him to refuse the limelight of the bday.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: