Royal Gossip
August 17, 2017, 12:30:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 75th Birthday of Queen Margrethe  (Read 10380 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 07:56:45 pm »

he sounded better in french and much more confident in danish

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 08:01:44 pm »

I agree.

His English...

With a Danish accent...

Greeting to king Filip on his birthday. Nice touch.

Cp Frederik talks better in Danish. A nice speech about the burden she has lifted with elegance and so on. A touch of personal remarks about her wish that her children had been more grown up before the had to take up the task and so on.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 08:04:34 pm »

They focused on Fred and he looked like he was going to be a sacrifice... and then he started the speech and I understood everything

is not that the accent is bad, I'm sure he sounds much better when he is not nervous, his french sounded good and I also liked that he mentioned Phillipe

Margrethe had a bit of a forced expression at the start

btw is this the end?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 08:11:53 pm »

Commentator says there will be a boys choir and then the prime minister's speech.

Funny king Konstantin thought he was seated next to Anne Marie and then she had to tell him he was seated another place.

It must be difficult to place them being king and queen of nothing.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 08:15:46 pm »

^ well they are still her sister and brother in law, they've put head of states in the middle and family after them. If they hadn't the greeks would have been next to the swedish couple instead.

I think the confusion was that Constantine thought that he was put there then he started talking to Felipe and then Anne Marie realised that he didn't go there LOL Anne Marie must be happy she has two nephews to talk with

HC
Countess

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 08:51:50 pm »

Oh apparently queen margrethe will also make a speech.

All the guest get a gift.
It usually is a coin made for the special day.
HC
Countess

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 09:31:47 pm »

The prime minister's speech was great.

She mentions that the queens first prime minister said that it would be difficult when the regent was a woman, and this female regent also knew something about politic which made it even worse.

The queen said her destiny was bound to Denmark. And a lot poetic about the small farmers when she was a little girl, the big industries now but Denmark was still in the winding roads.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 01:43:14 am »

The Swedish king enters before the Norwegian king because of ancienity.

Yes, the Norwegian monarchy is the youngest of the lot, 1906. I thought everyone looked terrific at the banquet, especially my particular favourites, Daisy the host, Maxima of the Netherlands, Letizia, wearing her 'new' tiara, and Mathilde of the Belgians, who always looks well dressed. Frederik made a good stab at the speech. Nerves!
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 07:49:21 am »

The order of monarchs arriving has nothing to do with how old the monarchy is, but how long a certain monarch is reigning.

Had Queen Elizabeth II been there, she would have been highest in rank (after the birthday girl because, well, she was the birthday girl as well as hostess). So the reason why the Swedish King has a higher rank that the Norwegian King is that the Swedish King ascended the throne in 1973, the Norwegian King in 1991.

King Felipe of Spain is the lowest in rank because he became King only last year.

The funny part is that in a couple of years, if Amalia of The Netherlands (after she has become of age) meets Prince William as son of King Charles III, Amalia will have a higher rank than William because the rank of the heirs takes after the ranks of their parents/ monarchs.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2015, 08:02:35 am »

It would be funny to see William in a group photo with other royals of equal rank to him.  Nice kids, who's the old bald guy? William

I haven't played since I stopped
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 01:40:53 pm »

That would be a massive attack on his massive ego; being outsmarted by Prince Christian of Denmark and not half as cute as Princess Estelle of Sweden.

Last night I had dinner with a friend who complained about a new colleague and she used a description that is so fitting for William, I just have to share it: "An ego bigger than his personality and capacities combined".
HC
Countess

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 05:08:53 pm »

http://www.b.dk/nationalt/dronningen-om-sin-store-dag-kun-savner-jeg-at-have-min-mand-ved-min-side

Queen M on the balcony
 She received 60 coffee cups from the capital Copenhagen.

http://www.b.dk/nationalt/en-kongelig-karettur-gennem-koebenhavn

Carriage ride

http://www.bt.dk/royale/75-frisk-og-velfriseret-her-tager-dronningen-smilende-imod-morgenvaekningen

Video of the morning singing

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/

Another video

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2015/04/16/135734.htm

Moore videos
 easter-sly
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 05:11:56 pm by HC » Logged
HC
Countess

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2015, 07:36:27 pm »

Live galladinner

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Live/2015/04/14155741.htm
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 10:33:18 pm »

The celebrations continue in Denmark as Queen Margrethe throws ANOTHER gala dinner to mark her 75th birthday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3042584/The-celebrations-continue-Copenhagen-Denmark-s-Queen-Margrethe-throws-gala-dinner-marks-75th-birthday.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 08:51:03 pm »

So MM wasn't at the second gala dinner?

BTW my personal theory is that the CP couples were not in Denmark during Wednesday, if they had been it would have made sense for them to be in Thursday morning to wake the Queen and they weren't.

HC
Countess

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2015, 05:02:10 pm »

That's true.
But I can only refer to what the commentators said. They also mentioned that haakon and Daniel was seen jogging in the forest.

Now scandal is approaching. Prince Henrik is reported being in Venice this weekend. The court says it is to recover from the flu.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2015, 07:30:44 pm »

I can't do anything but admire him. He gets out of the bday celebrations and ends up in Venice recovering.

During that day I ended up thinking that he was really ill because the ambiance was not the best but if he is traveling now I doubt it.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2015, 03:16:41 pm »

I can't do anything but admire him. He gets out of the bday celebrations and ends up in Venice recovering.

During that day I ended up thinking that he was really ill because the ambiance was not the best but if he is traveling now I doubt it.

Really, Alexandrine?   You think Henri deliberately ducked his wife's self-aggrandizing celebrations??    Is there trouble brewing??   Do tell!!     eating cookies
HC
Countess

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2015, 06:59:34 pm »

I've just listened to a gossip radio show. Apparently some of the court had no idea prince consort Henrik had left the day after the galla.

Only a few number of staf knew he had just gone away.

Reporters then phoned the court and said they had photos of Henrik in venice. First the answer was that it was a private travel. Then the answer was that the prince was there to recouperate
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2015, 10:21:13 pm »

@ Miss Henri is a total PITA. I thought he had a good relationship with the wife but it is questionable at this point. His most famous incident is that when Margrethe couldn't attend a court event because of illness she was going to send Fred as her representant but Henri got in a tiff saying he should be going and that he was being unappreciated and disappeared to France.

Then he always complains that he should be king and blah blah blah.

As I said the tone of the celebration was weird. So I thought that maybe he was really ill but if he went to Venice that couldn't be. So him not going to the bday for some reason could make sense now.

On the other hand he loves being in the limelight and the bdays let him be.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: