Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 05:52:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Royals Eat  (Read 5617 times)
marion
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 04:58:02 pm »

^^probably doesn't know the difference
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 08:34:17 pm »

The burger king! RAF chef reveals Prince William's addiction to 450-calorie half-pounder made from Welsh lamb, cheese, bacon and a fried egg

A former RAF chef has revealed Prince William's favourite snack - a whopping burger fit for a king costing just £5.99.

The Royal Welsh Lamb Burger is a hefty half-pounder flavoured with a dash of mint sauce and paprika - and topped with Snowdonia cheese, bacon and a fried egg.

The 450-calorie treat - with salad and chips - became 33-year-old William's meal of choice when he was based at RAF Valley on Anglesey.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3169418/RAF-chef-reveals-Prince-William-s-addiction-burger-Welsh-lamb-cheese-bacon-fried-egg.html

Speaking as one whose mother always had to watch her weight, and I got roped in to help out, now way on this earth is a greasy half pound lamb  burger, fatty cheese, bacon and egg burger, plus chips and salad, 450 calories.  Impossible.

Just worked it out from Google

130 calories     one burger bun
294                 half pound lamb
78                   one fried egg
102                 25 grams Snowdonia cheese
52                   one slice bacon
235                 one small portion chips

Total =  891 calories.

I was mean on the cheese and only accounted for one slice of bacon.

Not taken into account is the fat/oil/lard used to cook the above products.

Sack the chef  -  I bet many people wish that meal was only 450 calories.

Would appear that nobody around bill medd can tell the truth.  Any fool who knows anything about food realises that no way can all that food tally up to 450 calories.

Maybe it is the remit for people he mixes with  -  important, please tell lies   easter-James

FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 11:39:42 pm »

^Oh gee, whatever happened to "the Middletons have an amazing lasagna recipe" and "Kate just loves to cook cozy dinners in the 'tiny' cottage"  Tongue
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 10:56:20 pm »

5 cereals that Dukes eat
http://www.tatler.com/news/articles/september-2015/five-cereals-that-dukes-eat

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 11:18:34 pm »

^The one comment sums that one up for me as well.  Won't say it here. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2015, 12:53:27 am »

LOL the same for me when i clicked

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 03:21:25 am »

Black Pudding was a dish sometimes served at feasts of King Henry VIII of England. Black Pudding is a sausage made by a length of pig's intestine with the pig's boiled, congealed blood.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2016, 10:00:59 am »

Ok, a question to the Brits out there and one I've always been too polite to ask at the time.  What's with the tomatoes at breakfast?  Salsa is about as close as we get to that here in the States.  Just curious.  No offense intended.

I realise this post was a number of years ago but thought I would give an insight:

We all know that we should eat a 'balanced' diet and tomatoes are high in Vitamin C - the only major vitamin missing from eggs. So having tomatoes with the eggs gives a wide range of vitamins as well as some protein, 1 of the five a day and thus is a healthy way to start the day.

I personally have a boiled egg and sliced tomato with toast for breakfast most mornings. I don't fry or otherwise cook the tomatoes but I do know that others do.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2016, 11:57:09 am »

^That's interesting; thank you!  So, citrus isn't part of the b'fast plan, yes?  We do have tomato juice but that's sometimes available/sometimes not.  OJ, any blending citrus/papaya/etc. is the norm.

I did learn from scientists that there is basically no nutritional value in a fresh tomato.  Fiber, yes.  The only time its full value comes into play is when they're gently sauteed w/olive oil which releases all the anti-oxidants, cancer-fighting free radicals and the most vitamin C.  So, the Brits are onto something there.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2016, 02:30:59 pm »

So he eat it both times he was there then?  Tongue
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2017, 09:26:18 pm »

At his wedding banquet, Prince Carl Philip of Sweden ate white asparagus, langoustine simmered with coriander served with grilled scallop, and peach and raspberry tartelette.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: